EC to endorse election results within 150-day timeframe

rooster59

EC to endorse election results within 150-day timeframe

Thammarat Thadaphrom

db9740871a01196998f67086a8320847_small.jpg

BANGKOK - The Election Commission of Thailand (EC) has promised to endorse election results within the 150-day timeframe as stipulated in the 2017 Constitution.

EC Secretary-General Pol Col Jarungwit Phumma has reiterated that the electoral organ will conclude the general election and endorse poll results by May 9th, 2019, which is within 50 days of the organic act governing the election of members of parliament coming into force on December 11th last year. 

According to Pol Col Jarungwit, even though the election date is still unclear, Election Commissioners earlier this week agreed that the conclusion of the election stipulated in the permanent charter must include the endorsement of poll results.

There is current speculation that Thai voters will cast ballots on Sunday, March 10th based on the EC’s announcement and interpretation of the 150-day timeframe. 

He added that although the EC is responsible for determining the poll’s date, the official announcement will have to made by the administration. 

NNT: 2019-01-20

Isn’t it funny how all these people who took over the country illegally and who have been put into positions by those who took power illegally pretend to act according to the law ? This whole charade is hopefully ending soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

150 days to do what exactly?

OK, so I'll pick up each ballot paper and YOU count aloud and YOU make a note on a piece of paper. OK? Let's start now: 1 for XYZ, 2 for ZYX, 3 for YXZ, 4 for XZY, got it? OK? Let's start now: 1 for XYZ, 2 for XYZ, 3 for um ZXY, 4 for XYZ ... 

2 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Isn’t it funny how all these people who took over the country illegally and who have been put into positions by those who took power illegally pretend to act according to the law ? This whole charade is hopefully ending soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes, all this invoking of the 'law' is more than funny - it is infuriating (to anyone who cannot stand cant, lies and stratospheric hypocrisy!).

In the UK the incumbent is out of number 10 and the new PM installed the day after the election following a quick visit to the Queen.

In the USA the winner becomes President-Elect the day after the election, taking office a month or so later.

In Thailand the election takes place, the results are known quickly but then the EC needs 150 days to endorse such results. The system stinks. Will any pro-junta party winners be disqualified for overspending, vote-buying or illegal entertaining? My guess is that these accusations and subsequent disqualifications will be confined to anti-junta party members.

In the UK the incumbent is out of number 10 and the new PM installed the day after the election following a quick visit to the Queen.

In the USA the winner becomes President-Elect the day after the election, taking office a month or so later.

In Thailand the election takes place, the results are known quickly but then the EC needs 150 days to endorse such results. The system stinks. Will any pro-junta party winners be disqualified for overspending, vote-buying or illegal entertaining? My guess is that these accusations and subsequent disqualifications will be confined to anti-junta party members.
The 150 days is counting from the day the law was published in the gazette which was in December. Apparently, the EC still has 60 days to come up with the results counting from the election day. Need time to rig it of course

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Archived