UK PM May makes no change to demands in talks with EU leaders - report

rooster59

13 minutes ago, nauseus said:

No its not. We don't want to rejoin the EU. We just want to leave.

No, you want to leave...

How many others want to leave on a "No Deal" on a no trading partners ticket is pure guess work.

But not me for one.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Basil B said:

No, you want to leave...

How many others want to leave on a "No Deal" on a no trading partners ticket is pure guess work.

But not me for one.

Where do I say that I want to leave "on a "No Deal" on a no trading partners ticket". 

23 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Where do I say that I want to leave "on a "No Deal" on a no trading partners ticket". 

That seems the only option available, May has stuck her heals in, Tusk and Barnier have as well as most of the other EU leaders, on Monday she will table plan "B" which will be plan "A" dressed differently.

57 minutes ago, Basil B said:

No, you want to leave...

But not me for one.

"No, you want to leave..."

The country voted to leave.

"How many others want to leave on a "No Deal" on a no trading partners ticket is pure guess work."

"But not me for one."

Brexit is not about you.

40 minutes ago, Basil B said:

That seems the only option available, May has stuck her heals in, Tusk and Barnier have as well as most of the other EU leaders, on Monday she will table plan "B" which will be plan "A" dressed differently.

Bas, you should be in politics.

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Indeed; provided the other 27 agree to an extension.

I think there is little doubt there would be agreement if remain was a potential outcome, it would make the UK involvement in the EU elections a bit more palatable.

An extension just based on further negotiation would be a different matter altogether, something that JC appears to ignore. There would be little incentive to extend for a GE and put the UK in the EU parliament if the outcome was just going to be more arguments on how to leave.

In a hypothetical scenario, JC's version of the Withdrawal Agreement could well be defeated in parliament 12 to 18 months down the road.

10 hours ago, nauseus said:

On and on and on.....................

Well we know who set the precedent.

1983: In their election manifesto, Labour, under leader Michael Foot, pledge to begin negotiations to withdraw from the EU "within the lifetime" of the following Parliament. Labour lose the election

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-15390884

10 hours ago, Basil B said:

The reality is we only have 36 days to sort this mess out.

_105238456_calendar_36_640-nc.png.e0a6e6eed446d65b1b1afa77680082dd.png

Liam Fox who said everybody would be queuing up to trade with us has to date zero takers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46917999

Was not Liam involved in the "Lie on Bus"

4324.jpg.cf9a1b073efa05cd431242886c92b26a.jpg

It's time we dropped parliamentary immunity. Any MP who wilfully lies with malicious intent should be prosecuted and barred for life.

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It's time we dropped parliamentary immunity. Any MP who wilfully lies with malicious intent should be prosecuted and barred for life.

I'm guessing that Parliament would look like this if they got rid of lying MPs.

commons_2846175b.jpg

9 hours ago, vogie said:

"No, you want to leave..."

"How many others want to leave on a "No Deal" on a no trading partners ticket is pure guess work."

"But not me for one."

Brexit is not about you.

It is about everyone who is affected. The problem with leavers is that there are so many varieties of leaving. If you all presented a unified front you might have more support. I'll tell you this, the majority of leavers will not be able to explain rationally why they would not accept staying in SM and CU etc. They just point blank don't know and probably don't care. Seriously.

38 minutes ago, sandyf said:

1983: In their election manifesto, Labour, under leader Michael Foot, pledge to begin negotiations to withdraw from the EU "within the lifetime" of the following Parliament. Labour lose the election

interesting read

what caused Labour to take that stance as far back as 1983?

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

It is about everyone who is affected. The problem with leavers is that there are so many varieties of leaving. If you all presented a unified front you might have more support. I'll tell you this, the majority of leavers will not be able to explain rationally why they would not accept staying in SM and CU etc. They just point blank don't know and probably don't care. Seriously.

As we say in Yorkshire, according to melvin, I think you have got that back to front. There is only one type of leaving, the remainers have come up with multiple choices of leaving which at the end of the day is not leaving.

13 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Your perception of a lie stands up on the wall but it wouldn't stand up in court. Ridiculous.

No more lies than Osborne's economic fear factor forecasts.

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Certainly Corbyn is bust

He won't get an election until 2022 and even then he will lose.

What we need is for parliament to take control and Use May as a facilitator/ cleaner.

Like a scrubber?

On 1/19/2019 at 9:54 AM, Psimbo said:

10 DUP votes and she won by 19. Still not that comforting for her.

She's still doing her best to sabotage what the people (not the establishment) voted for.

The establishment usually wins, sometimes in roundabout ways, what at first may seem a victory by the great unwashed can after a few years turn out to be a defeat. The establishment owns the world of finance, the means of production, the means of public and political influence and can afford the one quality that the proletariat can't, patience. The public has outrage but that can be overcome by showing new programs of 'Love island' or 'East Enders', never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.

47 minutes ago, sandyf said:

That was about Labour's only possible route in to power in 1983. The EEC was still contained to ten states. Maggie was flying and still pro EEC, which at that time was far less politically established and controversial.

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Yet it is a lunacy advocated by many Brexiteers, both on this forum and elsewhere. 

Without getting into a 'Oh-no-they-didn't/Oh-yes-they-did' about this, I agree that would be lunacy. Not asking for links or quotes either, but where does this come from? I haven't noticed that crazy idea anywhere, there cant be many Breixteers thinking this. There may not even be an EU at a later date.

10 hours ago, Basil B said:

The EU won't budge while we are still handcuffed to them.

May's Plan B won't be agreed by parliament, unless it is NOT the same capitulation deal in a new wrapper.

The 27 won't agree to an extension of Article 50 unless they see a major benefit for them, like BRINO. (See above)

Time has run out for our govt to change the bill before 29th March.

So it's No Deal, over and out.

Trading partners are still there and will not go away. It's business who does the trading, not governments. Whatever trading terms are imposed from 30th March, the actual trade of goods and services will 'carry on regardless'. We don't really know what (if any) obstacles or costs will be imposed from that day on, but who exactly will cause a physical problem? Unless the UK and EU have provided new instructions to HMRC, ports, airports etc, a transition period after Brexit, is the best way for all the different aspects of trade and business to make individual deals.   

51 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Certainly Corbyn is bust

He won't get an election until 2022 and even then he will lose.

What we need is for parliament to take control and Use May as a facilitator/ cleaner.

Do you think the Labour party to be stupid enough to put that fool up again, he has already lost them one General Elect and hated by most of the parties MP's?

Suppose I know the answer to that question, one 3 letter word.

57 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Your perception of a lie stands up on the wall but it wouldn't stand up in court. Ridiculous.

No more lies than Osborne's economic fear factor forecasts.

I'm glad you understand the difference between an outright malicious lie and a gloomy forecast that turned out to be somewhat over egged. These is hope yet!

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I'm glad you understand the difference between an outright malicious lie and a gloomy forecast that turned out to be somewhat over egged. These is hope yet!

I'd say the lie, as such, was Osborne's. The red bus slogan word "let's", implies an idea or suggestion, rather than a promise. IMHO it is reasonable to discount all of the propaganda from both sides - they pretty much cancel themselves out anyway.

Archived