Prawit to feed sticky rice to Chinese at 'Record-breaking' feast

snoop1130

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

50223091_384473358974658_9044883276321259520_n.jpg

BANGKOK — The man behind a viral disparaging remark about Chinese tourists is scheduled to feed them five tons of mango sticky rice Sunday.

In an event titled “We Care For You,” deputy junta chairman Prawit Wongsuwan will inaugurate the feast of Thailand’s most famous dessert for 10,000 Chinese tourists, the government said Friday.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2019/01/18/prawit-to-feed-sticky-rice-to-chinese-at-record-breaking-feast/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-01-18

15 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The Deputy Prime Minister Thailand Prawit said he thinks the Thai-owned hotel in Nairobi, Kenya had been attacked by the Somalian Islamist group al-Shabaab, "because the food is delicious".

So what's on his menu for the Somali terrorists? Goat curry? This man is a complete fool!

Soon Thailand can be the 24th province of China. Then no need for visas or special lanes at Suvarnabhumi. The Chinese can go directly to the Thai lanes. This will free up the lanes on the other side for us. ???? All the special favors for the Chinese leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

12 hours ago, Hayduke said:

The Lord of the Toads speaks to the press as he departs for the Great Mango Eat Off.”

Prawit final.jpg

Not a recent picture may I guess, as more recently tic-tac frog wears sleeves too long for him, ...and media photographers seem to have been instructed to only take pictures of him from well above of his wrist(*) up... (* not the left, the right wrist because the priceless timepieces are just 'borrowed' ones, is that the reason, or would he be ...?)

As if chinese tourists spending just a few days running(!) around in Thailand (do they know?) care a rat's a.s about this bad copy of Yoda character? Rather not, at all, I'd think, and worse, being robbed of 1/2 a day for this, damn silly, probably created by TAT, looney PR gag...

The question I'm asking myself is a practical one: who will for Pete's sake organise things with these 10,000 'pilgrims': catching them, coraling them, transporting them, keep them orderly and quiet, make them eat in a decent way (not throwing food!)... I sincerely hope there will be a large, independent(!) camera team to bring us the pictures of this party! Might be as good as that certifiable Plodprasop (PTP Min of Science, etc.) playing King Naresuan, half naked, in front of hundred of, bewildered, international guests' as audience...

'Amazing Thailand': for sure, every day, but not for the right, good, reasons, alas...    

News Flash from the PM's office, unfortunately the eat-a-thon has been rescheduled as it clashes with an important up coming event (it just slipped our mind) and a second possible, maybe, could happen, not so important national election. However, we really truly promise it will be arranged after reviewing all likely scenarios ensuring everything is in our favour, that's the eat-a-thon, we are still striving to organise the other lesser important event. 

Archived