Too many monkeys: Hua Hin to sterilize 1,200 Macaques

snoop1130

Too many monkeys: Hua Hin to sterilize 1,200 Macaques

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

macaques-696x416.jpg

A tourist pours a bucket of slop onto a swarm of monkeys in Hua Hin in an undated photo. Photo: Matichon

HUA HIN — Hua Hin city will spend 1.2 million baht to sterilize 1,200 macaque monkeys in a bid to control their growing population.

Macaques at Khao Takiab, a mountain along the famous sea resort area of Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan province, are popular with tourists, who often feed and take photos with them.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019/01/18/too-many-monkeys-hua-hin-to-sterilize-1200-macaques/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-01-18

21 hours ago, hotchilli said:

If someone has a tasty recipe for Macaque stir-fry or Macaque torte and shared it online I'm sure the problem would resolve itself overnight!

Locals would take the initiative for a new revenue venture.

When I was training guys in Malaysia a few of my students slaughtered one and bbq'd it. They only cooked the ribs and told me it had to be a female to be good. I declined, telling them it was like eating your little brother.

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

When I was training guys in Malaysia a few of my students slaughtered one and bbq'd it. They only cooked the ribs and told me it had to be a female to be good. I declined, telling them it was like eating your little brother.

Only if you have an evil little brother.

Archived