BANGKOK
eyecatcher

Another new hazard on the road

IMG_20190119_115226.thumb.jpg.f6fe4f2ae2a86229d31d1b11c69e3de9.jpg

If you have not seen them you will.

Similar to the bikes they work via an app.

At  midnight last night these two came infront of me a t junction ridden by "mee too phat" and "hee phat khow"

Both drunk and were snaking until one of them fell off...it was actually hilarious watching her trying to straighten the thing back up

But seriously what a potential danger to everyone.

I had one as a kid, but to let adults on the road, steering with a small crossbar on a footplate only as wide as my foot, i can only imagine they need more skill to handle than a bike.

After the fall, they both abandoned these scooters on the footpath. 

As if we dont have enough to contend with on the roads.

Edited by eyecatcher
  • Like 2

The ride over?  Toss the scooter/bike aside, preferably right across the walkway. Who gives a crap?

I often wish i could see the big green rubbish dumpsters, as found in USA, nearby every Thai 7/11.  I'd toss the scooters right in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

Motorized?

oh yes, electric or rechargeable battery. it has a headlight about a foot from the floor as big as a pocket torch!

• Thanks 1

I have seen these around Tapae Gate. Only seen them mobile late at night when I guess there is little traffic, so they think its fun to whizz around the sois!

6 minutes ago, cmsally said:

I have seen these around Tapae Gate. Only seen them mobile late at night when I guess there is little traffic, so they think its fun to whizz around the sois!

Until it isn't......

• Like 1

Both these and their big cousins (Moby Dicks or whatever they are) are a pain in the **se when they are dumped at the most inconvenient locations.  We should be allowed to treat them as litter and throw them in the nearest bin/skip etc.  I nearly said Klong/Moat but let us be reasonable.

PS;  Any Steamrollers around?

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cmsally said:

so they think its fun to whizz around the sois!

and your legs/feet on the so called pavements/sidewalks and hurl abuse at you for being in THEIR way!!

I carry a back pack and have become very adroit on at least two occasions at swinging in the wrong (sic) direction at just the right time to cause a little mischief, I nearly said "some grief"!

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

I am NOT trying to put a spin on this or crash into your post but could that pic be from the "Dukes of (some) Hazard" yesterday?

Great !

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

The ride over?  Toss the scooter/bike aside, preferably right across the walkway. Who gives a crap?

Why wait for their ride to be over?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Be warned tho, not 5 minutes after Tum Ting Wong was patched up following an emergency dash to the 7/11, a young couple came by and attempted to take them for a spin.

They are alarmed!...sirens went off, what a racket....for only 10seconds, battery obviously flat.

There is a sing on the steps that you can only use them on the side walks or bicycle lanes.

What side walk and bicycle lanes ?

They should be forbidden.

• Like 1

They are like locusts all over the Old City during the day. I must see at least 10-20 different riders each day between Wat Phra Sing and Thapae Gate.