CCTV WiFi House Protection

jayceenik

1 hour ago, 007 RED said:

No, it was Thai Baht not US$   And yes all that for 6,400THB (I checked the receipt) Mrs MoneyBaht is a very hard negotiator.

Hi Red, I'm going to buy this week but i'm not that cctv savy so excuse me for my lack of knowledge. You seem pretty happy with your system ... what item number / brand code is it.

I have looked at a few but haven't fully decided as yet.

Thaks.

steven100

18 hours ago, steven100 said:

Hi Red, I'm going to buy this week but i'm not that cctv savy so excuse me for my lack of knowledge. You seem pretty happy with your system ... what item number / brand code is it.

I have looked at a few but haven't fully decided as yet.

Thaks.

steven100

I think that you will find most of the 'low price' systems are based upon the Sony 'bullet' camera and these are made in China and sold under a whole variety of names.

What you need to look for is a kit that contains 1080 HD WiFi cameras for best picture resolution.  Most of the CCTV kits come with either 4 or 6 cameras and you may be able to choose between 1 or 2 TB hard disc drive for recording.

The attached link will take you to the Aliexpress web pages for WiFi CCTV kits.  Most offer free shipping to Thailand which depending upon method may take a few days to a few weeks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/af/cctv-hd.html?SearchText=cctv+hd&origin=n&initiative_id=RS_20190120211858&spm=2114.search0604.1.4.31992729Y4Ff8D&jump=afs

Hope this helps with your search.

15 minutes ago, 007 RED said:

I think that you will find most of the 'low price' systems are based upon the Sony 'bullet' camera and these are made in China and sold under a whole variety of names.

What you need to look for is a kit that contains 1080 HD WiFi cameras for best picture resolution.  Most of the CCTV kits come with either 4 or 6 cameras and you may be able to choose between 1 or 2 TB hard disc drive for recording.

The attached link will take you to the Aliexpress web pages for WiFi CCTV kits.  Most offer free shipping to Thailand which depending upon method may take a few days to a few weeks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/af/cctv-hd.html?SearchText=cctv+hd&origin=n&initiative_id=RS_20190120211858&spm=2114.search0604.1.4.31992729Y4Ff8D&jump=afs

Hope this helps with your search.

Why are you so hesitant to post a link to the "quality product" you purchases at 6400 Baht?

Wait I'll do it for you.

https://www.worldtech.asia/product/worldtech-cctv-set-m-wifi-kit-2-megapixel/

image.png.b3c758f1810c97396054341cc4f5db8b.png

Oh wait, that is a complete different price, doesn't even has a hard drive of any size included, looks like the biggest pile of crap, and surprisingly is not available.

Did you test your figures about recording 21 days with 8 Full HD cameras on a 1Tb drive. A full HD stream needs 1.5Gb for an hour, which means your 8 cameras would need 6Tb for 21 days.

https://www.seagate.com/as/en/tech-insights/how-much-video-surveillance-storage-is-enough-master-ti/

image.png.6d353d533b6c0bf9708f01da6623d8b6.png

Tell us, did you buy it longer than 1 week ago, or did you even buy it at all?

21 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Why are you so hesitant to post a link to the "quality product" you purchases at 6400 Baht?

Wait I'll do it for you.

https://www.worldtech.asia/product/worldtech-cctv-set-m-wifi-kit-2-megapixel/

Oh wait, that is a complete different price, doesn't even has a hard drive of any size included, looks like the biggest pile of crap, and surprisingly is not available.

Did you test your figures about recording 21 days with 8 Full HD cameras on a 1Tb drive. A full HD stream needs 1.5Gb for an hour, which means your 8 cameras would need 6Tb for 21 days.

https://www.seagate.com/as/en/tech-insights/how-much-video-surveillance-storage-is-enough-master-ti/

Tell us, did you buy it longer than 1 week ago, or did you even buy it at all?

Thanks for your post yesterday.  I’m not sure why the vitriolic attack was necessary.  Maybe you got out of bed on the wrong side, or perhaps had a bad hair day, or is it that time of the month for you?

If you think for one moment I’m going to justify the observations that I made in my posts regarding the CCTV system that I purchased and installed (as shown below), think again, but don’t loose any sleep on my behalf.

I hope that you have a better day today.

CCTV-Cameras-IV.jpg

• 1 month later...

I use Arlo pro for our front  of the house. It's wifi and wireless, so you can basically put it anywhere. What we liked most about it is that it works well even at night, its night vision is great. It also has the 2way communication, so you get to speak to whoever the camera facing, you can do it through your phone. You might want to check is as I'm not an expert on this one, haha. I just feel it's too expensive. It's good as a wifi cam but I cannot recommend it if you're in a tight budget. But if you want to splurge though, I think it's worth checking.

My wife insisted on installing CCTV after we were burgled, but IMO it was a waste of money better spent on physical security measures.

Any burglar is going to cover their face, so what use is it if you are not there?

I also put up high fence and loads of barbed wire. Wouldn't have stopped someone determined to break in, but it sure put off any that wanted to do it on impulse.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:22 PM, 007 RED said:

Thanks for your post yesterday.  I’m not sure why the vitriolic attack was necessary.  Maybe you got out of bed on the wrong side, or perhaps had a bad hair day, or is it that time of the month for you?

If you think for one moment I’m going to justify the observations that I made in my posts regarding the CCTV system that I purchased and installed (as shown below), think again, but don’t loose any sleep on my behalf.

I hope that you have a better day today.

CCTV-Cameras-IV.jpg

I'm not out to be vitriolic at all, but if the burglars can see the cameras stuck out in the open like that, do you think they are not going to cover their faces? Those won't put anyone off.

I hid mine in baskets of fake flowers, but one has to be careful as they can interfere with the picture.

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

So you completely eliminated the deterrent factor?

LOL, there is no deterrent factor with cameras if one can put a cloth over one's face and make them useless.

If one thinks they are a deterrent, just buy the cameras and don't bother with the hard drive or even wiring them up. Do scarecrows actually scare birds? Do cameras actually stop burglars?

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do scarecrows actually scare birds?

Yes they do until the birds get used to them. 

I would just rather look to deterrents, alarms inside are too late and if a camera is not a deterrent what is the point? But of course that is not true, dummy alarm bells and cameras are used to deter criminals, and the idea of covering one's face as completely preventing recognition and removing all the deterrent factor is simply not correct. One important aspect is to keep recordings for sufficient time, as usually the thief has been there before.

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Yes they do until the birds get used to them. 

I would just rather look to deterrents, alarms inside are too late and if a camera is not a deterrent what is the point? But of course that is not true, dummy alarm bells and cameras are used to deter criminals, and the idea of covering one's face as completely preventing recognition and removing all the deterrent factor is simply not correct. One important aspect is to keep recordings for sufficient time, as usually the thief has been there before.

As you wish. I prefer hard deterrents like window bars and high spiked fences.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

As you wish. I prefer hard deterrents like window bars and high spiked fences.

Ugly but functional. Good windows may be added to your list, double glazed reinforced glass that closes securely, which I have put in. I also favour PIR security lights.

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

like a prison  ... 

Well Steven i am happy to live in what looks like a prison.

We have security lights, pir sensor lights, cameras, barking dog, window bars, spikes on the gate, 3 meter high fence.

With all what has happened in the past 2 years here, all these security measures allow us to sleep at night.

Archived