Fridge has R134a leak, price for fix?

cheeryble

Hi it’s a bog standard fridge the height of my chest.....push button defrost, the type that cost under 7000

The compressor is running, there are no coils or fins visible down there I guess they’re in the cowling, and it says on e back the sides can get warm.

I can’t feel or hear any fan at the top end.

I hear a hint of liquid gurgling, just a hint.

In the icebox there’s some broken plastic at the front and on the metal casing there’s paint missing the size of 25 satang and looks rusty. I think someone’s tried to lever ice out thebox and maybe made a leak or corrosion which has become a leak.

The wife took it out of a condo she rents out and replaced it with an auto defroster.

Anyway.....

Around the little rusty area and in e tray underneath there,s a little light clear oily feeling stuff.

I suspect this is refrigerant.

She went to a local guy who asked for 1200 to fix.

So if it was fixed there'd be a bit of cracking etc inside, but the outside looks like new, it’s maybe 4 years old. It could be a good fridge for the outside kitchen to be.

Is it a fair price? Sounds dear, if so what should I pay for call out repair assuming it needs an epoxy leak fix and refrigerant refill?

Would a refrigerant leak stop the top fan working via perhaps a cut out?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Siam tv today, I was looking at the latest hideous colours there are for fridges.....but bog standard fridge freezers 1.5 high cost 4700bt. top brands circa 5.5- 6k

if you feel you have had your moneys worth out of an appliance, I would at best give it a once only 1000bt repair if itll last 2 more years then; buy new one.

I got mine fixed for 750 Baht ... but the place where the fault is was obvious as I accidentally poked it with a knife when I wanted to remove some ice. Works like a charm now. Cools even better than before ... but well, it is colder outside, perhaps it is not related to the fix.

Archived