User Site Issues 2019

Tech Doctor

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I ended up re-installing mine, as I wasn't sure if there was a chance it would return/be returned.

Unfortunately mine was lost during the fire of London, just joking but no longer have it. 

2 hours ago, VBF said:

I had that problem on Chrome. Fixed it by tweaking my ScriptSafe extension.

Are you using Chrome? If so, try running it without any extensions, then work back

It is already working as advertised again, thanks for reacting !

1 hour ago, Carib said:

It is already working as advertised again, thanks for reacting !

You're welcome.

Maybe my tweak wasn't what fixed it after all.

No matter - if it ain't broke.......... you know the rest!:cool:

OK I noticed something weird , some of the last notifications I received are from new threads I did not participate in at all. From the Bangkok forum and Visa forum .

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you checked your notification settings. They could of changed due to the migration and updates done.

In would love to check Notification page but it wont let me have it.

Lets take today Sunday 20th. Haven't been on TV for over a week. Turned on to find I have been signed out??? Normally not a problem just resign in again. Would it let me do it well NO. Said there is a problem with TV web page. Took me around 1 hour to get back in. Only did same to put a note on this section.

If you would be so kind as to inform me by PM when you have sorted your site I MIGHT use again. Until then you have lost yet another punter. Going to join all the other ones that don't bother with TV anymore. Please don't tell me it's my comp: as I run off 120mb and don't have a problem with any other site. Await your reply but I won't be holding my breath.  

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you checked your notification settings. They could of changed due to the migration and updates done.

I was getting notifications up to about miday yesterday, I have changed nothing and also checked all settings - they are correct

37 minutes ago, smedly said:

I was getting notifications up to about miday yesterday, I have changed nothing and also checked all settings - they are correct

I have the problem sorted, I probably should have worked it out myself a lot earlier lol

We had a double power outage yesterday at about 2pm very fast off and on twice in succession, so I looked a bit closer, it turns out that me PST file on my mail application had become corrupted and I was in fact receiving no new mail from anywhere not just TVF, so the problem had nothing to do with TVF it was a corrupted mailer file on my system, all fixed now and working 

sorry for the wild goose chase ????

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I have the problem sorted, I probably should have worked it out myself a lot earlier lol

We had a double power outage yesterday at about 2pm very fast off and on twice in succession, so I looked a bit closer, it turns out that me PST file on my mail application had become corrupted and I was in fact receiving no new mail from anywhere not just TVF, so the problem had nothing to do with TVF it was a corrupted mailer file on my system, all fixed now and working 

sorry for the wild goose chase ????

@smedly Just a thought - your mail application is presumably MS Outlook (part of Office perhaps?). I draw that from your mention of PST files as I use it too.

It's often worthwhile checking via the webmail if you see no incoming emails. When my Chrome opens, my GMail is one of my startup tabs.

Outlook is great but the webmail is closer to the source, if you like.

25 minutes ago, VBF said:

@smedly Just a thought - your mail application is presumably MS Outlook (part of Office perhaps?). I draw that from your mention of PST files as I use it too.

It's often worthwhile checking via the webmail if you see no incoming emails. When my Chrome opens, my GMail is one of my startup tabs.

Outlook is great but the webmail is closer to the source, if you like.

well yes of course, I do have a degree level education in networking amongst other things, it was something I overlooked for a while until I actually decided to look into it, it took me 2mins to diagnose and solve, thanks for you input 

Power outage causing corruption of a file that was likely being accessed at the time, there were no other indicators or errors that the file was corrupt apart from no updates to the file itself which were not evident

On 1/19/2019 at 9:08 AM, champers said:

Holy moly. This new format is way too fast; I just can't keep up and I am young and fit. How on earth how are all the doddering old codgers that are the majority of posters going to manage?!?! I'm off for a lie down.

Very good....I probably would be considered "old" at 69 but not doddery...thank God.

If you live to reach the same age as myself you may realize that is a cause for celebration (rather than derision) considering the fact that you will have most lightly overcome many tough obstacles along the way....and more sadly....lost a few friends who were not so lucky.

On 1/19/2019 at 4:17 PM, Tech Doctor said:

what device are you using, i have added for tablets now.

TD

Chrome browser on Microsoft Surface Pro 2018, no special browser add-ons or anything aside from a font override.  Turning that off did not help.

12 hours ago, attrayant said:

Chrome browser on Microsoft Surface Pro 2018, no special browser add-ons or anything aside from a font override.  Turning that off did not help.

A small screens size does affect it. Are you using full screen. The zoom settings on the browser also affects the font and other options when writing a post.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A small screens size does affect it. Are you using full screen. The zoom settings on the browser also affects the font and other options when writing a post.

I use the surface pro, do you have zoom or the magnification settings changed?

TD

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

23 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

I use the surface pro, do you have zoom or the magnification settings changed?

I've tried all browser zoom settings from 80% to 200% and nothing changes with regard to the toolbar buttons.  Above 200%, things get squeezed and buttons start dropping off.  I am at 150% screen magnification (the setting that is recommended in the control pane), but even if I set it to 100% or 125%, there is no difference.  Indent does not appear no matter what zoom level or screen mag I set.

I am using a different PC today; a Surface Pro 3, but having the same issue.

3 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Now try please.

No difference:

1420818054_missingindent2.PNG.54023d5aeba0b81a4054e76e7fe7f8a2.PNG

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I see all  the options in that screenshot. Not sure what you are missing.

What I can see is the same.

There used to be indent left & right buttons, which I used often when quoting external material.

Now that I look more closely, I just noticed the superscript and subscript buttons are missing too!  I used those often in the climate change discussions to make a subscript 2 when I write "CO2".  Here's what they look like:

superscript.PNG.be0e7ccdbdc79d6b49dbe7e99bf518e7.PNG

Seems like you are missing the same things.  At least I know it's not just me.

Archived