retirement visa documents required proof of money

Retirement visa documents required ? I am 61 years old ,not on a pension . But do have income from rental income of more the B800,000

I have just managed to do my last  retirement visa  on the old system ..where i had to get a letter from the embassy ,  showing I had enough income going into my UK bank account .. As they have now stopped issuing this letter . from 1st Jan 2019  (was valid for 3 month use) 

I believe now ,The only way for me >>>> is to have a Thai bank account showing that i have more then 800,000 .for more then 3 month prior to the application . 

So do i just copy of Thai bank book? 

would i need to get a letter from the Thai bank stating i have this money in my account ? 

or can i just print my Thai bank statements from my laptop for the last 3 months up the the date of the extension of stay .? 

img001.jpg

Edited by docspinoff

For an Extension of 1 year of permission of stay based on retirement.

(Not actually a visa but often gets called that)

There is still an option to show income. IE Bank statement from a Thai bank showing monthly transfers from oversea of 65,000 baht. The bank needs to issue a letter confirming the account.

As to the alternative of 800k in a Thai Bank. On the date you apply you need a recent (up to 1 week)  letter from the bank confirming the account. (They are used to doing these). Also update the passbook and make copies to cover the previous 3 months confirming the account never fell below the 800k for that time. Along with the usual signed copies of passport and proof of where you live, form, photo and 1900 baht. 

Anyhow, sounds like you are okay for a year but can get started on the income, or be prepared to get the 800k deposited in time.

See this other thread, a few hours reading in there!

Edited by jacko45k

The validity of Embassy income statements use is six months - not 3.  As said for those without 65k per month into a Thai bank account can be used (should be 12 months but believe allowance  may be made if short this year).

Edit:  Per last post - not 3 months but all year.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, docspinoff said:

so  Jakco you are saying all I have to do is transfer B65,000 a month , from my UK bank account to my Thia bank account  at least 3 month before the aplication??? sounds good ? 

No, definitely not. The income should show 12 months of transfers, although since this is a new option this month, fewer can be accepted in the first year. Ie You apply April, you might get away with 4 transfers, 5 for May etc.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, docspinoff said:

so  Jakco you are saying all I have to do is transfer B65,000 a month , from my UK bank account to my Thia bank account  at least 3 month before the aplication??? sounds good ? 

No. You need to show a transfer for every month before applying. 12 transfers of at least 65K.

• Thanks 1

as i used to get letter from embassy and they only needed to show an INCOME of B65,000 as they wern't concerned how much i had to pay out >> this worked fine ,,, 

But now it sounds like i could transfer 800,000 in one go and live of of that for 9 months and then top it up 3 months before my extension is due ..?????

as if i transfer 65,000 monthly i would have to pay a 12 lots lot of bank charges >>>>

would this be ok ???