Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 March 2019 22:20
Tech Doctor

User Site Issues 2019

Recommended Posts

I'm not sure if others have noticed this (or even had the same problem), but now (unlike in the past) if there is a notification of a new post on the thread I am reading, when I click on that notification (the poster's name) - nothing happens! It used always to take me to the new post in the thread (or the commencement of the set of new posts). Now I have to go to the Refresh button at the top of the browser and click on that every time and then scroll down to look for the new post(s).  It is such a time-waster and so unnecessarily inconvenient.

 

Could you (tech team) please ensure that this is rectified? Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I'm not sure if others have noticed this (or even had the same problem), but now (unlike in the past) if there is a notification of a new post on the thread I am reading, when I click on that notification (the poster's name) - nothing happens! It used always to take me to the new post in the thread (or the commencement of the set of new posts).

 

I still get this, although because of the weird color scheme, the place where I'm supposed to click to go to the new post is hard to see.  Here's the notification:

 

22.png.78ad45c67d9c326de2062183784ca973.png

 

When I highlight all the text on the screen, you can see there's more:

 

33.png.6e69030b1121a38552dc80067b46eac9.png

 

"Show reply" is what you have to click on (not the poster's name), but you wouldn't know it's there unless you knew it was there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, attrayant said:

 

I still get this, although because of the weird color scheme, the place where I'm supposed to click to go to the new post is hard to see.  Here's the notification:

 

22.png.78ad45c67d9c326de2062183784ca973.png

 

When I highlight all the text on the screen, you can see there's more:

 

33.png.6e69030b1121a38552dc80067b46eac9.png

 

"Show reply" is what you have to click on (not the poster's name), but you wouldn't know it's there unless you knew it was there.

I have the same issue right now, but for me it started about two months before the server migration.

Using Linux Mint Cinnamon, Firefox Quantum v64.0

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't Rapid Release wonderful?  What with Chrome updating itself a dozen times or more over the past two years, Windows wanting to become a SaaS and auto-patching every week and nobody wanting to beta test anything any more, it's a wonder we'll be able to debug anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just posted a comment with a "whistling" smiley, and the smiley did not appear.

 

This one: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Just posted a comment with a "whistling" smiley, and the smiley did not appear.

 

This one: 

Aaand... it's still missing.

 

1713462338_MissingSmiley.jpg.706ef7977a2039856b8ee761f89e507f.jpg

 

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, faraday said:

 

 

Can't clear the Editor.

 

Still got that banner....

 

I notice that banner too, when changing to another topic or forum it shows up like a flash in the empty bleu space next to the Thaivisa / The Nation logo. That is on my laptop. (chrome) It is just there long enough that I can see what it is supposed to be; A pic of the Bangkok skyline or the one showing in member faraday his posting.

 

On my smartphone (android)  it also shows up and delays the transition from one page or topic to another. It covers the topside of the page, just like member faraday shows in the posting I am reacting to now. In my case it doesn't stay there like it does on faraday his device, but on my smartphone it takes time to get around to showing it, and disappearing again. It slows the transition between pages/topics/forums down long enough to notice something is going on. Sometimes it is like a long flash, sometimes it is there for a second or two/three.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just turned off an Adblock, & the blasted banner has gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, faraday said:

Just turned off an Adblock, & the blasted banner has gone.

Glad that solved it for you, I can still see that banner on both my devices flashing over the top of the page when changing to another page/topic/forum. Not all that much of a problem, just strange and on the android it slows the transition to another page down a bit. Oh well, can't have it all I guess.

 

Is that banner/picture supposed to be there anyway?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Carib said:

Glad that solved it for you, I can still see that banner on both my devices flashing over the top of the page when changing to another page/topic/forum. Not all that much of a problem, just strange and on the android it slows the transition to another page down a bit. Oh well, can't have it all I guess.

 

Is that banner/picture supposed to be there anyway?

Don't think it's meant to at the top, fairly used it used to be at de bottom. Anyway, this'll be the first day of me being able to use tvf properly.

 

Just noticed, quite a draft coming in through the front door. Must be around 15/16 C here in Udon.

 

Porridge for breakfast.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Testing  :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My antivirus is blocking this site at an increasing frequency. Especially to threads, I have posted in. 

I continually get this warning. It asks me if the app was blocked in error to let the antivirus know. But how should I know if the site was blocked in error?

What is causing my antivirus to respond this way? No other website causes this warning. I will probably have to turn off my antivirus just to see the reply to my post. Happens in Chrome and Explorer. Win 8.1  

blocked.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:10 AM, bluesofa said:

I too have lost my avatar logo at the moment.

Same here 😎

 

Win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Kan Win said:

Same here 😎

 

Win

If you can, I'd suggest a bit of DIY - upload it again yourself. That's what I did to get mine back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...