User Site Issues 2019

Tech Doctor

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only complaint so far is that the blue/mauve font is a bit too 'washed out' and not so instantly readable for us oldies.....yes I know that I can brighten the colours on my monitor but I cannot have it too bright because one of my regular websites uses a bright vivid light green in its pages which causes me eye strain and headaches.

The old blue was OK and so is the black font.

Thanks

-Up arrow missing.

-Cannot delete notifications straight from the notification bell.

-There is a category missing when looking at profile and so on, impossible to find postings made or topics ones started. In other words; No history to be found.

-In `Content I posted in` it does not expand any further than the few topics shown ; No loading of more activity.

-The used font is a bit vague, could use a bit more contrast. 

-The forum is too fast ????  even with editing...wooow

18 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Silly name AVATAR, it reminds me of a Toyota Van. Its a Picture for heavens sake. A Panda to normal Folk.

Doesn't remind me of a Toyota van.

Avatar is the generally used word to describe 'a picture' when referring to a user's profile. It's not a word I dreamed up. Would 'icon' make you happier?

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I am getting really tired of having to click away the TVF request for notifications

Just turn it off in the settings. I have nothing to complain about here.  On Windows and Chrome. 

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Doesn't remind me of a Toyota van.

Avatar is the generally used word to describe 'a picture' when referring to a user's profile. It's not a word I dreamed up. Would 'icon' make you happier?

Actually in my case, avatar or icon are both incorrect. It is a picture of ME.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Holy moly. This new format is way too fast; I just can't keep up and I am young and fit. How on earth how are all the doddering old codgers that are the majority of posters going to manage?!?! I'm off for a lie down.

we pace ourselves, same with sex. 

5 minutes ago, balo said:

Just turn it off in the settings. I have nothing to complain about here.  On Windows and Chrome. 

Was switched off and is still switched off. Still I get this annoying request from TVF to allow notifications whenever I close a window.

2 minutes ago, balo said:

This is how I prefer to have it. Browser notifications disabled.   

Capture.JPG.8ddb5783314a30cb59f767c137598e6f.JPG

Which is how I have it as well (except I don't automatically follow content I reply to), but I still get this annoying popup every time I close a window. Firefox, maybe that is the reason.

Archived