GONE TO GROUND Fugitive speedboat killer Jack Shepherd ‘is hiding from justice in remote village in Thailand’

rooster59

GONE TO GROUND Fugitive speedboat killer Jack Shepherd ‘is hiding from justice in remote village in Thailand’

By Aletha Adu

brit.JPG

SPEEDBOAT killer Jack Shepherd may be hiding in a remote Thailand village to escape justice, it has been suggested.

After Shepherd, 31, skipped an Old Bailey manslaughter trial for the death of Charlotte Brown, 24, last year it was thought that he fled abroad.

Web designer Jack Shepherd who is due to be sentenced after he was found guilty of killing his date, Charlotte Brown

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8230839/jack-shepherd-speedboat-killer-thailand/

THE Sun: 2019-01-19

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have sympathy for this guy .

The deceased female was driving the boat and she was the one who went full throttle and hit a submerged log which caused the speed boat to crash and killing her .

O.K, it was his boat and he allowed her to speed , but she should be held responsible for her own actions  , rather than him getting jailed for manslaughter 

Have you read a the full weight of evidence against him?

Not only were the pair of them drunk, the boat was being recklessly driven at high speed. He ignored a whole raft of safety procedures and had been previously warned on more than one occasion by the police about this.

The thrill ride in his unriverworthy speedboat was his routine to get laid.

He was convicted of manslaughter (gross negligence) and not murder (intent to kill or seriously injure) and got 6 years (i.e. out in 3 years) but absconded prior to sentencing. All this having received over £100,000 in legal aid.

I fail to see how he deserves any sympathy.

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do have sympathy for this guy .

The deceased female was driving the boat and she was the one who went full throttle and hit a submerged log which caused the speed boat to crash and killing her .

O.K, it was his boat and he allowed her to speed , but she should be held responsible for her own actions  , rather than him getting jailed for manslaughter 

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Have you read a the full weight of evidence against him?

Not only were the pair of them drunk, the boat was being recklessly driven at high speed. He ignored a whole raft of safety procedures and had been previously warned on more than one occasion by the police about this.

The thrill ride in his unriverworthy speedboat was his routine to get laid.

He was convicted of manslaughter (gross negligence) and not murder (intent to kill or seriously injure) and got 6 years (i.e. out in 3 years) but absconded prior to sentencing. All this having received over £100,000 in legal aid.

I fail to see how he deserves any sympathy.

I dont believe that she had been drinking and she was the one who was willingly driving the boat at full speed .

Maybe he did use his speedboat to impress woman , and I do feel her family were upset by that .

But it was two people frolicking around on the river and she decided to drive recklessly and crashed his boat  .

Had he been driving the boat , I could understand the charges , but as she was driving the boat , I do feel that a manslaughter charge is rather harsh

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I dont believe that she had been drinking and she was the one who was willingly driving the boat at full speed .

Maybe he did use his speedboat to impress woman , and I do feel her family were upset by that .

But it was two people frolicking around on the river and she decided to drive recklessly and crashed his boat  .

Had he been driving the boat , I could understand the charges , but as she was driving the boat , I do feel that a manslaughter charge is rather harsh

Is it a proven fact that she was driving, or is it just his word ?

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It's not harsh. He is effectively the skipper and responsibility is on him. If the back story is correct then he took risks knowing there would be consequences and his pulling technique has landed him in some serious sheeet.

If it's serious and believed to be in Thailand I don't understand why they don't get more info on fugitives. Height and weight etc. Same issue with that Yank pedo who Darren from South Africa helped catch.

10k is up for grabs anyway but seriously if you do get eyes on him your better of doing a deal with the sun for 25k and letting them report the capture. 

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I dont believe...

Oh, then it's alright then.

Let's say I am too drunk to drive but I allow my less drunk, unlicensed mate to drive us instead and then we have a wreck and my less drunk mate gets killed.

Does my dead, not-so-drunk mate get blamed for killing himself while I get to sit and punch holes in ridiculous what-ifs on an otherwise obscure internet forum in Thailand?

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

But buoyancy aids were not used. It's reckless.

Yes, but she drove the boat without putting a life jacket on .

It was her own choice to get in the boat , her choice not to put a life jacket on and her choice to go full throttle , his only mistake was not stopping her .

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Oh, then it's alright then.

Let's say I am too drunk to drive but I allow my less drunk, unlicensed mate to drive us instead and then we have a wreck and my less drunk mate gets killed.

Does my dead, not-so-drunk mate get blamed for killing himself while I get to sit and punch holes in ridiculous what-ifs on an otherwise obscure internet forum in Thailand?

If your less drunk unlicensed mate decided to drive whilst drunk , he should be held responsible for his actions IMO

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

It was her own choice to get in the boat , her choice not to put a life jacket on and her choice to go full throttle , his only mistake was not stopping her .

In theory, i would agree with you, as he could have died too in the accident, but apparently the law puts all the responsibility on the skipper (and owner, i guess) of the boat.

7 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

In theory, i would agree with you, as he could have died too in the accident, but apparently the law puts all the responsibility on the skipper (and owner, i guess) of the boat.

Its rather grand to call the owner of a two person speedboat a skipper/Captain , technically I suppose the term is correct , but "skipper" brings to mind a Captain of a large boat with a crew aboard , thus giving the term to a person with more responsibility , rather than an owner of a small speedboat

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its rather grand to call the owner of a two person speedboat a skipper/Captain , technically I suppose the term is correct , but "skipper" brings to mind a Captain of a large boat with a crew aboard , thus giving the term to a person with more responsibility , rather than an owner of a small speedboat

A small speedboat, but fast enough to kill.. Definitely one should be responsible and sober while driving one of those..

Just now, mauGR1 said:

A small speedboat, but fast enough to kill.. Definitely one should be responsible and sober while driving one of those..

Yes, so you feel that the Woman was at fault for irresponsibly driving the boat whilst under the influence of alcohol ? 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Yes, so you feel that the Woman was at fault for irresponsibly driving the boat whilst under the influence of alcohol ? 

Absolutely, that's why i agree with you, that they should be held equally responsible, being both adults, consenting drinking buddies..

Still, apparently, the law sees it differently.

Just hear say about him being in thailand anyway. Read a few reports and the police don't seem bothered. Apparently his bank account has not even been looked at. The reports in the news suggest she had not drank anything. I think they are incorrect. Truth is this man could evade capture easily with the skills he has and he already shows he is comfortable with off grid living as he lived on a houseboat. 

39 minutes ago, sanemax said:

He failed to provide one.

39 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It was her own choice to get in the boat ,

An informed decision? "Oh you'll be fine, trust me."

40 minutes ago, sanemax said:

her choice not to put a life jacket on

There wasn't one or he didn't show her where they were. Did she know the dangers involved? He did. He had been warned by the police.

40 minutes ago, sanemax said:

her choice to go full throttle

She had never driven a boat before. I don't call that a choice.

41 minutes ago, sanemax said:

his only mistake was not stopping her

I am sure she didn't push him away from the controls and grab them. He must have told her to take over. His goal was to get laid.

Remember manslaughter is gross negligence not intent to kill. Sounds like gross negligence to me especially when you bear in mind the police had warned him about this very behaviour on more than one occasion. I don't know about you but when the British police (I'm British) stop me and warn me about my behaviour, I listen to them and adjust my behaviour accordingly.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

You obviously have not read the evidence against him, he was driving the boat. There was mobile footage filmed during the date. The girl could be heard shouting that they were going "so fast" as he drove at more than double the 12-knot speed limit.

4 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

You obviously have not read the evidence against him, he was driving the boat. There was mobile footage filmed during the date. The girl could be heard shouting that they were going "so fast" as he drove at more than double the 12-knot speed limit.

No, you havent read any of the reports , after that , she took over driving and it was then that they crashed , when she was driving full throttle (I have already provided links to prove this )

15 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Absolutely, that's why i agree with you, that they should be held equally responsible, being both adults, consenting drinking buddies..

Still, apparently, the law sees it differently.

I wonder what would have happened if they had jointly hired the boat ?

I cannot envisage them bring a prosecution in those circumstances .

So, his problem is that it was his boat .

Many people seem disgusted that he used his boat to impress the ladies  and seem quite appalled that a male wanted to have sex with a female  .

All the reports say "He wanted to have sex with her" in an accusational way 

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, you havent read any of the reports , after that , she took over driving and it was then that they crashed , when she was driving full throttle (I have already provided links to prove this )

You provided a link to the Mirror trash paper??? Well, that goes a long way to explain your ridiculous posts here doing nothing but victim blaming. This so-called man did not even have the b***s to show up in court for the trial and subsequently went on the run after being found guilty, yet you continue to defend his actions by blaming the dead. Your comments should be removed by the moderators as they should be classed under troll.

3 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

You provided a link to the Mirror trash paper??? Well, that goes a long way to explain your ridiculous posts here doing nothing but victim blaming. This so-called man did not even have the b***s to show up in court for the trial and subsequently went on the run after being found guilty, yet you continue to defend his actions by blaming the dead. Your comments should be removed by the moderators as they should be classed under troll.

Have a BBC link then, which states "

"In mobile phone footage filmed during the date, Ms Brown could be heard shouting that they were going "so fast" as Shepherd drove at more than double the 12 knot speed limit.

On the return journey, Shepherd handed over the controls to Ms Brown who followed suit and went "full throttle".

The speeding boat hit a submerged log and tipped over, sending both of them into the Thames"

And in future , do your own research before calling people trolls 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-44924244 

Archived