Help Me Pick My Venue for Next Year

Nyezhov

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Despite all the bashing and the usual rubbish posts, i would invite you to Pattaya.

Its just too easy to have a comfy and lazy life here.

Close to everywhere, an insane variety of foods from all over the world,

English tv statios, english newspapers, english radio, plenty of nature as well as plenty of action.

Huge choice of condo's, some with stunning ocean views,

Pretty much everything you need and do not need is here and you do not need to live in the heart of red light district., go 1 km out and you would not even know it existed.

10 baht, baht buses if you into public transport, or motorcycle taxi's which are pretty cheap

My Mother would disown me.

Its like Hua Hin with action? ????

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thus at night time, if you don't have your own transport, options were pretty dire. Has that changed?

i don't know, they run until at least 8pm now. i have a scooter so i don't use the baht bus much. everyone who lives here has a motorbike taxi guy they call or tuk tuk for late night transport.   

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

your heart would give out living in Pattaya before you would hear from your mother.

OK....Hua Hin vs Pattaya battle for the two experts. What does Hua Hin have that Pattaya doesnt, and vice versa?

Lets rate the things important to me:

1. Transport

2. Scenery

3. Thai food

4. Medical

5. COL

6. Beach

7. Location

8. Weather

I know there is more "action" in Pattaya. Plus?minus depending on my mood. I know there are more sleazy farang in Pattaya. Minus. Probably more Western food in Pattaya. Dont care. More traffic in Pattaya. Minus.

What else?

Pattaya +1

What bestb said sums it up.  Everything in your criterea including the slums.  I would start at Jomtien so you can chose when you want to duck into Pattaya.  Loads of new condos and a bus straight to the airport.

Google can answer what to do around the area, but food is great as loads of expats open restaurants usually serving the best dishes of their country.

Plenty gyms to tone up and get ur ticker back ontrack.  So dont be a homo come to Patts and incase you want to be one we cater for that too!

Not as many sleezy farangs as you may think alot live in houses on the eastern side.

Edited by BigT73

Whatever you do don't go to Patong (alternative term for Phuket), it's the most expensive place on earth, more so than even Oslo or Zurich.

A taxi will cost a minimum of $200 dollars and there is no guarantee you will ever reach your destination.

You can't afford to eat there, and there's a good chance you will become embroiled in a street gunfight between rival mafia gangs if the rabid dogs don't get you first. The loud music from the bars will rupture your eardrums.

If you so much as dip a toe in the water you risk getting toxic burns and guaranteed to get salmonella. If you go to one of the International hospitals you will need to sell your house to pay the bill and none of the doctors meet Bangkok standards anyway.  The government hospitals are filthy and have livestock roaming through them.

Groups of unfettered Chinese and Russians rampage through the shopping centers and 7-11s and will punch and spit on anyone who gets in their way. If you decide to catch a boat to the surrounding islands there is an 18% chance you will drown.

Stick to Hua Hin, boring is safe.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Haha 2

There is one thing Pattaya and Hua-hin both have,a boat that travels to the other place in about two hours.

There the one day,back the next.

If you live in Hua-hin and feel the need you are not far away from sin city.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jvs said:

There is one thing Pattaya and Hua-hin both have,a boat that travels to the other place in about two hours.

There the one day,back the next.

If you live in Hua-hin and feel the need you are not far away from sin city.

That's 1250 baht each way and it's only available during high season

Edited by camble

and I had to give up my Amateur Radio hobby as it is seriously restricted here. 

Restricted, but not illegal ???? I've had a Thai ham licence for about 16 years, very easy to get if you have a USA ham licence, no test to take, just a trip to the licencing office in Bangkok.

(In Burma, it took me 6 years of pestering the government department before they finally issued me with the first resident ham licence to be issued in 55 years....)

The operating restrictions in Thailand are mainly on power output, but even that has been increased to 1000 W for those with full ham licences.

The Thai Radio amateur Society https://www.qsl.net/rast/ can help you to get your licence.

I have a rig in my house for HF PSK/FT8 use and another HF rig in my pick-up.

Simon

HS0ZIB

XZ2A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BestB said:

no, its 100 times better than Hua HIn????

Tell your mother you living in Chonburi, Sounds way more respectable ????

You could tell your mother you are living in Gomorrah and it would still sound more respectable than Pattaya.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude right now my sex drive is sublimated to an insane desire for a steak and a pizza!  If you put a naked hottie in front of me, next to a hunk of Prime Rib and said choose wisely Grasshopper, you know which one I would gobble and it aint the one that talks.

I really fear the anaesthesia is taking a long time to wear off. What on earth prevents you from availing yourself of both options?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I really fear the anaesthesia is taking a long time to wear off. What on earth prevents you from availing yourself of both options?

I guess I could after I pound down the steak and take a post beef nap

On 1/20/2019 at 10:40 AM, owl sees all said:
On 1/20/2019 at 10:27 AM, Nyezhov said:

Dude right now my sex drive is sublimated to an insane desire for a steak and a pizza!  If you put a naked hottie in front of me, next to a hunk of Prime Rib and said choose wisely Grasshopper, you know which one I would gobble and it aint the one that talks.

With that in mind, I would say Ho Kham. There are not too many ladies there that would get you excited and it's on the Mekong river. Its massive attraction is that it's the most northern part of Isaan.

It has everything a farang could want; including peace and quiet.

Why would a single Farang want peace and quiet?   Nyezhov wants to have some fun not turn into a miserable hermit that doesn't do anything.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Why would a single Farang want peace and quiet?   Nyezhov wants to have some fun not turn into a miserable hermit that doesn't do anything.

Ho Kham is not for everyone; a little too quiet for some. But, the OP says he likes Nong Khai which is just up river from Ho Kham (100k). If the OP wants 'fun' he can visit Bueng Kan, So Phisai or Rattanawapi. And if he does want to see hotties, Laos is just a short swim away; although he could not bed them in Laos; they come to you across the river for the night and row, or swim, back in the morning.

A day out, on the yellow bus, would see him at the big buddha monster park.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ballpoint said:

You could tell your mother you are living in Gomorrah and it would still sound more respectable than Pattaya.

Or Sodom...

Edited by grollies
I knew I'd spell it wrong

On 1/20/2019 at 10:37 AM, Nyezhov said:

The problem is I intend to stay single. Is it possible to live upcountry single if you are only an occasional renter?

Yes, but I get the strangest looks when a bar girl finds out I am not married and am loaded with cash...........They alway say "why not"??  "U Koondeo di fra" I always say,  "Why"  "Pom Bi teenai kadai, mai mi kuen put maak"  I can go anywhere I want, whenever I want, and with whomever I want...........they can't wrap their heads around it.  I have lost my business card I had made years ago in Thai and English:

• Yes, I live alone 
  • No you can't live with me
  • No, I don't want a girlfriend
  • No, you can't take care of me
  • No, you can't leave any clothes in my house
  • No, you can't have my email or phone number.
  • I only go shopping alone

I used to hand these out, and sometimes I get a laugh, sometimes they get thrown back at me but the ones that laugh get it and have a steady customer when times are bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Yes, but I get the strangest looks when a bar girl finds out I am not married and am loaded with cash...........They alway say "why not"??  "U Koondeo di fra" I always say,  "Why"  "Pom Bi teenai kadai, mai mi kuen put maak"  I can go anywhere I want, whenever I want, and with whomever I want...........they can't wrap their heads around it.  I have lost my business card I had made years ago in Thai and English:

• Yes, I live alone 
  • No you can't live with me
  • No, I don't want a girlfriend
  • No, you can't take care of me
  • No, you can't leave any clothes in my house
  • No, you can't have my email or phone number.
  • I only go shopping alone

I used to hand these out, and sometimes I get a laugh, sometimes they get thrown back at me but the ones that laugh get it and have a steady customer when times are bad.

So in summary to pick up a bar girl you show them your bank account instead of 1000 baht? Only asking because for the life of me can not figure out how a bar girl would know if you loaded with cash or not 

On 1/20/2019 at 1:27 PM, adammike said:

Hua Hin has gone the way of Pattaya in a smaller scale of course, all the ethnic Thai such has the old style houses have been demolished and have been rebuilt as guest houses including the ubiquitous Irish Pub( good breakfast).It caters to a more middle class visitor for want of a better description more wine with dinner than Chang, it's Thailand so you can always get laid but it's not really a party town. Its got a better beach the seafood restaurants on piers have lost their edge but kept the now very high prices. I prefer Jomtien over Hua Hin it also means I can pop over to Pattaya for any serious shopping or partying.Its also overall more expensive than Pattaya and jomtien.

That is exactly why I chose Jom Tien over Hua Hin, I was quiet, I stay in Jom Tien, I want crazy, its a 10 baht bus ride  -  closer to Bangkok as well, or at least more options of getting there...........

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

So in summary to pick up a bar girl you show them your bank account instead of 1000 baht? Only asking because for the life of me can not figure out how a bar girl would know if you loaded with cash or not 

Maybe the way I dress

Maybe the hotels I stay in

Maybe the gold I wear

Maybe my demeanor

or Maybe its because word of mouth goes a long way - I am not a cheap charlie.

Maybe.

11 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Maybe the way I dress

Maybe the hotels I stay in

Maybe the gold I wear

Maybe my demeanor

or Maybe its because word of mouth goes a long way - I am not a cheap charlie.

Maybe.

So in other word full of bs Thai visa mogul ????