BANGKOK
rooster59

Rival groups demonstrate in Thailand as election tensions grow

Protesting cannot law is coming as makes Thailand look bad. Either that or tanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

They said they were not opposed to a ballot, but national unity must come first.

tow  the  line  eh

• Like 1

Yes foreigners do have the right to 'utter' their opinion on Thai affairs even if their opinion counts for zero. But since it means absolutely squat, I guess the only reason then is because they're in love with the sound of their own voice lol. Unless you can punch a ballot here I'm not impressed how much taxes you pay, you have no real say. You can bleat like a sheep about a 'dictatorship' but for what end? Because it makes you feel better? Perhaps you're living here in a private fantasy that what you think here is relevant to the outcome of Thai affairs. There's nothing wrong living in a pretend world and in fact judging on what I've read on TV over the years there are even folks you can share this fantasy with online. Its even been suggested here and in other threads that Thais should 'rise up' and 'take the streets' or as above, a quote from a dead American suggesting blood be shed for 'liberty' lol. Why don't all these 'patriotic' foreigners just rise up themselves against the army and show the Thais how to sacrifice their lives for the 'greater good'. LOL. If you guys are so itching to make a difference and leave your mark, why don't you go back to the country you were born in so that your vote and opinion actually mean something? I mean with how messed up some of biggest countries in world are right now (brexit/trump) don't you think they need some help from concerned citizens? There must be political volunteering needs not being met in your respective country, go back there and see if you can make a difference. Because the noise pollution you're generating in Thailand is just reinforcing that you're a legend, in your own mind. 

Edited by from the home of CC
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Let the games begin.......

About the bloody time, five years has soon passed and all downhill.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jayboy said:

You conflate two things which accounts for your muddled post.Firstly I don’t believe any foreigner is under the illusion that his opinion is going to change things.However it is certainly entirely natural that resident foreigners should have an opinion- except perhaps for barflies and the intellectually incurious.

Secondly although you do not make the case very well,I accept there is something a little “off” about foreigners with nothing to lose urging Thais on to the barricades.I try to avoid this.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Everybody is entitled to an opinion on how Thais should live their lives. If it makes people feel better and soothes their ego to attempt to solve the problems of other nations then they should go for it. I do believe there are foreigners here that are under the illusion that they know better and could better Thai life for Thais, for I read it daily on TV. And although it may be natural for foreigners to opine on how messed up the country their living in is, it does get rather tedious. Especially from rock throwers in glass houses.  And I'm glad you think it's a little 'off' to promote riots, how 'western' of you. 

• Like 1

I doubt very much whether there will be any mass demo's for a year or two..

The country is in suspended animation at the moment (coronation) and one or two possible long periods of mourning.

This is a transitional period-and then we will see where the power lies-or perhaps we won't,who can tell?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

love the pinocchio but doubt he is smart enough to get it

I suppose it depends on whether there is anyone on his team bright enough to "get it", and with the balls to explain it to him!

• Haha 1

30 people? There were more in the soi bukaho bar I just left