BANGKOK 17 February 2019 15:49
snoop1130

Prawit to feed sticky rice to Chinese at 'Record-breaking' feast

A buffet of mango and sticky rice to Chinese. This will be a spectacle alright, they should build a colosseum and arm the Chinese with longswords. I'd go cheer with wine & bread, brilliant entertainment.

• Haha 1

anything sticky from that mans hand should be followed by a cycle of Antibiotics...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Hope it is not the same batch of rice they handed out after the storm.:cheesy:

I hope it is !!  That would be great !  Thousands of Chines tourists with food poisoning and the trots ! 

• Haha 1

Some nice time pieces in return please just don't offer any relaunch boat cruises 🤔

12 hours ago, Hayduke said:

The Lord of the Toads speaks to the press as he departs for the Great Mango Eat Off.”

Prawit final.jpg

Not a recent picture may I guess, as more recently tic-tac frog wears sleeves too long for him, ...and media photographers seem to have been instructed to only take pictures of him from well above of his wrist(*) up... (* not the left, the right wrist because the priceless timepieces are just 'borrowed' ones, is that the reason, or would he be ...?)

Edited by bangrak

As if chinese tourists spending just a few days running(!) around in Thailand (do they know?) care a rat's a.s about this bad copy of Yoda character? Rather not, at all, I'd think, and worse, being robbed of 1/2 a day for this, damn silly, probably created by TAT, looney PR gag...

The question I'm asking myself is a practical one: who will for Pete's sake organise things with these 10,000 'pilgrims': catching them, coraling them, transporting them, keep them orderly and quiet, make them eat in a decent way (not throwing food!)... I sincerely hope there will be a large, independent(!) camera team to bring us the pictures of this party! Might be as good as that certifiable Plodprasop (PTP Min of Science, etc.) playing King Naresuan, half naked, in front of hundred of, bewildered, international guests' as audience...

'Amazing Thailand': for sure, every day, but not for the right, good, reasons, alas...    

Edited by bangrak

News Flash from the PM's office, unfortunately the eat-a-thon has been rescheduled as it clashes with an important up coming event (it just slipped our mind) and a second possible, maybe, could happen, not so important national election. However, we really truly promise it will be arranged after reviewing all likely scenarios ensuring everything is in our favour, that's the eat-a-thon, we are still striving to organise the other lesser important event. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2019 at 8:21 PM, james.d said:

I am speechless....

And i'm hungry, why us farang never got that?? We get killed every day on the thai roads or balconies.