1st Deemoney transfer

Registered for an account online and the Deemoney lady called me.  No problem.  2 days time.  Gave me a free coupon for my first transfer.

12,000 baht.  to USA.  17 Jan 2019.  They sent me a QR code.  Scanned with my SCB bank account on my phone.  Took one min. 

Lady at the account has that typical American face thing though.  She sent me two invoices with different amounts and told me to make sure and pay the exact amount. 

I paid the largest one and sent her a screen capture of the invoice and told her I paid the most expensive one and to let me know when she received the payment in her account.  Not a word of apology for sending me two different invoices with different amounts for the same thing.  Oh well you know how Americans are and that face thing.  I'll report back when I know how long the transfer took. 

No questions on the Thai end.  Everything smooth. 

Care to share the exchange rate? Savfe it on the tomatoes, put it on the potatoes. RIA @ GSB, they couldn't even metion the fee for sending5,700 THB to a German bank accout. Later, it turns out that

i. they sent EUR

2. and the fee was 595 THB

Got it a few days later, it was credited on a Sunday morning.

Seems cheaper than Western Unio and less hassle than a KTB bank wire @ 1,600. But if the amount is high, the bak wire might be the better option...

Thank you in advance, OP, for following up.

12 minutes ago, BurgerGung said:

Care to share the exchange rate? Savfe it on the tomatoes, put it on the potatoes. RIA @ GSB, they couldn't even metion the fee for sending5,700 THB to a German bank accout. Later, it turns out that

i. they sent EUR

2. and the fee was 595 THB

Got it a few days later, it was credited on a Sunday morning.

Seems cheaper than Western Unio and less hassle than a KTB bank wire @ 1,600. But if the amount is high, the bak wire might be the better option...

Thank you in advance, OP, for following up.

No fee, coupon but normal would have been 150.  Rate .03121 .  Not there yet. 

Also keep in mind the DeeMoney funds delivery status where it shows "In Progress" does not necessary mean the funds have not already arrived/posted to the account.  

With the two DeeMoney transfers I did to my US bank account the funds posted to my US bank account per my US banking ibanking approx 36 hours before the DeeMoney status changed from "In Progress" to delivered/completed.  Guess it takes 24 to 48 hours for delivery confirmation to flow back thru the system to update the DeeMoney status.  

40 minutes ago, Pib said:

Also keep in mind the DeeMoney funds delivery status where it shows "In Progress" does not necessary mean the funds have not already arrived/posted to the account.  

With the two DeeMoney transfers I did to my US bank account the funds posted to my US bank account per my US banking ibanking approx 36 hours before the DeeMoney status changed from "In Progress" to delivered/completed.  Guess it takes 24 to 48 hours for delivery confirmation to flow back thru the system to update the DeeMoney status.  

Thanks for telling me that. 

11 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

No. No idea. How are Americans and that 'face thing?' Are all Americans like whatever you are implying? 

Western people in general are afraid to admit wrongdoing or error and will go to great lengths to avoid losing face. British stiff upper lip the same as the Japanese term Gaman. It makes dealing with money over email difficult. 

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's never been my experience. And after all, Thais are the experts in that area.

That is the attitude of the uninformed (IMO) and those who assign racial stereotypes to Asians. The Deemoney transfer was a good test for me as I had no problems on the Thai end as I had a bunch of questions and there was a small language barrier but on the American end I had a problem because the lady accountant was in error and could not bring herself to admit she sent me two different invoices with two different amounts and then had the gall to ask me to pay the exact amount - like it was my fault.

I called and emailed Deemoney 3 times to make a pest of myself but they were nice in all of their responses. 

5 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Western people in general are afraid to admit wrongdoing or error and will go to great lengths to avoid losing face. British stiff upper lip the same as the Japanese term Gaman. It makes dealing with money over email difficult. 

Yes. I have seen that people in banks do not like to make mistakes and are probably afraid of repercussions. Nobody is perfect, but nobody likes to screw up either. In a bank, it does have consequences for the workers when they get "written up." 

I had asked the lady in the States if the banking details were the same (I've paid the same bill 10 times in 10 years).  She didn't respond to that and only sent me two invoices with different amounts and asked me to make payment for exact amount.  I paid the higher invoice to the bank I had on record from last year and emailed her back informing her of that.  No response.  Dee money notified me via the phone app that the bill was paid. 

Yesterday dee money called my phone and asked me to get a line account to confirm my passbook.  I got a line account and friended dee money.  But that was not the right dee money.  Their account on line is @deemoney.  So I got the right account and a big advertising screen came up with a little keyboard at the bottom and one has to press the little keyboard at the bottom of their big ad.  I did and talked to the guy from deemoney.  We finally got to what he wanted not a passbook but the routing and account number of company I was trying to pay  in the States.  I gave him the information I had and he said he would get back to me.

I emailed the lady in the States with the account number I had used to pay the bill.  Today she emailed me back that was the wrong account number (did not give me the correct account number) and said she would talk to the bank tomorrow and get back to me. 

So, looks like Deemoney has my money and the wrong account number.  Maybe the bank is right - don't know - as the lady did not tell me.  Perhaps Deemoney or the bank in USA could look at the name and phone number and address of the account that I have them and match an account number to that but that seems too simple and unlikely to happen. 

Glad this is only 300 bucks but I am now waiting for a LINE message from deemoney or a phone call and/or a email from the lady accountant in USA to tell me what is going on.

To recap.  Deemoney has the correct name and address and phone number of the company I am trying to pay but perhaps the wrong account number.  The lady accountant of the company I am trying to pay may not know the bank account number of the company she works for.  Deemoney's app said my transaction is complete but that may or may not be correct. 

On 1/23/2019 at 5:42 PM, marcusarelus said:

Don't know what alternate reality you exist in, but in this one you got that 100% turned around. 

Most ridiculous post maybe ever. :crazy:

30 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Don't know what alternate reality you exist in, but in this one you got that 100% turned around. 

Most ridiculous post maybe ever. :crazy:

That's why I thought I'd post it here.  Bean counters in Asia or the West are the same.

Although you and people like you have a hard time admitting that. 

So I thought I'd try an experiment.  A bookkeeper from the West and bookkeeper from Thailand.  So far I asked the the West bookkeeper for information which she did not provide and what she did provide was in error.  The Thai bookkeeper also provided information that was in error (said transaction was complete but it was not.)  So I'm waiting for the results now and will see who admits wrong and apologizes.  Thai or West?  

For you?  Insulted (flamed) me twice so far.  1.  Telling me I live in an alternative reality and 2. Ridiculous post remark. 

We shall see who is right or wrong and who admits error.  Maybe the bank will actually look at the name on the transfer and figure it out but I think that unlikely as requiring too much common sense for an accountant of either nationality. 

Last night the company in the USA emailed me and told me the bank had not received anything even though Deemoney showed payment complete. 

I finally asked her (USA company) to give me the account number and routing number (third time)- she didn't want to.  The company had changed accounts and their account number and routing number was different although the bank was the same.  Don't know why the routing number would change because the bank is the same but it did.  

I added the correct account and routing number to my LINE conversation with Deemoney and am waiting to see if they can get my money out of limbo and into the correct account and how long that will take. 

The American woman apologized and said she didn't realize I didn't have the new account number.  Why I don't know as I sent her the account number I was using 3 times. 

I will also call Deemoney today to see if they can reference their LINE account conversation.

Apparently the first time I entered the account number my phone app or I dropped the last digit and that was the first account Deemoney sent the money to and sent me confirmation.  But it must have got kicked back to them as a wrong number.  They called me and asked me to open a line account for communication which I did and re entered the account I had for my bill in the States (not knowing the American company had changed accounts but stayed with the same bank). 

I then emailed the bookkeeper in USA and she emailed me back saying I had an old account number but the bank had no record of the money going to the old account (because it was the wrong number). 

I finally got the correct account number and gave this information to Deemoney via LINE app.  They wanted proof (photo) of the bank account in the USA.  I sincerely asked them to expedite as there is a 12 hour time difference and they don't work at night - charge me whatever but I need to transfer the money.

They said OK and it would take 3 to 5 days.  

I have learned to check the numbers entered in the Deemoney app again after entry.  Go back and open and look again.  Check account numbers before transfer because the name of the company is not cross referenced with the number and not automatically kicked out.  Another words Deemoney needs a accurate number because wrong ones are accepted and not automatically stopped so double check before entry.  

Last night at 11PM when I was doing all this this my post paid phone and pre paid phone would not make long distance calls and my SCB easy money account stopped working.  The phones started working after 5 tries and the SCB account was OK this morning.  I was beginning to think i was jinxed.   

Archived