User Site Issues 2019

Tech Doctor

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an ongoing issue about playing music videos posted on the two music threads ( if you’re listening to.... and 50’s, 60’s, 70’s music).

Random YouTube videos will not play for me on these threads although play perfectly on the actual YouTube app.

The problem is so weird that a video I watched on YouTube then posted on the “ if you’re listening to...” thread would not play for me via Connect app.

Same applies to both Connect and Tapatalk, have had it for about 2 years now.

Applies for my iPhone ( and previous iPhone) and iPad.

I wrote a thread about it, it was moved to Forum Support never to be seen again !!

22 hours ago, bluesofa said:

If you can, I'd suggest a bit of DIY - upload it again yourself. That's what I did to get mine back.

Thank you very much for your help bluesofa :wai:

Win ????

Another topic regarding the site. When I click the x at the top right of the MANY adverts, it says 'Report this Ad', asks why you want to report it, to which I click not interested. It say 'Will try not to show this ad again'. Next day, there it is again. 

Is it something in my settings, or is that the price for being able use a GREAT forum site free of charge.

Just now, wgdanson said:

Another topic regarding the site. When I click the x at the top right of the MANY adverts, it says 'Report this Ad', asks why you want to report it, to which I click not interested. It say 'Will try not to show this ad again'. Next day, there it is again. 

Is it something in my settings, or is that the price for being able use a GREAT forum site free of charge.

Those Ads are run by Google and others, Thaivisa has Ad placement areas that others fill with content.

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Did you find that ad under this:

1971834822_ScreenHunter_1135Jan_2415_43.jpg.36f690cdbc3ba3de1f59e3cbd2ceb255.jpg

The Sponsored Links are by Taboola:

868114159_ScreenHunter_1134Jan_2415_42.jpg.8d65527158100bc0811f2f1ae7e3b20a.jpg

Don't think there is anything Thai Visa can do about them. 

On 1/23/2019 at 9:11 PM, IslandLover said:

I get a completely different set of emojis now. I used to get the ones in the above image.  Why?  I'm using a Windows 10 PC with either IE 11 or Edge.  There is no "whistling" emoji in this set at all.

ThaiVisa emojis.JPG

I think you need to drag the horizontal scroll bar to the right and the vertical scroll bar all the way down to the bottom.

It would be nice if each user could personalise these smilies.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:43 PM, JetsetBkk said:

I think you need to drag the horizontal scroll bar to the right and the vertical scroll bar all the way down to the bottom.

It would be nice if each user could personalise these smilies.

Nope, doesn't help.  I just get the standard set of Windows 10 emojis that I use with other applications, and not the ones which were specific to this forum.  I notice some people still have those.

Also, in composing this reply, I notice the paragraph indent toolbar button has disappeared.  It was there a few days ago.

1 hour ago, IslandLover said:

Also, in composing this reply, I notice the paragraph indent toolbar button has disappeared.  It was there a few days ago.

We talked about that back on page 6.  The button reappeared a few days later, but other missing buttons (left indent, superscript & subscript) didn't.  Now I see the right indent is missing again!  Back to square one.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:59 AM, attrayant said:

We talked about that back on page 6.  The button reappeared a few days later, but other missing buttons (left indent, superscript & subscript) didn't.  Now I see the right indent is missing again!  Back to square one.

The missing toolbar buttons have returned.  We now have the buttons for superscript/subscript, as well as increase/decrease indents. ????

30 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

Perhaps Tech Doctor could answer my question about the emojis.  Why am I getting these (see attached) instead of the ones we used to get on this forum, some of which were animated?  I notice some people are still posting with the old emojis.

ThaiVisa emojis.JPG

Click on "categories"....Then lick "default".....:stoner:

I could be missing something, and I haven't read the 10 pages of comments:

- Password isn't kept on login page, and Isn't auto-filled when inserting poster handle.

- Options to align text are reduced to 3 - right, left, center.

On the bright side, site performance is excellent.

• 1 month later...

Archived