Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

GONE TO GROUND Fugitive speedboat killer Jack Shepherd ‘is hiding from justice in remote village in Thailand’

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Are they sure that's the correct photo - I can see some other Jack Shepherds

 

image.png.cc85e6f310cf51d87fd75476985705f9.png   image.png.b0218ac08f218da501efb9d185736752.png

Yes it's the correct JS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

But buoyancy aids were not used. It's reckless.

Yes, but she drove the boat without putting a life jacket on .

It was her own choice to get in the boat , her choice not to put a life jacket on and her choice to go full throttle , his only mistake was not stopping her .

  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Oh, then it's alright then.

 

Let's say I am too drunk to drive but I allow my less drunk, unlicensed mate to drive us instead and then we have a wreck and my less drunk mate gets killed.

 

Does my dead, not-so-drunk mate get blamed for killing himself while I get to sit and punch holes in ridiculous what-ifs on an otherwise obscure internet forum in Thailand?

If your less drunk unlicensed mate decided to drive whilst drunk , he should be held responsible for his actions IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Yes, but she drove the boat without putting a life jacket on .

It was her own choice to get in the boat , her choice not to put a life jacket on and her choice to go full throttle , his only mistake was not stopping her .

In theory, i would agree with you, as he could have died too in the accident, but apparently the law puts all the responsibility on the skipper (and owner, i guess) of the boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

In theory, i would agree with you, as he could have died too in the accident, but apparently the law puts all the responsibility on the skipper (and owner, i guess) of the boat.

Its rather grand to call the owner of a two person speedboat a skipper/Captain , technically I suppose the term is correct , but "skipper" brings to mind a Captain of a large boat with a crew aboard , thus giving the term to a person with more responsibility , rather than an owner of a small speedboat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its rather grand to call the owner of a two person speedboat a skipper/Captain , technically I suppose the term is correct , but "skipper" brings to mind a Captain of a large boat with a crew aboard , thus giving the term to a person with more responsibility , rather than an owner of a small speedboat

A small speedboat, but fast enough to kill.. Definitely one should be responsible and sober while driving one of those..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mauGR1 said:

A small speedboat, but fast enough to kill.. Definitely one should be responsible and sober while driving one of those..

Yes, so you feel that the Woman was at fault for irresponsibly driving the boat whilst under the influence of alcohol ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Yes, so you feel that the Woman was at fault for irresponsibly driving the boat whilst under the influence of alcohol ? 

Absolutely, that's why i agree with you, that they should be held equally responsible, being both adults, consenting drinking buddies..

Still, apparently, the law sees it differently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just hear say about him being in thailand anyway. Read a few reports and the police don't seem bothered. Apparently his bank account has not even been looked at. The reports in the news suggest she had not drank anything. I think they are incorrect. Truth is this man could evade capture easily with the skills he has and he already shows he is comfortable with off grid living as he lived on a houseboat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

You obviously have not read the evidence against him, he was driving the boat. There was mobile footage filmed during the date. The girl could be heard shouting that they were going "so fast" as he drove at more than double the 12-knot speed limit.

No, you havent read any of the reports , after that , she took over driving and it was then that they crashed , when she was driving full throttle (I have already provided links to prove this )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Absolutely, that's why i agree with you, that they should be held equally responsible, being both adults, consenting drinking buddies..

Still, apparently, the law sees it differently.

I wonder what would have happened if they had jointly hired the boat ?

I cannot envisage them bring a prosecution in those circumstances .

So, his problem is that it was his boat .

Many people seem disgusted that he used his boat to impress the ladies  and seem quite appalled that a male wanted to have sex with a female  .

   All the reports say "He wanted to have sex with her" in an accusational way 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...