BANGKOK 16 February 2019 01:42
snoop1130

Defense ministry defends new lot of Chinese Tanks

On 1/18/2019 at 6:16 PM, DrTuner said:

Chinese tanks are a good idea, once China announces Thailand is now it's property they can just carry on as usual.

Bit of an overstatement, I'd say. Just my view...

On 1/19/2019 at 11:01 AM, robblok said:

The point is that tanks are not good crowd control tools, but you seem to think that the people buying them thinks they are. That might be so but they are not. 

Someone mentioned this saying they were good for crowd control, i just disputed that.

I did not dispute that the people who bought them might think otherwise, though IMHO its all about skimming money and not crowd control in their head. Just look at their purchases in the past including the bomb detectors. They seem to buy all kind of stuff that usually does not match what they already have creating maintenance problems and such. So i think not much thought is ever put into the usability of what they buy, just about the commission they receive. 

I agree. Also, where else would they buy tanks from? The U.S.? Never, as that would make China unhappy.