Jump to content
BANGKOK 16 February 2019 22:36
eyecatcher

Another new hazard on the road

Recommended Posts

Quote: "Neuron Mobility is a technology pioneer in the personal mobility space and owns and operates the largest shared electric scooter fleet in Singapore. Neuron’s shared electric scooter services combine real-time telematics to address personal mobility in daily urban commute, goods delivery and tourist segments"

By the looks of it Thailand may see many more of these machines. There are enough problems on Thai roads and they do not need more!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw one in the US for the 1st time 2 days ago in a bank's parking lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 6:33 PM, scottiejohn said:

I am NOT trying to put a spin on this or crash into your post but could that pic be from the "Dukes of (some) Hazard" yesterday?

I think you are being very unfair! My prince is a Prince of the Realm, a senior Naval Officer, and a Gentleman. If he chooses to drive along on his roof, surely that is his right, and those of less grandeur should stay out of his way ( or off with their heads, say I!! ).

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Saw one in the US for the 1st time 2 days ago in a bank's parking lot.

Well I suppose no -one will ever suspect a scooter as a getaway vehicle following the bank raid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sailor42 said:

I think you are being very unfair! My prince is a Prince of the Realm, a senior Naval Officer, and a Gentleman. If he chooses to drive along on his roof, surely that is his right, and those of less grandeur should stay out of his way ( or off with their heads, say I!! ).

we cant argue with the evidence

FB_IMG_1548064555716.jpg.a2a33c64f8ee1cd69d36b3c0a21b345d.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sailor42 said:

I think you are being very unfair! My prince is a Prince of the Realm, a senior Naval Officer, and a Gentleman. If he chooses to drive along on his roof, surely that is his right, and those of less grandeur should stay out of his way ( or off with their heads, say I!! ).

Sorry but as we are obviously both ex Matelots we know he thought "full speed ahead and ram the slant eyed b**tards" and to hell with the consequences!

Batten down the hatches.  I am not being unfair to "his nibness", I am just defending "the old skipper"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Neuron Mobility

Does the average Thai or visitor driver have such a thing?

I don't think many drivers here have any Neurons!

Edited by scottiejohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Does the average Thai or visitor driver have such a thing?

I don't think many drivers here have any Neurons!

No, not at the moment but they could become popular (I hope not). Imagine a fleet of them carrying Chinese tourists to an "each as much as you can buffet" - chaos!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Sorry but as we are obviously both ex Matelots we know he thought "full speed ahead and ram the slant eyed b**tards" and to hell with the consequences!

Batten down the hatches.  I am not being unfair to "his nibness", I am just defending "the old skipper"!

Bravo Zulu!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the last three times I've been in Muang Chiang Mai I've seen idiots on these things.  It seems the foreigners who get on these electric scooters seem to have the mindset that they are 'vehicles' and therefore due all the rights and privileges as car - therefore driving down the middle of lane of the road without a care is the norm.  "I have a vehicle! I have Rights!"  Ok.  Works in LA, New York City, and Seattle, but eventually gets you killed in Chiang Mai or any other Thai city.   Really, as a kid I had a foot power one.  You rode on the sidewalk or along the curb.  No mirrors  on the handles; no brain riding it. - what could go wrong?  :dry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, connda said:

Yeah, the last three times I've been in Muang Chiang Mai I've seen idiots on these things.  It seems the foreigners who get on these electric scooters seem to have the mindset that they are 'vehicles' and therefore due all the rights and privileges as car - therefore driving down the middle of lane of the road without a care is the norm.  "I have a vehicle! I have Rights!"  Ok.  Works in LA, New York City, and Seattle, but eventually gets you killed in Chiang Mai or any other Thai city.   Really, as a kid I had a foot power one.  You rode on the sidewalk or along the curb.  No mirrors  on the handles; no brain riding it. - what could go wrong?  :dry:

I've coined an apt name for them: Suicide Cycles.  Just a matter of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...