U.S. special counsel disputes report Trump told lawyer to lie

rooster59

5 hours ago, Chippy151 said:

Mueller showing some integrity. Good for him.

I am pretty sure Trump tells everyone that works for him to lie on his behalf.

Can Mueller prove it?

That's the question.

I'm pretty sure you don't have a clue about what you are talking about 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Becker said:

If there is anything the last couple of years have clearly shown it is that whenever the man-child calls something "fake" the opposite is usually true.

PS. If there's "no need" why do it?

You Edited the post ^ and added a very good point as a "PS".  Why do it?  Good question even if it was added as a "gotcha", to score a point and get a few gold stars. 

BuzzFeed went beyond the pale with their twitter and other sm nonsense.  That's the problem with the resistance, they are their own worst enemy.  So   Mueller Time just gave Buzz Feed a much needed bitch slap for their teenage locker room banter.  Maybe they'll straighten up.  Maybe not.  We'll see.

6 minutes ago, riclag said:

false info ... that could damage the country

That is a lunatic interpretation of the buzzfeed story.  

Fact #1: The story was referred to Mueller & co 24 hours before publication. The special counsel had no comment, so it went to press.

Fact #2: Buzzfeed is reporting based on well-connected sources.  It's not like they just made up the story.

When news orgs publish things like this, they bounce the story off the FBI or DOJ to make sure they don't have any issues with the report.  Had there been anything "that could damage the country", the DOJ would have warned Buzzfeed not to publish.  In this case, they had no comment.

2 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

He just went on Maddaw to emphatically stand by the story. They could still be wrong, but their confidence level is very high. Chances are the story is accurate in its essential parts.

Based on what precisely, because you want it to be? 

5 hours ago, jcsmith said:

The special counsel disputed parts of the categorizations of the article. It hasn't clarified what though. Buzzfeed still stands by it.

Would that be the same buzzfeed and the muppett Jason leopold that has gotten several things completely wrong with zero verified sources? The same one that threatened to rip a reporter's head off while at the Los Angeles times? That bastion of journalism, that guy? 

Well they simply must be believed if it's what you want.... Aye? 

18 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

But sure, I did enjoy that Mueller Time gave Buzzfeed a little bitch slap.  The reaction and fall out will be fun to watch.

Lots of folks have their entire psychological life tied up with seeing President Trump go down.  If folks cant accept that Buzzfeed has egg on their schnozes, I dread to see what happens if Mueller finds nothing.

4 hours ago, attrayant said:

What backpedaling?  Buzzfeed is sticking by their story.

What choice do they have? They have an agenda and they have no integrity, so nothing to lose and the so called journalists in the media certainly will not be worried about any corrections or responsibility. 

Even progressive media watch dog Fair.org  thinks buzzfeed was creepy 

https://fair.org/home/buzzfeeds-obama-coverage-is-99-percent-uncritical-and-borderline-creepy/

So ofcourse theyd jump on anything to feed their obsession with "Get Trump".

Deep pocket corporate (nbc, comcast) ideological propaganda from the "by any means necessary"  crowd.

1 hour ago, attrayant said:

The Buzzfeed editors sent a summary of the report to the special counsel to notify them what they were getting ready to report.  They asked if Mueller & company had any comment, and there were none.

What more do you suggest they should have done?

Would you be so kind as to show the link that verifies this was sent to the special counsel, with actual evidence please. 

Thank you 

Just now, Nyezhov said:

Lots of folks have their entire psychological life tied up with seeing President Trump go down.  If folks cant accept that Buzzfeed has egg on their schnozes, I dread to see what happens if Mueller finds nothing.

I edited the post but yes, the resistance and MSM have adopted Mueller as their bully boy hero, which he can't be thrilled about.  The mere appearance of being aligned with these kooks, even if only in their deluded minds, isn't good for a guy in Mueller's position. 

So he just gave BuzzFeed a smack because they've gotten way too big for their britches and now they think they are above being admonished, even by Mueller.  Reminds me of the love/hate/love thing Dems had going on with Comey a while back. 

2 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Would you be so kind as to show the link that verifies this was sent to the special counsel, with actual evidence please. 

Thank you 

Makes my heart positively sing with joy when the man-child supporters ask for links to actual facts - I guess there's still hope, although it does make me wonder why they so readily accept the "alternative facts" (being very polite here) sprouted by trump and his ilk.

2 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

I edited the post but yes, the resistance and MSM have adopted Mueller as their bully boy hero, which he can't be thrilled about.  The mere appearance of being aligned with these kooks, even if only in their deluded minds, isn't good for a guy in Mueller's position. 

What??? I thought Mueller was a closet Dem and a deep state agent. You mean that's not true?

36 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Fact #1: The story was referred to Mueller & co 24 hours before publication. The special counsel had no comment, so it went to press.

Could you please give the clear verifiable proof from the special counsel that confirms this "fact". Not buzzfeed's word, but actual evidence from the special counsel. Then it is a fact. 

32 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Could you please give the clear verifiable proof from the special counsel that confirms this "fact". Not buzzfeed's word, but actual evidence from the special counsel. Then it is a fact. 

Alternative or real world?

2 hours ago, atyclb said:

any truth to the rumor maddow resigned from womens amateur tennis after licking all her opponents?

Maddow holds no official position. She can lick (or not) whoever she wants. The President giving Putin a regular ringjob however...

13 minutes ago, Thakkar said:
2 hours ago, atyclb said:

any truth to the rumor maddow resigned from womens amateur tennis after licking all her opponents?

Maddow holds no official position. She can lick (or not) whoever she wants. The President giving Putin a regular ringjob however...

did you mean "rimjob" ??

As I understand it Mr Mueller's office said the report by Buzzfeed News was "not accurate", does not mean all what Buzzfeed News said was not true, just some of what they said, Muller is keeping stum on the dirt he may have on Trump until he has a big hole to bury him in and plenty of dirt to fill it with.

3 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Muller is keeping stum on the dirt he may have on Trump until he has a big hole to bury him in and plenty of dirt to fill it with.

and you have clear evidence, verifiable evidence of this, yes? or just wishful thinking?

2 hours ago, Thakkar said:

Yes, a known liar—hired BY Trump to lie FOR Trump. That is literally is the story here. 

denial of the lies being reported and parroted by the frothing media with a clear agenda

THAT is the story here 

3 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:
7 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Muller is keeping stum on the dirt he may have on Trump until he has a big hole to bury him in and plenty of dirt to fill it with.

and you have clear evidence, verifiable evidence of this, yes? or just wishful thinking?

Just wish the truth will come out sooner than later...

3 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Just wish the truth will come out sooner than later...

so if the truth says nothing about the assumptions and Russian "collusion" you want it to say, will you

be able to handle the disappointment? Many of the Trump bashing TVF crowd will be suicidal...

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

so if the truth says nothing about the assumptions and Russian "collusion" you want it to say, will you

be able to handle the disappointment? Many of the Trump bashing TVF crowd will be suicidal...

I wont be suicidal... or I would have topped my self long ago, if Muller does not find the dirt then I will assume he did not dig hard enough.

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I wont be suicidal... or I would have topped my self long ago, if Muller does not find the dirt then I will assume he did not dig hard enough.

that says it all about the deranged emotional reactions to a duly legally elected President that hurts your feelings. nothing will ever satisfy the 

irrational reactions of the leftist progressives here on TVF

3 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

You know this precisely how? Because it is your opinion? 

We know this because it was established by the courts when a judge entered Michael Cohen's guilty plea into the record on November 29, 2018. By accepting the plea, the judge ruled it to be a legal fact, proven by the evidence presented to him in support of the plea, that Cohen lied on behalf of Donald Trump.

In the words of the actual filing by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York:

In truth and in fact, and as COHEN well knew, COHEN’s representations about the Moscow Project he made to SSCI and HPSCI were false and misleading. COHEN made the false statements to minimize links between the Moscow Project and Individual 1.

Just now, mcambl61 said:

that says it all about the deranged emotional reactions to a duly legally elected President that hurts your feelings. nothing will ever satisfy the 

irrational reactions of the leftist progressives here on TVF

It people like you that makes me proud to be a Liberal...

1 minute ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

We know this because it was established by the courts when a judge entered Michael Cohen's guilty plea into the record on November 29, 2018. By accepting the plea, the judge ruled it to be a legal fact, proven by the evidence presented to him in support of the plea, that Cohen lied on behalf of Donald Trump.

In the words of the actual filing by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York:

hearsay is not fact....it is     well hearsay

5 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

hearsay is not fact....it is     well hearsay

That's not hearsay, those are facts entered into evidence by a United States District Court.

Hearsay is defined as, "the report of another person's words by a witness." A legal finding by a court that Michael Cohen lied and that he did so on behalf of Donald Trump, does not meet this definition.

Archived