BANGKOK
ADS1

Refused 1st Retirement extension

Chiangmai using the combination method with no problems. Any body recently?
Specify with or without income letter. Different situations.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have already looked at it. I think it will all get sorted out shorley. I think they don't really understand the new rules yet.
Or maybe they are interpreting them differently than you are.

• Like 1

Until all offices get it straight confusion will be the order of the day. Until all this is sorted those applying for extensions will get the brunt of the confusion

They may think they already have it straight. No way of knowing yet.

• Like 2

I think the "income" method is going to be a virtual nightmare going forward. Too many parts to a moving puzzle for many of the local immigration offices. Too many little things to go wrong, i.e., short amount transferred, transfer code wrong, etc. For some IO's it will be okay, but for many it won't. If you can't afford either the 400K or 800K seasoned Thai bank account, you probably should start looking for another country....or settle in for a lot of headaches!   
I totally agree. I think most people are vastly minimizing the potential technical pitfalls with the new rules. Remember previously no import to Thailand was required at all and while some see this change as good news its been clear to me all along a change to required annual imports especially done monthly would be a massively negative change.

• Thanks 2

They may think they already have it straight. No way of knowing yet.  

Got to be a mistake some not accepting combination method otherwise there would have been an announcement when the new reg came out
  • Haha 1

Got to be a mistake some not accepting combination method otherwise there would have been an announcement when the new reg came out
What announcement? The police order amendment does not mention combo method at all.

Consider the "mistake" might be expats expecting the combo method to continue without embassy letters.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What announcement? The police order amendment does not mention combo method at all.

Consider the "mistake" might be expats expecting the combo method to continue without embassy letters.

There’s a new thread just started by chap refused combo method in UK at home embassy there.

Unless some or many offices are reading the amendment as superceding. Also I don't know the possible nuances in Thai that may make them read the amendment as superceding.

Above post would appear to indicate the decision has been made to not allow combo method and this has been communicated to Foreign Service posts (as Embassy web site still shows combo method is allowed but above actions indicates it is not).  We seem to be playing without a playbook at this point.😟

• Like 2