Certificate of residence?

Could someone enlighten me on what sort of proof or residency (if any) I need for extension based on marriage? I’ve used retirement for the last five years, but decided that this year I would change to the marriage option. Wife is living in her house and I generally stay in a condo which I am paying installments for and will become the owne of later this year. So my plan would be to state that I am living with the wife when I apply for marriage extension. Do I need to be entered in the yellow house book of hers or will the marriage certificate, photos and maps be considered sufficient evidence? If It matters, the immigration we will be using is Jomtien.

You don't need to be entered in to a yellow house book. Normally immigration will accept a TM.30 form completed by your wife that confirms you are staying at her address, and/or a copy of your wife house book if she's registered at the address you're both staying at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

When you apply for the extension using wife's house as your residence is proven by her house book for it.

A witness may be needed by Jomtien immigration to prove you are living together at her house.

Thanks ubonjoe, but a few questions: How is that proven, since my name is not in her house book?

And would we indicate the name of a neighbor they can contact, or how does this witness thing work?

9 hours ago, peterh123 said:

Thanks ubonjoe, but a few questions: How is that proven, since my name is not in her house book?

And would we indicate the name of a neighbor they can contact, or how does this witness thing work?

Because you are married proves you would be living with your wife at her house as shown in her blue house book.

They want witness to be with you when you apply so they ask them if you are living with your wife.

OP, I posted about a change from retire to married late last year in Jomtien. 

You mention wife living in house and you living in Condo (at least on paper). Suggest you get that aspect sorted before applying, as you can see in my post they wanted chanotes for where we lived etc and someone onsite to say we both lived there etc.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Because you are married proves you would be living with your wife at her house as shown in her blue house book.

They want witness to be with you when you apply so they ask them if you are living with your wife.

Can your children be witnesses? And isn’t there the possibility they will pop by unannounced and speak with neighbors?