GONE TO GROUND Fugitive speedboat killer Jack Shepherd ‘is hiding from justice in remote village in Thailand’

rooster59

GONE TO GROUND Fugitive speedboat killer Jack Shepherd ‘is hiding from justice in remote village in Thailand’

By Aletha Adu

brit.JPG

SPEEDBOAT killer Jack Shepherd may be hiding in a remote Thailand village to escape justice, it has been suggested.

After Shepherd, 31, skipped an Old Bailey manslaughter trial for the death of Charlotte Brown, 24, last year it was thought that he fled abroad.

Web designer Jack Shepherd who is due to be sentenced after he was found guilty of killing his date, Charlotte Brown

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8230839/jack-shepherd-speedboat-killer-thailand/

THE Sun: 2019-01-19

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have sympathy for this guy .

The deceased female was driving the boat and she was the one who went full throttle and hit a submerged log which caused the speed boat to crash and killing her .

O.K, it was his boat and he allowed her to speed , but she should be held responsible for her own actions  , rather than him getting jailed for manslaughter 

Have you read a the full weight of evidence against him?

Not only were the pair of them drunk, the boat was being recklessly driven at high speed. He ignored a whole raft of safety procedures and had been previously warned on more than one occasion by the police about this.

The thrill ride in his unriverworthy speedboat was his routine to get laid.

He was convicted of manslaughter (gross negligence) and not murder (intent to kill or seriously injure) and got 6 years (i.e. out in 3 years) but absconded prior to sentencing. All this having received over £100,000 in legal aid.

I fail to see how he deserves any sympathy.

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do have sympathy for this guy .

The deceased female was driving the boat and she was the one who went full throttle and hit a submerged log which caused the speed boat to crash and killing her .

O.K, it was his boat and he allowed her to speed , but she should be held responsible for her own actions  , rather than him getting jailed for manslaughter 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Hopefully the extra cash will expose where the little weasel is hiding so her family can get some kind of closure. 

Why do you think that he was at fault and deserved to be punished ?

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Why do you think that he was at fault and deserved to be punished ?

You obviously haven’t read the background to the story or the post above else wouldnt be asking such a ridiculous question. 

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Have you read a the full weight of evidence against him?

Not only were the pair of them drunk, the boat was being recklessly driven at high speed. He ignored a whole raft of safety procedures and had been previously warned on more than one occasion by the police about this.

The thrill ride in his unriverworthy speedboat was his routine to get laid.

He was convicted of manslaughter (gross negligence) and not murder (intent to kill or seriously injure) and got 6 years (i.e. out in 3 years) but absconded prior to sentencing. All this having received over £100,000 in legal aid.

I fail to see how he deserves any sympathy.

I dont believe that she had been drinking and she was the one who was willingly driving the boat at full speed .

Maybe he did use his speedboat to impress woman , and I do feel her family were upset by that .

But it was two people frolicking around on the river and she decided to drive recklessly and crashed his boat  .

Had he been driving the boat , I could understand the charges , but as she was driving the boat , I do feel that a manslaughter charge is rather harsh

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I dont believe that she had been drinking and she was the one who was willingly driving the boat at full speed .

Maybe he did use his speedboat to impress woman , and I do feel her family were upset by that .

But it was two people frolicking around on the river and she decided to drive recklessly and crashed his boat  .

Had he been driving the boat , I could understand the charges , but as she was driving the boat , I do feel that a manslaughter charge is rather harsh

Is it a proven fact that she was driving, or is it just his word ?

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It's not harsh. He is effectively the skipper and responsibility is on him. If the back story is correct then he took risks knowing there would be consequences and his pulling technique has landed him in some serious sheeet.

If it's serious and believed to be in Thailand I don't understand why they don't get more info on fugitives. Height and weight etc. Same issue with that Yank pedo who Darren from South Africa helped catch.

10k is up for grabs anyway but seriously if you do get eyes on him your better of doing a deal with the sun for 25k and letting them report the capture. 

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I dont believe...

Oh, then it's alright then.

Let's say I am too drunk to drive but I allow my less drunk, unlicensed mate to drive us instead and then we have a wreck and my less drunk mate gets killed.

Does my dead, not-so-drunk mate get blamed for killing himself while I get to sit and punch holes in ridiculous what-ifs on an otherwise obscure internet forum in Thailand?

Archived