BANGKOK 19 February 2019 12:12

A few months ago I began to notice that the bin outside my house was filling up quicker than usual. Upon inspection of the rubbish, I could clearly see that it wasn't mine. Strange I thought, but I let it slide..

Then last week I caught my neighbor in the act. She sneakily walked past my garden in her pyjamas and proceeded to dump a bin bag full of her refuse into my (already rather full) bin. I opened my front door and shouted to her in Thai: "Madam, what do you think you are doing?" She replied, "can I use your bin?" to which I said "Don't you think you should have asked me before? No you can't, take it out now." At which point she mumbled something to herself before removing her rubbish and putting it where it belonged.

Do these people not understand boundaries? How dare she use my bin without asking me first. I would't mind if it was an empty bottle of water or something similar but it was a full sack of used toilet roll, bad food, sanitary towels and all the other household waste. 

How would TV members have dealt with this situation? Would you have reacted like me or just let it slide?

KP.

Edited by KhunProletariat
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Leverage the situation. Use your bin and the recording of her using your bin, which you should have made by now, to compromise her. What do you want from her?

p.s. Have your people thoroughly inspect the contents of her bags. There could be something further incriminating in there.

p.p.s. Many villages/neighbourhoods stop refuse collection from houses who haven't paid their community charge.

• Like 1

Just now, Briggsy said:

p.p.s. Many villages/neighbourhoods stop refuse collection from houses who haven't paid their community charge.

That must be it! I know for a fact that they don't pay their community charges. Bunch of scrubbers, why can't people just pay their way?

5 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

No, they dont. Everything visible was put there by some higher power for their use.

Seems that way.

KP.

Had several issues with our only neighbor who will not pay for a large bin dumping rubbish in ours

We politely or maybe not, put a stop to it 

Neighbour is a farmer has money but they are in indeed freeloaders

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

The horror, good thing you will be leaving soon. This is something that would never ever happen in the west (drops dead laughing as it used to be a problem back in the west where I came from).

Maybe where you came from it was a problem. I personally have never had an issue back home with people using my bin (or if they did I never caught them in the act).

She thought she was being discreet. The look of panic on her face as I shouted at her from my doorstep was a sight to behold.

KP.

• Haha 1