BANGKOK 27 March 2019 01:56
snoop1130

Defense ministry defends new lot of Chinese Tanks

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I said it once, I said it twice and will say it the 3rd time.... Thailand was warned, they are coming for you, it started with travel agencies, mafia, students, etc., and now the tanks, same way it started in the south china sea... colonization process

I think it's common knowledge that the Chinese came for Thailand a long time ago. Most of the major businesses in the Kingdom are Sino-Thai controlled all the way from C.P. down. The power in the country is held mainly in Bangkok and probably Chiang Mai. After all, Uncle Thaksin was of Chinese ancestry bless him.

8 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Waste of money unless they use them with the UN.

Possibly will be used AFTER the General Election. I wonder how many will suffer "brake failures"?

2 hours ago, zydeco said:

They will not be in service 40 months from when they arrive.

Or 40 hours 😂

Defense ministry defends new lot of Chinese Tanks

Of course they do...

• Haha 1

The Chinese tank is a copy of a 30 year old Russian tank, that is superseded by three updated Russian models. It doesn't rate in the top 10 of world tanks.

I suppose it will protect from bows and arrows?

As I recall, the gun barrels were prone to exploding if fired, so yes better stick to parades.

No wonder the ancient hodgepodge of polluting busses 😂

9 hours ago, grumpy 4680 said:

As I recall, the gun barrels were prone to exploding if fired, so yes better stick to parades.

No worries, the co-axial machine gun (alongside the main gun) is entirely adequate for machine gunning people in the street, and the one on the pintle mount in front of the turret hatches is great for posing, and can be used against anyone on rooftops...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

The Chinese tank is a copy of a 30 year old Russian tank, that is superseded by three updated Russian models. It doesn't rate in the top 10 of world tanks.

I suppose it will protect from bows and arrows?

as long as it can run and be on the military parades, nothing else is required

On 1/19/2019 at 2:54 PM, Snow Leopard said:

More like bribe.

Precisely.

Waste of money? Hell no! These tanks are expected to be mission essential in putting down any election protest.

On 1/20/2019 at 7:19 AM, JAG said:

No worries, the co-axial machine gun (alongside the main gun) is entirely adequate for machine gunning people in the street, and the one on the pintle mount in front of the turret hatches is great for posing, and can be used against anyone on rooftops...

From an Australian pal of mine who is not from the military, but has spent time in other 'intersting countries':

'I saw an army train (in Chumphon) heading north. The gear it was transporting obviously had no use apart from on their own people...'

no problem! i just watched this video and all the controls inside the tanks are in English! :clap2:

so nothing to worry about. they will not be able to get them started.  :cheesy:

Edited by NCC1701A