Swiss man accused of theft and overstaying visa faces deportation

snoop1130

2 hours ago, franzs said:

Is this really a member community where you can learn something about Thailand?

There are so many stupid (unnecessary) posts or replays on any subjects that I ask myself: should I scroll down to the comments?

Could you people out there just shut up when you have nothing  important to say in a case just popped up,  

it makes no difference, you are a newbie, senior or platinum member,

just talk about what you know and keep the crap for a fun community site   

This general 'community' has gone downhill over the years since I have been a member.  However you can still find some very useful info and learn a lot about Thailand in the other subject specific forums on the site, and from some very knowledgeable members. In particular - as the name of the site suggests, info about visas.

This general Thailand News forum though is a bit like the Sunday Sport or Sun newspaper, or indeed any other gutter press you care to mention - but sadly without the tits.. ????

The comments are mostly just opinions on the click bait headed news articles. Some of the opinions are informative and worth reading. Others are funny, and sadly, increasingly more are just bigoted, racist, or bashing from those disillusioned folk who have been unable to make a success of their 'new' life in Thailand.

If you cant be bothered to sort the wheat from the chaff then yes - you would probably be best not bothering to scroll down to the comments. You need to accept that t'internet does permit everyone a voice - even those you would prefer not to hear from!

On 1/18/2019 at 11:46 AM, Oziex1 said:

"a suspicious  looking foreigner"

That would be all of us, yes?

I think anyone will be considered suspicious if they wear the hat on a daily basis as he does in the picture….:coffee1:

9 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

How was he not registered as overstayer? I thought immigration Chief announced that there are no more overstayers in the kingdom unless I was on the fake news page.

well I think big joke said i cannot catch anymore overstayers ( reached his limit of ability ) and because of that asuming that there are no more... but reality check show s different...more and more rats to crawl out of their holes only thai cops are unable to do anything else than taking bribes 

4 hours ago, uktony said:

I am sure about a year or two ago I read here that these "Perp Walk" photo ops were to be band and Police etc were not to do them, but they seem to continue.

Yep! Like there's no one left in Thailand on "overstay"?

And like there is no prostitution in Pattaya?

And like there are no more illegal "check points"?

And like .........................?

Fill in the blanks yourself!

10 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

How was he not registered as overstayer? I thought immigration Chief announced that there are no more overstayers in the kingdom unless I was on the fake news page.

What he had meant to say was that there were no more overstayers who had not self reported.

7 hours ago, franzs said:

Is this really a member community where you can learn something about Thailand?

There are so many stupid (unnecessary) posts or replays on any subjects that I ask myself: should I scroll down to the comments?

Could you people out there just shut up when you have nothing  important to say in a case just popped up,  

it makes no difference, you are a newbie, senior or platinum member,

just talk about what you know and keep the crap for a fun community site   

You are learning that farangs in Thailand posting are not your "cup of tea," and maybe, just maybe that means you should be somewhere else.  It's like going to a city and hating everyone because everyone seems dumb.  Well, they won't change, but you can go somewhere better for yourself.   Remember, having friends is critical in life.  if these "friends" of yours are posting garbage all day, every day and driving you mad.......... but when 99% of people are sex tourists, come on, what do you really expect?  of course nobody on this site knows anything about girls in thailand....only here for the clean air, good traffic, quiet dogs, and 20 baht noodle soup.  

51 minutes ago, puukao said:

You are learning that farangs in Thailand posting are not your "cup of tea," and maybe, just maybe that means you should be somewhere else.  It's like going to a city and hating everyone because everyone seems dumb.  Well, they won't change, but you can go somewhere better for yourself.   Remember, having friends is critical in life.  if these "friends" of yours are posting garbage all day, every day and driving you mad.......... but when 99% of people are sex tourists, come on, what do you really expect?  of course nobody on this site knows anything about girls in thailand....only here for the clean air, good traffic, quiet dogs, and 20 baht noodle soup.  

"The trouble with going abroad is that it's full of bloody foreigners" (Alf Garnett!)

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

So no year jail term before trial? Just black list and send him to his home Countrt do he can steal more? 

Try as I might I cant find one iota of logic or sense in your questions, albeit they may have been rhetorical.... Maybe I haven't drunk enough yet.

How can there possibly be a jail term until there has actually been a trial???

From the article:

"Cotting faces charges of theft and overstaying his visa and will be prosecuted and deported, immigration authorities said"

He is proven to be on overstay already so he will for the time being be held in custody for that at least.  As a result of overstay he will have a big fine - or do time in jail in lieu.

On the theft charges if found guilty, which as there is CCTV evidence seems highly likely, he will incur either another fine or a jail term.

When that is all wrapped up he will be deported back to the land of Gnomes; and yes, of course he can steal more, regardless of whether or not he spends time in a Thai jail.....

Unless you are suggesting Thailand implement Sharia law and cut off his hands??

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"The trouble with going abroad is that it's full of bloody foreigners" (Alf Garnett!)

Not different to any developed countries novadays….….

On 1/19/2019 at 11:55 AM, billsmart said:

I would say a 300-day overstay does warrant deportation.

Just being accused of theft does not, however. If you admit to theft or are found guilty, then yes, that warrants it too.

But not after a year in The Bangkok Hilton Prison.  Then deport and ban for 10 years, or life.

On 1/19/2019 at 4:50 PM, Jonathan Swift said:

Yep. And given the kind of immigration police they sent to check up on my residency, see photo, I'm gonna make sure I'm as suspicious looking as necessary to garner more of this lady's attention.

IMG_4202.JPG

Wouldn't oppose getting frisked myself ????‍♀️

Amazing what makes the top news here. With the video evidence and the apparent overstay, the course of action is quite clear, unsurprising. 

Other countries might consider the theft to be petty and would not even prosecute, depending on total value of stolen items. The overstay is clear and easily dealt with.  Regardless, nothing "fishy" here. 

On 1/19/2019 at 8:35 PM, BurgerGung said:

Swiss? I heard they get more than 50,000 THB on the dole back home. What was he doing over here'? Lured by cheap drugs?

you need more than 50,000 to stay here FIY.  currently the requirement is 65.000 baht per month income.  i am from the States and it's so boring compared to LOS and Asia in general.  same with the EU.  tried both.

Archived