Slow running taps!

fpexpert

18 minutes ago, fpexpert said:

I have a problem with the kitchen and basin taps in the two bathrooms running slowly. The showers, bum guns and toilets all work fine though and water pump seems to switch on ok when the tap is turned on. Anyone have any ideas?

did you remove and clean thee tips, at the end of a tap there is a small piece that can be removed (unscrewed) inside that you will find small filter, most of the time plugged with water residual dirty, remove and clean

Possibly scale build up somewhere.  Try checking the filter on the end of the faucet (should screw off by hand - but might need a wrench if corroded).  If the flow is still restricted with that off, you will need to check the hose, stop valve, and faucet separately. 

11 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

Possibly scale build up somewhere.  Try checking the filter on the end of the faucet (should screw off by hand - but might need a wrench if corroded).  If the flow is still restricted with that off, you will need to check the hose, stop valve, and faucet separately. 

+1

I had a similar issue before my reno, they used steel fittings in the walls where the tapware screws in.  It was so full of gunk and corrosion a pea wouldnt fit through there.

Just a word to the wise about electric showers...

They are also vulnerable to the same problem whereby the filter gets blocked by impurities in the water supply.

To resolve this problem, you need to remove the shower casing (after first isolating the electric supply).

The small basket filter is often sitting inside a short "s" bend of copper pipe at the water inlet area. you need to remove the copper pipe completely to access the mesh filter.

A pig of a job, tbh and will test your patience as showers have been designed to accommodate 1000 components into the area of a matchbox!

Archived