Trump proposes wall-for-DACA in bid to end U.S. government shutdown

rooster59

1 minute ago, Thainesss said:

So walls DO work then? 

DHS & CBP both have constantly stated unanimously that walls are needed, Democrats have voted for hundreds of miles of barriers at the border in the past. 

And you think Chuck and Nancy arent playing politics? 

Just admit youre a blatant hypocrite just like every other democrat & liberal out there. 

-No wall don't work where they are not needed

-Barriers are needed where necessary, most have being build, perhaps some more needed,and some need to be maintained.

- Pelosi and Schumer did not shut the government trump did  

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

No one before trump ever said that we need  A wall between Mexico and the US. This is a manufactured issue by trump to throw red meat to his base

Posting material that you know to be false is against forum rules. We all know the Dems were all for a wall - before Trump wanted one and the rest is history. You can not change the past because it doesn't suit present political biases. As a friendly reminder of what you already know :-

Hillary Clinton "I voted, when I was a Senator, to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in...” 2015

Barack Obama ""We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States, undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently and lawfully to become immigrants in this country."

Hillary Clinton "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in. And I do think you have to control your borders." 2015

Chuck Schumer “Illegal Immigration is wrong, plain and simple. Until the American people are convinced we will stop future flows of illegal immigration, we will make no progress.” 2009

2 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Pay?

Its .11% of the budget. Its a minuscule amount in context. 

I am happy 5 billion is change to you, unfortunately not to me. 

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Republican      Candidate trump promised he would eliminate the nation’s debt in eight years. Instead, his budgets would add $8.3 trillion in four years. It would increase the U.S. debt to $25 trillion.

Yet he want as to borrow an additional 5 billion for his vanity wall that our children will have to pay.

Since it is change to you and your ilk , You pay for it.

19 minutes ago, sirineou said:

No , I just don't want spending limited resources where not needed.

No one before trump ever said that we need  A wall between Mexico and the US. This is a manufactured issue by trump to throw red meat to his base . It is a political issue , as admitted by Cryingdick when he said . not getting some sort of wall would be political suicide for trump !

the country should not have to pay for trump's partisan politics.

Have you been living under a rock? 

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

-No wall don't work where they are not needed

-Barriers are needed where necessary, most have being build, perhaps some more needed,and some need to be maintained.

- Pelosi and Schumer did not shut the government trump did  

If an illegal alien can dig 2 feet through damp sand to enter the United States, would you consider that a wall that needs to be maintained or modified? 

Pelosi and Schumer refuse to negotiate on anything, and by doing so not only have they kicked aside DaCA and TPS recipients, they are also not giving a crap about 800k workers with delayed paychecks. This is the reality and unequivocal fact. Their refusal to even try and negotiate is nothing more than political garbage and any objective person can see that. 

1 hour ago, Credo said:

The people were not trapped like rats in a hole.   Most of them are asylum seekers and their goal was to get into the US, turn themselves into Border Patrol and be screened for asylum.   

I was watching a news report with a border guard standing on one side of the wall and a person on the other side climbing over.   Even without a ladder, he had no problem scaling the wall.   The border patrol officer could do nothing until he reached the other side and is in the US.

Pole vaulting lessons are on the rise in Mexico. Many Olympic contenders are emerging.

Still "up in the air" if they will be allowed to represent Team USA.

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

Some of our bravest troops in VN were called tunnel rats.

Correct, the tunnel rats were drafted and did not shy away from doing what their country called upon them to do unlike a certain coward currently infesting the WH.

You know, my advice to you and other Cadet Bonespur fans is to NEVER EVER mention the Vietnam war. 

4 minutes ago, Becker said:

Correct, the tunnel rats were drafted and did not shy away from doing what their country called upon them to do unlike a certain coward currently infesting the WH.

You know, my advice to you and other Cadet Bonespur fans is to NEVER EVER mention the Vietnam war. 

Do you need a list of Dem politicians that have gotten out of military service or lied about military service so you can spread your message of cowardice around in a bipartisan manner? Or is this just another partisan swipe. 

56 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

They want Trump to commit political suicide and that is why there is a stalemate.

By bleeting endlessly about a big, beautiful wall paid for by Mexico the man-child has painted himself into a corner and it's the Dems fault??

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

12 minutes ago, Becker said:

indeed.

5 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Do you need a list of Dem politicians that have gotten out of military service or lied about military service so you can spread your message of cowardice around in a bipartisan manner? Or is this just another partisan swipe. 

President Flat Feet.

4 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Just give me a list of Dem presidents that have shamefully faked medical conditions when their country has been at war while all their lives acted like tough guys.

Thanks in advance - looking forward to it!:thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, sirineou said:

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Republican      Candidate trump promised he would eliminate the nation’s debt in eight years. Instead, his budgets would add $8.3 trillion in four years. It would increase the U.S. debt to $25 trillion.

Yet he want as to borrow an additional 5 billion for his vanity wall that our children will have to pay.

Do not ask me for a link or proof because I can not produce one. But I recall reading or hearing that Trump said something like "not my problem, I won't be alive then" when it was pointed out that HIS WALL will have to be paid for by future generations.

Again, NO LINK, just like NO COLLUSION.

43 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Wasn't there a crowd funding thing going on a few months back? In fact, one of the most ardent man-child supporters gave us several daily updates on how much money was pouring in. Surely by now the wall is already funded by the faithful?!

And if the Dem's were to accept his offer do you think he would not do a back track when he gets his money???

It's a touch ironic that the deal Mr Trump outlined - his wall in exchange for protection for certain childhood undocumented migrants and temporary resident aliens - was one the president walked away from last year, when Democrats were the ones instigating a shutdown.

After senators thought they had an agreement, the White House issued new demands for reforms to legal immigration.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46935595

3 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Pelosi must be making the DACA crowd somewhat nervous now. It's really too bad she is holding them hostage over the wall...

Why? Idividual #1 offers only a timed protection. I think, if you look, the courts have already protected....

3 hours ago, Kelsall said:

You're right.  However Pelosi can't compromise because her hatred of Trump won't let her.  It's all about the hate.  Pelosi and her followers hate Trump and really don't care about the country.

So, unless the haters can get over their hate and do what's right, the next step will be for Trump to declare an emergency and build the wall.  It has to be done.

And that will magically make all this hate go away?

I see.

3 hours ago, Kelsall said:

You're right.  However Pelosi can't compromise because her hatred of Trump won't let her.  It's all about the hate.  Pelosi and her followers hate Trump and really don't care about the country.

As usual you got it a** backwards. Rational people love their country and hate what the man-child is doing to it.

I'll be honest and acknowledge it was a smart political move by potus. It will probably move about 10 percent of the blame he has now to the democrats. But it was not a serious proposal. This is not negotiating. He made his demands. Not one penny reduced on the wall demand amount. His game is to send it to the senate which needs 60 votes to pass. So it won't pass and then potus can try to shift the hot potato blame to Schumer. It's not about a solution or re-opening the government. It's about shutdown blame.

If he was serious he would have called Schumer and Pelosi and said here is my opening for negotiations. Come meet with me and we can negotiate a plan both of us can live with and then we can reopen the government. So this mess continues.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Trump such the deal maker.... for shame that CS uses that program....do something new and original, something his  Toupe wearing Enabler would suggest... No DEAL... No ransom.

Just how did something necessary and valuable as border control become such a Circus... even Thailand has this down... 5555

3 hours ago, Thainesss said:

Because you feel the need to indirectly call me racist (4 times in this post alone) and are seemingly very angry, can you explain to me (without getting anymore upset) why its racist to enforce our immigration laws? 

I did what? 

‘indirectly call you a racist’.

ie I did not call you a racist.

That you feel that me mentioning racist in anyway refers to you is not something I need to explain to you.

Archived