User Site Issues 2019

Tech Doctor

I'm not sure if others have noticed this (or even had the same problem), but now (unlike in the past) if there is a notification of a new post on the thread I am reading, when I click on that notification (the poster's name) - nothing happens! It used always to take me to the new post in the thread (or the commencement of the set of new posts). Now I have to go to the Refresh button at the top of the browser and click on that every time and then scroll down to look for the new post(s).  It is such a time-waster and so unnecessarily inconvenient.

Could you (tech team) please ensure that this is rectified? Thank you!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I'm not sure if others have noticed this (or even had the same problem), but now (unlike in the past) if there is a notification of a new post on the thread I am reading, when I click on that notification (the poster's name) - nothing happens! It used always to take me to the new post in the thread (or the commencement of the set of new posts).

I still get this, although because of the weird color scheme, the place where I'm supposed to click to go to the new post is hard to see.  Here's the notification:

22.png.78ad45c67d9c326de2062183784ca973.png

When I highlight all the text on the screen, you can see there's more:

33.png.6e69030b1121a38552dc80067b46eac9.png

"Show reply" is what you have to click on (not the poster's name), but you wouldn't know it's there unless you knew it was there.

1 minute ago, attrayant said:

I still get this, although because of the weird color scheme, the place where I'm supposed to click to go to the new post is hard to see.  Here's the notification:

22.png.78ad45c67d9c326de2062183784ca973.png

When I highlight all the text on the screen, you can see there's more:

33.png.6e69030b1121a38552dc80067b46eac9.png

"Show reply" is what you have to click on (not the poster's name), but you wouldn't know it's there unless you knew it was there.

I have the same issue right now, but for me it started about two months before the server migration.

Using Linux Mint Cinnamon, Firefox Quantum v64.0

Isn't Rapid Release wonderful?  What with Chrome updating itself a dozen times or more over the past two years, Windows wanting to become a SaaS and auto-patching every week and nobody wanting to beta test anything any more, it's a wonder we'll be able to debug anything.

43 minutes ago, faraday said:

Can't clear the Editor.

Still got that banner....

I notice that banner too, when changing to another topic or forum it shows up like a flash in the empty bleu space next to the Thaivisa / The Nation logo. That is on my laptop. (chrome) It is just there long enough that I can see what it is supposed to be; A pic of the Bangkok skyline or the one showing in member faraday his posting.

On my smartphone (android)  it also shows up and delays the transition from one page or topic to another. It covers the topside of the page, just like member faraday shows in the posting I am reacting to now. In my case it doesn't stay there like it does on faraday his device, but on my smartphone it takes time to get around to showing it, and disappearing again. It slows the transition between pages/topics/forums down long enough to notice something is going on. Sometimes it is like a long flash, sometimes it is there for a second or two/three.

3 hours ago, faraday said:

Just turned off an Adblock, & the blasted banner has gone.

Glad that solved it for you, I can still see that banner on both my devices flashing over the top of the page when changing to another page/topic/forum. Not all that much of a problem, just strange and on the android it slows the transition to another page down a bit. Oh well, can't have it all I guess.

Is that banner/picture supposed to be there anyway?

4 hours ago, Carib said:

Glad that solved it for you, I can still see that banner on both my devices flashing over the top of the page when changing to another page/topic/forum. Not all that much of a problem, just strange and on the android it slows the transition to another page down a bit. Oh well, can't have it all I guess.

Is that banner/picture supposed to be there anyway?

Don't think it's meant to at the top, fairly used it used to be at de bottom. Anyway, this'll be the first day of me being able to use tvf properly.

Just noticed, quite a draft coming in through the front door. Must be around 15/16 C here in Udon.

Porridge for breakfast.????

My antivirus is blocking this site at an increasing frequency. Especially to threads, I have posted in. 

I continually get this warning. It asks me if the app was blocked in error to let the antivirus know. But how should I know if the site was blocked in error?

What is causing my antivirus to respond this way? No other website causes this warning. I will probably have to turn off my antivirus just to see the reply to my post. Happens in Chrome and Explorer. Win 8.1  

blocked.jpg

9 hours ago, balo said:

Testing  :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

:whistling: 

Interesting... 

So, it's a Windows XP problem. This post was sent from my Windows 10 PC.

And, by the way, my Windows XP PC can no longer connect to Thaivisa at all. My previous post complaining about the missing "whistling" smiley was sent from XP.

So what happened @Tech Doctor

XP is stoneage, and no longer supported by Microsoft, so you will not receive updates when needed. 

I'm on Win 7 myself on one of my laptops, still supported by Microsoft. 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Aaand... it's still missing.

1713462338_MissingSmiley.jpg.706ef7977a2039856b8ee761f89e507f.jpg

I get a completely different set of emojis now. I used to get the ones in the above image.  Why?  I'm using a Windows 10 PC with either IE 11 or Edge.  There is no "whistling" emoji in this set at all.

ThaiVisa emojis.JPG

Since the migration to the new server the links in my daily ThaiVisa Newsletter no longer work properly.  Frequently I will get the "Can't reach this page" notification from Microsoft when I click on a link in the Newsletter.  Also, I've had a few warnings from my anti-virus program (Norton) about threats on the ThaiVisa site since the migration.

Windows 10 PC / IE 11 or Edge browser

1 hour ago, IslandLover said:

Another problem.  The text in the "Following" box appears very dark blue on a black background and is almost impossible to read.

ThaiVisa following.JPG

I had that BEFORE the latest update....

5 minutes ago, VBF said:
1 hour ago, IslandLover said:

Another problem.  The text in the "Following" box appears very dark blue on a black background and is almost impossible to read.

ThaiVisa following.JPG

I had that BEFORE the latest update....

#MeToo

@Tech Doctor

I haven't read this whole thread, but I no longer seem to be able to insert media, just Hyperlinks.

However, other users seem to be able to.

Would you please take a look at this thread 

In post #7,  @CanThai  posted a YouTube video.

In post #17 I attempted to do the same but could only find  way to insert a link.

My toolbar looks like this:

image.png.78960dcf81c8ab5d6019141ffd4bd468.png

I'm sure there was  an icon to insert media before - in fact I know there was because I posted  a YouTube video about a week ago in another thread.

Is this a bug that only affects me (very doubtful) or is there a new setting I haven't found?

Windows 10; Chrome 71

5 hours ago, VBF said:

'm sure there was  an icon to insert media before - in fact I know there was because I posted  a YouTube video about a week ago in another thread.

You don't have to use an icon to insert media anymore , that's the old way to do it. . 

All you do is copy and paste here . Pictures or videos. 

pastehere.png

1 hour ago, balo said:

You don't have to use an icon to insert media anymore , that's the old way to do it. . 

All you do is copy and paste here . Pictures or videos. 

pastehere.png

And when you do that with a YouTube link,  you end up the option........

image.png.d5f4b7fe01ba77fdcd47e969e7622091.png

which is just what's needed.

Thank you @balo????

Not sure why I didn't try that ....... (other than stupidity, I mean:sorry:)

Archived