BANGKOK 19 July 2019 17:33
ADS1

Refused 1st Retirement extension

4 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

// but the memorandum itself re writes the two sections of orders for supporting documents. // There is no provision for showing annual earnings.

You make a very personal reading of the memorandum :unsure:

By example the Embassy Letter showing Income is still an option (for most).

See the last line :

WM_3.jpg.8ff9e68bf174cd5dd1fcd91db0aa954

36 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

You make a very personal reading of the memorandum :unsure:

By example the Embassy Letter showing Income is still an option (for most).

See the last line :

WM_3.jpg.8ff9e68bf174cd5dd1fcd91db0aa954

You are correct. The remark was intended for people who cannot get embassy letters..  

It is unclear from the procedure column if this embassy certificate relates only to the 65k route or includes the other route options.

Edited by cleopatra2

27 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

And, if using the combo-method, hope your local IO will "interpret" the rules to allow this (seems that some are, and some aren't).

Have there been any reports this year of succesful combo(non letter) extensions. Don’t recall any!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

The income letters specify / specified monthly income.  The difference was, those using the income-letters could take their annual/bi-annual/quarterly income and divide to get a monthly figure.  The "new rules" for those w/o income-letters are "monthly international-transfers into a Thai Bank" - so no flexibility to allow for those whose incomes don't fit a "12 payments per year" schedule. 

If one's income does not fit a "12 payments per year" schedule, and they cannot get an embassy-letter, then they must manually send 12 monthly payments, and ensure these show up in their Thai Bank as foreign-transfers (not passed through an intermediate Thai bank).

And, if using the combo-method, hope your local IO will "interpret" the rules to allow this (seems that some are, and some aren't).

I shall be down to see my friendly IO in P'lok tomorrow and let you know HIS interpretation. 

• Like 1

OP how far back did you have money coming into your account  !?

I still don't get what flexibility there will be for this as the announcement came out Jan 2019...! ? 

Yes,  ideally next year we can all have 12 deposit in our accounts,  but how can they expect to have this now or this year,  not many people were so vigilant or had the hindsight to do it,  I wasn't even here for the last few months so didn't need the money to use here to deposit...!  (of course I can do it for next year even if I'm not here,  but that's another story) 

• Like 1

I do yearly (or 2x yearly) transfers in sterling to my sterling account in Bangkok Bank, I then do monthly transfers to my Thai baht account.

This does in fact tick the boxes for the requirements of income

- Foreign transfer from outside Thailand

- Monthly transfer to Thai Bank

Where these monthly transfers from a foreign source - yes, the money came from outside Thailand

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

OP how far back did you have money coming into your account  !?

I still don't get what flexibility there will be for this as the announcement came out Jan 2019...! ? 

Yes,  ideally next year we can all have 12 deposit in our accounts,  but how can they expect to have this now or this year,  not many people were so vigilant or had the hindsight to do it,  I wasn't even here for the last few months so didn't need the money to use here to deposit...!  (of course I can do it for next year even if I'm not here,  but that's another story) 

They are supposed to be flexible in the 1st year - so start transfers now. 

They might also ask for 2ndary documentation (pension-statements, etc), as they do sometimes already, for those using embassy-letters.

Amen!!!  And the mine field laid by some immigration offices will vary due to their interpretation of the new monthly income rule especially for 2019.   One person's report on how he safely navigated through the Nakhon Nowhere immigration Office monthly income minefield might not work at the Nakhon SomeWhereElse Immigration Office minefield.   
Sad but true but I do think there is a growing market for Spanish lessons in Thailand.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I do yearly (or 2x yearly) transfers in sterling to my sterling account in Bangkok Bank, I then do monthly transfers to my Thai baht account.

This does in fact tick the boxes for the requirements of income

- Foreign transfer from outside Thailand

- Monthly transfer to Thai Bank

Where these monthly transfers from a foreign source - yes, the money came from outside Thailand

Semantics and you seem to be adding a few of your own full stops to the text I see above.