Any new requirements at Ban Pakaard/Pailin border re-entry?

Need to pop over to Cambodia at Ban Pakaard/Pailin this week to activate the final 90mdays on my Non-O visa.

Is a 1 day in-out ok at the moment or am i likely to encounter any issues regarding 20k cash on me or anything else?

Hoping the 1 day in/out fine of 300 baht is the only thing i will encounter

Thanks

58 minutes ago, sotonfarang said:

Usually a 300 bht fine for same day in/out...

i just been hearing about needing to show 20k cash etc, i hate doing border runs, they make you feel like a crook, non-o or not

Though a good idea to have it, by land, the 20K rule has only been reported as being enforced on the Malaysian entry-points. 

Of course, avoid Poipet - the nightmare entry-point where anything could happen.

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Though a good idea to have it, by land, the 20K rule has only been reported as being enforced on the Malaysian entry-points. 

Of course, avoid Poipet - the nightmare entry-point where anything could happen.

Nah, not really. Poipet/Aranyaprathet is fine as long as you're in possession of a visa of some sort. I tend to avoid same day in/outs (except at the Myanmar borders, if using the day pass option) however, there is nothing wrong with doing the occasional same day in/out at any given land border provided you have a visa of some sort. Having said that, Aranyaprathet is best crossed by car or on a cross-border bus (such as Siem Reap-Bangkok or Phnom Penh-Bangkok) than on foot. Other borders are much faster and more hassle free.

ok thanks, its a shame about poipet as you can get a visa beforehand online for there but not for ban pakaard, saves hassle. I have just heard way too many bad things about Poipet and dont fancy it.

Cant remember how much visa on entry to cambodia is, anyone recall?

1 minute ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

Poipet/Aranyaprathet is fine as long as you're in possession of a visa of some sort.

On exit there, I was told that because I had stayed in Thailand on Tourist Visas in the past, I would be refused entry by land - even with a Visa - and could "only fly in".  I got my Tourist Visa (in Phnom Penh) and returned via Ban Laem without a problem.

We have reports of folks with SETVs and METVs being officially denied-entry (with record in the immigration DB) for attempting to enter there.  Some of these believed the lies they were told by the dishonest staff, and went all the way back to Siem Reap to "fly in" as instructed - when all they had to do was take a taxi to Ban Laem or Ban Packard and enter there.

Even with a Non-O ME Visa, people were forced to stay overnight - the only place in the country where that has been reported.  It is, literally, the worst place we know of to enter Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sotonfarang said:

Cant remember how much visa on entry to cambodia is, anyone recall?

US$ 30 in crisp new bills if you want the official price. Whatever you want to pay over about 1,300 baht if you cannot be bothered to get US currency in advance, or if you prefer to deal with touts rather than the official visa window.