Swiss man accused of theft and overstaying visa faces deportation

snoop1130

Swiss man accused of theft and overstaying visa faces deportation

By Kamthon Kongsombat 
The Nation

11998e3b2d1b149cc7c9295facc44a276599c005855a06c4d85b29633d5e2004.jpg

Image: Siamrath

The Immigration Bureau plans to blacklist and deport a Swiss man who overstayed his visa and is also accused of series of thefts in Nongkhai and Phuket provinces.

Nongkhai deputy immigration police chief Colonel Prasit Somjaiprasong on Friday said that Julien Andre Junior Cotting, a Swiss national, 25, was arrested on Thursday at a guest house near the Mekong River in Nongkhai on theft charge.

He was arrested after Sai-arun Konwan, 42, the owner of the Chorfah Gallery Hotel in Muang district filed complaint with police that a foreigner had stolen her bag that she left in the hotel’s lobby on January 8.

She told police that she noticed Cotting having coffee in the lobby. Security camera checked later showed the suspect picking up her handbag and leaving on a rented motorcycle.

The handbag contained Bt1,000 cash, an ATM and other credit cards as well as other important documents.

Sai-arun said Cotting was a regular customer at the hotel’s coffee shop.

After the complaint, police searched for the suspect and noticed a suspicious-looking foreigner at a guesthouse. His passport revealed that he was Cotting and he had overstayed his visa.

After Sai-arun identified the suspect it was found that he had an outstanding arrest warrant on a theft charge in Phuket province where he allegedly stole a diamond ring in December, last year.

Cotting faces charges of theft and overstaying his visa and will be prosecuted and deported, immigration authorities said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30362509

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-18

Swiss man accused of overstaying visa and theft charges

by Kamthon Kongsombat

thaig.jpg

PHOTO: Security footage from the Phuket jewelry store in December 2018 – Facebook

The Immigration Bureau says they’re going to blacklist and deport a Swiss man who overstayed his visa and is also accused of series of thefts in Nongkhai and Phuket.

The Nongkhai deputy immigration police chief Colonel Prasit Somjaiprasong says that Julien Andre Junior Cotting, a 25  year old Swiss national, was arrested yesterday at a guest house near the

Mekong River in Nongkhai on theft charge.

He was arrested after 42 year old Sai-arun Konwan, the owner of the Chorfah Gallery Hotel in Muang district, filed complaint with police that a foreigner had stolen her bag that she left in the hotel’s lobby on January 8.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/swiss-man-accused-of-overstaying-visa-and-theft-charges

-- The Thaiger 2019-01-19

48 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Where is the Swiss guy? That's what I want to know...

He's hiding under that broad-rimmed Swiss farmer's straw hat. Apparently the RTP has run out of Star Wars storm trooper masks and suspects now are requested to bring along their own disguise when they're paraded to the press.

21 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

If the video shows him doing it,then caught red handed.now he is going to be charged and not be able to return here

..add on a hefty 500b to his overstay penalty, that should suffice.

Is this really a member community where you can learn something about Thailand?

There are so many stupid (unnecessary) posts or replays on any subjects that I ask myself: should I scroll down to the comments?

Could you people out there just shut up when you have nothing  important to say in a case just popped up,  

it makes no difference, you are a newbie, senior or platinum member,

just talk about what you know and keep the crap for a fun community site   

2 hours ago, lensta said:

Couldn't they fit a few more in for the Photo op lol

The hat took up too much room!

No wonder there are so many real criminals in Thailand if this is how they utilise the manpower of the RTP!!!  

3 minutes ago, franzs said:

Is this really a member community where you can learn something about Thailand?

There are so many stupid (unnecessary) posts or replays on any subjects that I ask myself: should I scroll down to the comments?

Could you people out there just shut up when you have nothing  important to say in a case just popped up,  

it makes no difference, you are a newbie, senior or platinum member,

just talk about what you know and keep the crap for a fun community site   

And sometimes the lighthearted comments are no more than the post deserves - as in this case.

After all, it's hardly the crimebusting sensation of the year, and "The Hat" makes it even more "funworthy"!

22 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

If the video shows him doing it,then caught red handed.now he is going to be charged and not be able to return here

So many people seem very slow to realise that there is CCTV everywhere these days and there's a good chance you're going to be filmed. I love a story from a few months ago about a woman who had it installed in her dress shop to catch shoplifters, and she was caught on it stealing from a customer's bag while the customer was trying on a dress :cheesy:

Archived