Refused Non O-A in UK with combo income saveings

Hi

I had to return to the UK so decided not to extend in Thailand and get a new O-A visa in London. However it was refused even though I had a combination of income £12k and savings £9k. here is the email reply explaining why.

Dear Sir/Madam,
You can not use the saving that got the pension transfer to make it over 18000 annum so if you use saving must have 18000 in your acc. If pension transfer in the same account we are not calculate again 

Kind Regards,

I think the combination method is becoming very difficult. 

• Thanks 1

This is the rules for Non Immigrant O-A in Sweden where we actually CAN combine. strange that they have different rules in England??

1. Evidence of adequate finance
    1 original and 1 copy of Pension statement showing at least 18 500 SEK in pension income per month after taxes 
    1 original and 1 copy sets of Bank statement showing a saving account of at least 228,000 SEK (800,000 baht). The document must be stamped and signed by the authorized issuer and issued within the past 3 months.
    1 original and 1 copy of a pension income certificate (per month x 12 months) can be combined with Bank statement to reach a total amount of 228,000 SEK (800,000 Baht)

glegolo

I got refused a non O-A at the embassy in London because I was under 65! I pointed out to the woman that the age limit was 50, "Not in the UK" she replied, " Need to be 65 in UK, 50 in Thailand".

I returned with a printout from the Thai Embassy, London website, clearly stating that the lower age limit was 50. The young woman looked at the printout and declared, " This is not from our website, it's fake". I never did get my non O-A.

The problem with the Thai Embassy in London is that it's seen as a prime posting for young Thais. Fresh out of university, their parents "buy" them a posting in London. They are all sons and daughters of the Thai elite and, as such, completely clueless and above question.

Due to Thai "face", particularly amongst the "educated" elite, you will never get their error reversed, or for them to admit that they were in any way wrong.

Good luck, you'll need it! Probably the worst Thai embassy in the world.

This is the rules for Non Immigrant O-A in Sweden where we actually CAN combine. strange that they have different rules in England??
  1. Evidence of adequate finance
    1 original and 1 copy of Pension statement showing at least 18 500 SEK in pension income per month after taxes 
    1 original and 1 copy sets of Bank statement showing a saving account of at least 228,000 SEK (800,000 baht). The document must be stamped and signed by the authorized issuer and issued within the past 3 months.
    1 original and 1 copy of a pension income certificate (per month x 12 months) can be combined with Bank statement to reach a total amount of 228,000 SEK (800,000 Baht)
glegolo
The rules look the same on the website. Just didn't work that way when I put my application in and my aplication was refused on what looks like they wouldn't add my income and saving together.

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I got refused a non O-A at the embassy in London because I was under 65! I pointed out to the woman that the age limit was 50, "Not in the UK" she replied, " Need to be 65 in UK, 50 in Thailand".

I returned with a printout from the Thai Embassy, London website, clearly stating that the lower age limit was 50. The young woman looked at the printout and declared, " This is not from our website, it's fake". I never did get my non O-A.

I had a similar expereince in London, a year ago - the young lady told me I could not get an OX (despite me pointing out my full application was within the offical rules) and told I should apply for an OA as it was easier, I asked about age and she said my age (54 at the time) was OK.

There seem to be many stories of London changing the "rules" at their whim.

• Like 1