Apply Thailand visa again & again

hello how are you all i have a question in my mind this is my 3rd time in Thailand first time i applied for thailand visa stay here for 2 months then i went back after 1 month i apply again and came here and stay here for 2 months but this time when i applied i got call from Embassy and got interview but i got the visa tho also when i came to thailand at immigration the officer was suspicious and he sent me to other counter and lady officer checked some record and ask me in a very nice way what is your business i told her i have music company in Pakistan & online music store and i do vlogging in thailand sometime and i also love to live in thailand with my girlfriend she smile and let me go but i felt something is not right i really dont understand what is going on i have plan to apply for 6 months visa by march again is that ok to apply thailand visa again & again but i also go to other countries before i come to thailand i went to Dubai its not like i travel to thailand only  

If you are planning on staying in Thailand long term then you need a Non Immigrant Multi Entry visa. If you are using tourist visas to stay in the kingdom other than for purposes of tourism then it is not a good idea since they are cracking down on those who abuse it.

I have heard about people staying here long term on ED visas but they are also cracking down on those as well. It's not an easy ride in Thailand anymore regarding visas.

KP.

Edited by KhunProletariat

There is nothing stopping you applying for a visa, but having a visa does not guarantee entry to the  country.

I suggest, in future, you do not admit to 'vlogging' while in Thailand as it could be considered work which is illegal without permission (a work permit). If asked you are visiting for tourism and visiting your girlfriend. A letter from your girlfriend inviting you to visit, with a copy of her ID and house registration book, might help if you are questioned about your reason to visit.

• Like 1

It seems you are probably a Pakistani citizen. To get three tourist visas in quick succession, you must be from a pretty well respected family. Visas are not easily issued to those from the Indian subcontinent.

You are going to have problems if you want to stay much longer. Can you afford (perhaps with the help of your family) to enrol in the Thailand Elite program, getting an Easy Access visa in the process?

Your other alternatives would be an education visa to study Thai (not guaranteed, but probably OK for a year or two) or to marry your girlfriend and get a Non O visa with Thai spouse (not sure how you and your family would feel about that).

Good luck!

• Like 1

" i told her i have music company in Pakistan & online music store and i do vlogging in thailand sometime" - Sounds like you have a SETV or METV. Problem is you told her that you're working in Thailand which is a "no no".

i never knew vlogging is a work showing beauty of Thailand and inviting others to visit Thailand is called free advertising i'm giving them good business tho first i spend for visa then i spend for Thai airways tickets next i pay my room rents food etc every single month i spend good amount here without earning anything in back its very strange i never knew actually they dont want me to come on visit visa so many times 

1 minute ago, danilay said:

i never knew vlogging is a work showing beauty of Thailand and inviting others to visit Thailand is called free advertising i'm giving them good business tho first i spend for visa then i spend for Thai airways tickets next i pay my room rents food etc every single month i spend good amount here without earning anything in back its very strange i never knew actually they dont want me to come on visit visa so many times 

Vlogging could be work or not, depending on monitization - but no sense bringing it up, and opening that question.

There is no law or rule limiting how long you can be in the country as a Tourist on Tourist Visas.  But some entry-points (Bangkok airports) pretend such a limit exists, and enforce it (the denial-stamp used will be for something else - but the effect is the same). 

As you come from a nation with an average wage-scale below that of Thailand, you face the increased-suspicion of coming to work illegally (even if not true). 

Yes, it is illogical there would be any limit on coming here (a nation where tourism is a large portion of GDP) and spending foreign-sourced capital - but there is an anti-foreigner agenda at play.  That agenda might hit you harder than some, based on your nationality - but even older German retirees have been interrogated for spending winters here ("too much time as a tourist" - though no way they could be accused of coming to work illegally), so no one is safe.

You can minimize risk by entering at friendly land-borders (all except Poipet), where the rules are generally followed.  Always have 20K Baht in Cash to show, in case they ask to see it.  Even if denied entering by land, which is much less likely than a Bangkok airport, at least you are not held in detention and forced to fly back where you came from.

An ED Visa could also work - but that is designed for coming to study continuously for a year - rather than staying periodically.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Vlogging could be work or not, depending on monitization - but no sense bringing it up, and opening that question.

There is no law or rule limiting how long you can be in the country as a Tourist on Tourist Visas.  But some entry-points (Bangkok airports) pretend such a limit exists, and enforce it (the denial-stamp used will be for something else - but the effect is the same). 

As you come from a nation with an average wage-scale below that of Thailand, you face the increased-suspicion of coming to work illegally (even if not true). 

Yes, it is illogical there would be any limit on coming here (a nation where tourism is a large portion of GDP) and spending foreign-sourced capital - but there is an anti-foreigner agenda at play.  That agenda might hit you harder than some, based on your nationality - but even older German retirees have been interrogated for spending winters here ("too much time as a tourist" - though no way they could be accused of coming to work illegally), so no one is safe.

You can minimize risk by entering at friendly land-borders (all except Poipet), where the rules are generally followed.  Always have 20K Baht in Cash to show, in case they ask to see it.  Even if denied entering by land, which is much less likely than a Bangkok airport, at least you are not held in detention and forced to fly back where you came from.

An ED Visa could also work - but that is designed for coming to study continuously for a year - rather than staying periodically.

thank you for golden information i will be careful next time i will never tell them i do Vloging what about Smart visa tho do i need to pay tax also?

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

It seems you are probably a Pakistani citizen. To get three tourist visas in quick succession, you must be from a pretty well respected family. Visas are not easily issued to those from the Indian subcontinent.

You are going to have problems if you want to stay much longer. Can you afford (perhaps with the help of your family) to enrol in the Thailand Elite program, getting an Easy Access visa in the process?

Your other alternatives would be an education visa to study Thai (not guaranteed, but probably OK for a year or two) or to marry your girlfriend and get a Non O visa with Thai spouse (not sure how you and your family would feel about that).

Good luck!

getting married is also very complicated requires a lot of documents 

2 hours ago, danilay said:

If you are earning from the vlogging it would be considered work. If not, and you're doing it as a hobby, it wouldn't.

Immigration is not just about how much someone spends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

No there isn't. There is an ongoing campaign to reduce long term tourism, and to stop 'tourists' working.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Maybe you need to consider that they are doing you a favour allowing you to visit and stay in Thailand, rather than you are doing them a favour by coming here. 

Frequent visits as a tourist makes IOs suspicious that you are actually working in Thailand, from his perspective. 

make sense 

12 hours ago, elviajero said:

No there isn't. There is an ongoing campaign to reduce long term tourism, and to stop 'tourists' working.

so i should belive that im not going to get Thailand 6 months multiple visa in March from my country cuz im going back next month  

31 minutes ago, danilay said:

so i should belive that im not going to get Thailand 6 months multiple visa in March from my country cuz im going back next month  

The fact that they offer the METV with the terms it has (repeat 60-day entry-stamps for 6 months), means that some people in power do not oppose longer-term / more-frequent tourists.  There is another clique that does oppose it, which is the group you have to worry about, by choosing where you enter the country carefully.

Essentially, "Official A" says, "No problem come on in."  Then "Official B" who says, "I don't agree with Official A, so I'm going to break the law, and not let you in."  This is what is happening here - inconsistency all over - because no one above has the power and/or will to demand the laws on the books are followed.

Whether a METV is easy to get from the Thai Consulate in your country is another question, however.  Requirements for Visas can differ from one consulate to another in the same country - and even more from one country to another.   For example, Germans do not have to prove they are "currently employed" to get a METV, while Americans, Brits, and most others do. 

But, if you have a sizable bank-account to demonstrate - making clear you can afford your trips here - it is possible.  Good luck.

Edited by JackThompson

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

The fact that they offer the METV with the terms it has (repeat 60-day entry-stamps for 6 months), means that some people in power do not oppose longer-term / more-frequent tourists.  There is another clique that does oppose it, which is the group you have to worry about, by choosing where you enter the country carefully.

Essentially, "Official A" says, "No problem come on in."  Then "Official B" who says, "I don't agree with Official A, so I'm going to break the law, and not let you in."  This is what is happening here - inconsistency all over - because no one above has the power and/or will to demand the laws on the books are followed.

Whether a METV is easy to get from the Thai Consulate in your country is another question, however.  Requirements for Visas can differ from one consulate to another in the same country - and even more from one country to another.   For example, Germans do not have to prove they are "currently employed" to get a METV, while Americans, Brits, and most others do. 

But, if you have a sizable bank-account to demonstrate - making clear you can afford your trips here - it is possible.  Good luck.

actually i dont have issue to get the Multiple Entry Visa from Pakistan i have my own company and good standing bank account but i got worried now cuz so many people are saying they gonna send me back from Immigration even this time when i enter thailand they didnt treated me like others i'm lost i wanna stay in thailand but i dont wanna pay that big amount for elite card thailand should have easy long term visa same like Malaysia  

3 hours ago, danilay said:

actually i dont have issue to get the Multiple Entry Visa from Pakistan i have my own company and good standing bank account but i got worried now cuz so many people are saying they gonna send me back from Immigration even this time when i enter thailand they didnt treated me like others i'm lost i wanna stay in thailand but i dont wanna pay that big amount for elite card thailand should have easy long term visa same like Malaysia  

If you get a METV, you simply have to avoid the bad entry-points - same as anyone with a longer-stay history holding any type of Tourist visa.

There is an alternative if you want to invest (like Malaysia) - an "investment based" extension is possible with 10M Baht invested in Thailand.  The extension is renewable for as long as you hold the investments, which can be in new condos, some bank-accounts, and govt-securities.  Whether lost ROI, vs other worldwide investment options, is worse than the money literally "burned up" to buy an elite visa, is debatable.

5 hours ago, danilay said:
18 hours ago, elviajero said:

I can't comment on whether or not you'll get a visa. But you should be aware that having a visa does not guarantee entry, and an METV is not designed for people to stay in the country for 6 months, but to visit frequently for 6 months.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I can't comment on whether or not you'll get a visa. But you should be aware that having a visa does not guarantee entry, and an METV is not designed for people to stay in the country for 6 months, but to visit frequently for 6 months.

Elvia, I know this is going sideways and you might not have informed opinion. But anyway here is my question. Over many years I have taken my Thai partner to au. She having obtained METV valid for 12 months. We both only want stay maybe 2 visits of 3or 4 week per one year visa. My point is, there is no way she could stay 3 month exit for week to say Bali. Rince and repeat. Why do western folk think its different in los.

16 hours ago, elviajero said:

can you advice me how can i stay in Thailand without working i'm only 20 years old and i really don't wanna spend a lot on elite card i can spend that money investing somewhere else i can marry my gf but i think i really don't wanna get marry yet also its hard as well require a lot documents Thailand made really hard for visa's 

23 hours ago, JackThompson said:

If they wanted to stop the few relatively-harmless "tourists working," they would be raiding schools and dive-locations - not arbitrarily harassing/blocking-entry to self-funded people. 

They have been raiding schools as well, part of the X Ray operation. Of course, the ones that do contribute to the "Christmas fund" get notified in advance about the raids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danilay said:

can you advice me how can i stay in Thailand without working i'm only 20 years old and i really don't wanna spend a lot on elite card i can spend that money investing somewhere else i can marry my gf but i think i really don't wanna get marry yet also its hard as well require a lot documents Thailand made really hard for visa's 

Done any ED Visas yet?

How about a visa for medical treatment, a facelift or triple bypass? ????

its nothing about vlogging or else. And its not counting a job in thailand.

I have a Turkish passport. I will tell you what happened. Its because of your nationality and religion they just felt suspicious because you enter thailand often. Thats all.

Next time present them your return plane ticket and explain them your just here for holiday and visit your girlfriend. And yes, a letter from your girlfriend and some photos would do great help. thats all you need. Also if you enter thailand again right after you left thailand.. thats kinda suspicious too. It rings alarm your using tourist visa just to live in thailand.

and if you want to stay in thailand, i suggest you to find a work or apply to a university as a student. otherwise its not easy anymore

Edited by problemfarang

31 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

its nothing about vlogging or else. And its not counting a job in thailand.

I have a Turkish passport. I will tell you what happened. Its because of your nationality and religion they just felt suspicious because you enter thailand often. Thats all.

Next time present them your return plane ticket and explain them your just here for holiday and visit your girlfriend. And yes, a letter from your girlfriend and some photos would do great help. thats all you need. Also if you enter thailand again right after you left thailand.. thats kinda suspicious too. It rings alarm your using tourist visa just to live in thailand.

and if you want to stay in thailand, i suggest you to find a work or apply to a university as a student. otherwise its not easy anymore

what about Learning Thai Language? 

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:35 PM, bbi1 said:

" i told her i have music company in Pakistan & online music store and i do vlogging in thailand sometime" - Sounds like you have a SETV or METV. Problem is you told her that you're working in Thailand which is a "no no".

"Problem is you told her that you're working in Thailand which is a "no no".

It wasn't a problem, he was stamped in!

2 hours ago, danilay said:

what about Learning Thai Language? 

you can try to apply Faculty of Thai Language and Literature. You can check universities.. there are lot. Or try Communication Science... There are many you can apply.

But be aware that prices are higher than normal thai citizen. If you apply to a normal level university for a BA.. it should be around 50.000 - 70.000 baht per semester.. and 4 year university has 8 semesters.. 

So far the best option for you is this... to be a student. With this you also get permission to leave the country and come back.. All you need to be careful is attending your classes. If immigration understands that your not attending your classes, they will cancel your visa. Although you can fail 4 years. so actually you can stay 7 years without any problem via failing.. well in 7 years i do believe you can find a wife.... well then NON-O visa. Which will open new freedoms with new problems... ????

many university have international college...  i think its around 53.000 per semester.

Edited by problemfarang

3 hours ago, problemfarang said:

you can try to apply Faculty of Thai Language and Literature. You can check universities.. there are lot. Or try Communication Science... There are many you can apply.

But be aware that prices are higher than normal thai citizen. If you apply to a normal level university for a BA.. it should be around 50.000 - 70.000 baht per semester.. and 4 year university has 8 semesters.. 

So far the best option for you is this... to be a student. With this you also get permission to leave the country and come back.. All you need to be careful is attending your classes. If immigration understands that your not attending your classes, they will cancel your visa. Although you can fail 4 years. so actually you can stay 7 years without any problem via failing.. well in 7 years i do believe you can find a wife.... well then NON-O visa. Which will open new freedoms with new problems... ????

many university have international college...  i think its around 53.000 per semester.

sounds good