Refused 1st Retirement extension

15 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

I was told that they are no longer doing the combined method.

That is not correct. The combination option is still allowed. There were no changes made to the police order for it. I think there is apparently some confusion going on at immigration about the changes.

Did you to the office in the city at Rajabhat university or Sirindhorn?

How long was the 650k baht in the bank? Was your income transferred into a Thai bank from overseas?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. The combination of option is still allowed. 

Did you to the office in the city at Rajabhat university or Sirindhorn?

How long was the 650k baht in the bank? Was your income transferred into a Thai bank from oversea?

I went to the office at the university. Money in the bank since October 2018. Yes from the UK.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Perhaps try at Sirindhorn on Monday. 

The combination was never show in clause 2.22 of police order 138/2557 that was amended and the only change was to add a new option for income. The combination option is is shown in clause 2.22 of 327/2557.

Perhaps download both police orders and the amendment that are available in this topic to look at yourself. They are available in Thai as well.

To be a bit pedantic.

The amendment , for the purpose of retirement only describes the procedure for 65,000 income, it does not specify anything about combination. 

Whilst the police order pertaining to requirements for extension of stay have remained unchanged . Thus the combination method still valid , there appears no specific method stipulated on how to provide supporting documentation.

I would agree that the natural reading would assume the same process to apply for both income and combination. 

10 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

The amendment , for the purpose of retirement only describes the procedure for 65,000 income, it does not specify anything about combination. 

I think the 65k baht number was more of an example than a fixed number for the new rules for proof of income. For the combination option annual income would be calculated based upon on the income shown on the bank statements to determine the amount needed in the bank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bet this will be pretty common.

I just used the letter to get my extension and asked the guy what the new rules were.

Not one mention of the combo method. 65K / month 40K / month or 400K / 800K seasoned only was his reply.

Hopefully he just did not know about it yet.

Edited by garyk
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, SABloke said:

So they didn't say that or are you saying they aren't following the law? It doesn't matter what the law says if the government officials you are dealing with make up regulations as they please. Hell, I'm required to get a police clearance certificate for my extension even though no such regulation exists. The fact is the OP was denied his extension for the reason given by the IO. 

Joe recommended calling the hotline and I would think this might be the best route telling of your experience and at which immigration office. A call from headquarters might clear the way for you and others going to that office. Just do remember to be calm and friendly asking for assistance.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, garyk said:

I bet this will be pretty common.

I just used the letter to get my extension and asked the guy what the new rules were.

Not one mention of the combo method. 65K / month 40K / month or 400K / 800K seasoned only was his reply.

Hopefully he just did not know about it yet.

Same message in Udon.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I have a friend in Phimai, he uses the Kasikorn as well, he was told by Korat immigration a couple of weeks ago while doing his 90 days, that the combination method wasn't an option and had to either have 800k seasoned or 65k a month going into his account every month, he will be reverting to a marriage visa as well, I did post that on here on another thread to inform people.  

Although that wasn’t an issue in my post thanks for reiterating that. Korat is one of the more amenable and friendly offices and your post just goes to further illustrate what a total mess this new income fiasco is going to become with confusion and misunderstanding all around. Totally predictable from the outset.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Although that wasn’t an issue in my post thanks for reiterating that. Korat is one of the more amenable and friendly offices and your post just goes to further illustrate what a total mess this new income fiasco is going to become with confusion and misunderstanding all around. Totally predictable from the outset.

Thanks for reporting what happened and where.

• Like 1

The police rule and reports coming in are all fine and dandy.

I would not totally rely on it however and do not assume anything.

My suggestion is if you have an extension coming up this year go to your Imm. office prior and ask for a supervisor and tell them to explain what they will require.

As some have said there will be a lot of confusion by Immigration (and us) on this and offices may interpret things differently. 

5 minutes ago, diggledunc said:

Ubonjoe have a look at my previous thread on IOs only using income letter once.

I have already looked at it. I think it will all get sorted out shorley. I think they don't really understand the new rules yet.

• Like 1