Female taxi driver

Captor

Hi

My girlfriend feels uncomfortable when going with male taxi drivers if I am not present. I have seen some few female taxi drivers around in Bangkok and now I wonder if there is a taxi company with female drivers to call?

Or does anyone know a female driver to call? For transports within Bangkok.

A telephone number of website would be appreciated.

We have already found the female taxi company in Pattaya and we will call them to check if they know someone in Bangkok as well.

Thanks

Captor

8 hours ago, NicFrenchy said:

I think ALL THAI TAXI company has a lot of female drivers. All honda prius cars 

Hi and thanks. Do you happen to have a phone number? Have looked on internet but not been able to find.

Catch them in the street will take very long time if only want to go with female drivers.

On 1/22/2019 at 8:40 PM, Captor said:

Hi and thanks. Do you happen to have a phone number? Have looked on internet but not been able to find.

Catch them in the street will take very long time if only want to go with female drivers.

Have you tried Googling "All Thai Taxi"? Pretty easy thing to do and it clearly shows it both on the right side of Google Search and as the 1st result with their website and description showing their phone number: https://www.google.com/search?q=ALL+THAI+TAXI&oq=ALL+THAI+TAXI&ie=UTF-8

No, I have only tried with "female" "taxi" "driver" "women" "lady" and so on. I was not aware that all taxi companies have female drivers. I have talked to Thai people in BKK and asked for taxi companies that we can call. They seems not to be aware of that there are taxi companies at all! Because everyone said there are no companies or taxi central to call. I guess no one do that. They just go to the street and grab some. In Bangkok. We have tried to find female drivers in the street but only seen 2. And that is during about 300 days. So I really am surprised when you say that they all have.

Also I contacted the Lady taxi company in Pattaya and asked if the know some one in Bangkok with female driver. They said they wanted to contact some one in BKK that will call us. They did, and they called us. But it was a man!

We have also asked male taxi drivers. They said the same but they said also we can contact Uber maybe.

So I more or less gave up. I was thinking next time we find a female driver we will for sure ask for the phone number. But I guess that will take some time. We are located in Nong Khaem and maybe it is more difficult in that area.

However, I have now found All Thai Taxi and we will give them a call. Also it look like they have limited speed regulation. Very nice.

Thank you very much!

I understand your predicament. My Wife would never take a taxi alone. She has always driven, the consequence of which is 'drink driving' (plenty of which she did in her younger years along with all her friends).

The information you have been given by the locals is wrong, you've just been given the lazy response of 'no-hab'... which is the 'go-to' response of Thai's when they can't be bothered to find out or don't know... 

There is a number you can call to request a Taxi...  the booking includes a 20baht booking fee (unfortunately I don't know the number... but someone will know it if you ask around a little more).

Its going to be very difficult getting a reliable female taxi driver as there aren't that many, especially if you are in a fairly remote area of Bangkok.

Regarding All Thai Taxi - even in Bangkok I've never successfully booked one of their taxi's - I think there are just not enough of them, even in central Bangkok so the request always times out with a 'driver unavailable' message. 

Grab-Car is possibly one of your better options, and not choosing Taxi but Car or Executive Car - there is a degree of accountability with Grab as the drivers details are registered with the App so there is a path of recourse. 

BTW: Uber no longer operate in Thailand. 

I had my first female cab driver ever. It was the worst ride I ever had in my life. It wasnt dangerous, but she hit the brakes every two feet so I felt like I was riding a coaster. I got seasick.

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I had my first female cab driver ever. It was the worst ride I ever had in my life. It wasnt dangerous, but she hit the brakes every two feet so I felt like I was riding a coaster. I got seasick.

I've had many male taxi drivers equally as poor at driving, in some cases dangerous... Its simply luck of the draw and definitely not 'gender related'..  I've had some excellent female taxi drivers with Grab Taxi... I've also had some excellent male drivers... and I've also had some pretty average and poor drivers....  as I wrote, its luck of the draw... 

A few months ago my Grab Taxi driver was a young attractive female... I'd guess about 25 years old... she was dressed up to the hilt, but somewhat like a doll with pig-tails... all very strange... 

Anyway, she drove well, I arrived at my destination and that was it. But, I couldn't help wonder about her safety driving at night in Thailand.... 

Another young female grab driver was quite conversational and was telling me how she'd planned to take a trip on the trans-siberian express as soon as she'd been driving enough to muster up the cash... she seemed well educated, quite independent... it was a refreshing conversation. 

16 hours ago, Captor said:

No, I have only tried with "female" "taxi" "driver" "women" "lady" and so on. I was not aware that all taxi companies have female drivers. I have talked to Thai people in BKK and asked for taxi companies that we can call. They seems not to be aware of that there are taxi companies at all! Because everyone said there are no companies or taxi central to call. I guess no one do that. They just go to the street and grab some.

You must be talking to some really dumb Thai people then. The Thai people I know have called taxis before for a small charge, I think it's an extra 20 baht if you call them. Not to mention any taxi you see driving has a phone number of the company you can call.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:40 AM, Captor said:

I just did a search from 11,000 km away and came up with this.

Address: 179 Soi 19, Khwaeng Chatuchak, Khet Chatuchak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10900, Thailand

Phone: +66 2 018 9799

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A few months ago my Grab Taxi driver was a young attractive female... I'd guess about 25 years old... she was dressed up to the hilt, but somewhat like a doll with pig-tails... all very strange... 

Anyway, she drove well, I arrived at my destination and that was it. But, I couldn't help wonder about her safety driving at night in Thailand.... 

Another young female grab driver was quite conversational and was telling me how she'd planned to take a trip on the trans-siberian express as soon as she'd been driving enough to muster up the cash... she seemed well educated, quite independent... it was a refreshing conversation. 

Hehe, very strange! Thanks for sharing.

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I understand your predicament. My Wife would never take a taxi alone. She has always driven, the consequence of which is 'drink driving' (plenty of which she did in her younger years along with all her friends).

The information you have been given by the locals is wrong, you've just been given the lazy response of 'no-hab'... which is the 'go-to' response of Thai's when they can't be bothered to find out or don't know... 

There is a number you can call to request a Taxi...  the booking includes a 20baht booking fee (unfortunately I don't know the number... but someone will know it if you ask around a little more).

Its going to be very difficult getting a reliable female taxi driver as there aren't that many, especially if you are in a fairly remote area of Bangkok.

Regarding All Thai Taxi - even in Bangkok I've never successfully booked one of their taxi's - I think there are just not enough of them, even in central Bangkok so the request always times out with a 'driver unavailable' message. 

Grab-Car is possibly one of your better options, and not choosing Taxi but Car or Executive Car - there is a degree of accountability with Grab as the drivers details are registered with the App so there is a path of recourse. 

BTW: Uber no longer operate in Thailand. 

Thank you very much. Will try Uber if the numbers below not helps us. We had tried Uber already but we tried "taxi". Will try car next time. Thanks.

Archived