BANGKOK 23 February 2019 12:25
ADS1

Refused 1st Retirement extension

4 hours ago, dcnx said:

Per usual, the Somchai on the left doesn’t know what the Somchai on the right is doing.

True. Most locals, including immigration and my wife and stepdaughter work as per the chaos theory. I'm still working on my Philippines contingency plan.

9 hours ago, JackThompson said:

They are supposed to be flexible in the 1st year - so start transfers now. 

They might also ask for 2ndary documentation (pension-statements, etc), as they do sometimes already, for those using embassy-letters.

My extension renewal is early May,  I wonder if 4 or 5 transfers satisfy them,  unfortunately we can't be sure,  so I may have to go with 800k option to be sure...!  

8 hours ago, Agusts said:

My extension renewal is early May,  I wonder if 4 or 5 transfers satisfy them,  unfortunately we can't be sure,  so I may have to go with 800k option to be sure...!  

As the amendment is written, yes it should. Problem is nobody can be sure until the waters have been tested. There is always the regional variation to be concerned about. 

You obviously need to set up the 800k by early February. If your monthly expenses exceed 65k you can always look to drawing the 800k down in the future (for next year) or consider a way to repatriate it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Agusts said:

Had better get it in the seasoning pot soon! :wacko:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maestro said:

This applies only to applicants using the income method who cannot get the so-called embassy letter.

The method using the embassy letter has not been revised; it remains available without any changes.

Is the issue of this thread not pertaining to persons who cannot get embassy letter.

Can you state what supporting documentation is to be provided for proof of annual earnings for the combination method, for persons unable to obtain embassy letter from section 2.22.

5 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Thanks.  ...   Good broad info for everyone... but still doesn’t clarify the two main queries.  Combo and transfer method acceptable

If someone is using the combo method, it wouldn't take much to top it up to 800k. It's only to be there for 3 months. Those who can't do this, really shouldn't be living in a foreign country, IMHO. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rugon said:

If someone is using the combo method, it wouldn't take much to top it up to 800k. It's only to be there for 3 months. Those who can't do this, really shouldn't be living in a foreign country, IMHO. 

Can you explain the combo method you will be using now then please.

I live here since 2000, pratically no money in the bank.
I transfer monthly the equivalent of 75000 ThB and spend it.
I consider myself as doing rather well.

You are doing rather well, the sum is more than enough.
If anyone can not do that then they they must subtract what they can transfer from the stipulated amount, multiply the remainder by twelve and deposit that amount into a fixed deposit account. It may even be possible to keep that deposit for only three months prior to renewal.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app