BANGKOK 17 February 2019 11:29
Nyezhov

Help Me Pick My Venue for Next Year

and I had to give up my Amateur Radio hobby as it is seriously restricted here. 

Restricted, but not illegal 🙂 I've had a Thai ham licence for about 16 years, very easy to get if you have a USA ham licence, no test to take, just a trip to the licencing office in Bangkok.

(In Burma, it took me 6 years of pestering the government department before they finally issued me with the first resident ham licence to be issued in 55 years....)

The operating restrictions in Thailand are mainly on power output, but even that has been increased to 1000 W for those with full ham licences.

The Thai Radio amateur Society https://www.qsl.net/rast/ can help you to get your licence.

I have a rig in my house for HF PSK/FT8 use and another HF rig in my pick-up.

Simon

HS0ZIB

XZ2A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BestB said:

no, its 100 times better than Hua HIn😛

Tell your mother you living in Chonburi, Sounds way more respectable 😉

You could tell your mother you are living in Gomorrah and it would still sound more respectable than Pattaya.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude right now my sex drive is sublimated to an insane desire for a steak and a pizza!  If you put a naked hottie in front of me, next to a hunk of Prime Rib and said choose wisely Grasshopper, you know which one I would gobble and it aint the one that talks.

I really fear the anaesthesia is taking a long time to wear off. What on earth prevents you from availing yourself of both options?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I really fear the anaesthesia is taking a long time to wear off. What on earth prevents you from availing yourself of both options?

I guess I could after I pound down the steak and take a post beef nap

On 1/20/2019 at 10:40 AM, owl sees all said:
On 1/20/2019 at 10:27 AM, Nyezhov said:

Dude right now my sex drive is sublimated to an insane desire for a steak and a pizza!  If you put a naked hottie in front of me, next to a hunk of Prime Rib and said choose wisely Grasshopper, you know which one I would gobble and it aint the one that talks.

With that in mind, I would say Ho Kham. There are not too many ladies there that would get you excited and it's on the Mekong river. Its massive attraction is that it's the most northern part of Isaan.

It has everything a farang could want; including peace and quiet.

Why would a single Farang want peace and quiet?   Nyezhov wants to have some fun not turn into a miserable hermit that doesn't do anything.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Why would a single Farang want peace and quiet?   Nyezhov wants to have some fun not turn into a miserable hermit that doesn't do anything.

Ho Kham is not for everyone; a little too quiet for some. But, the OP says he likes Nong Khai which is just up river from Ho Kham (100k). If the OP wants 'fun' he can visit Bueng Kan, So Phisai or Rattanawapi. And if he does want to see hotties, Laos is just a short swim away; although he could not bed them in Laos; they come to you across the river for the night and row, or swim, back in the morning.

A day out, on the yellow bus, would see him at the big buddha monster park.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ballpoint said:

You could tell your mother you are living in Gomorrah and it would still sound more respectable than Pattaya.

Or Sodom...

Edited by grollies
I knew I'd spell it wrong

21 minutes ago, grollies said:

Or Sodom...

Sod that.  I do have standards, you know!

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2019 at 10:37 AM, Nyezhov said:

The problem is I intend to stay single. Is it possible to live upcountry single if you are only an occasional renter?

Yes, but I get the strangest looks when a bar girl finds out I am not married and am loaded with cash...........They alway say "why not"??  "U Koondeo di fra" I always say,  "Why"  "Pom Bi teenai kadai, mai mi kuen put maak"  I can go anywhere I want, whenever I want, and with whomever I want...........they can't wrap their heads around it.  I have lost my business card I had made years ago in Thai and English:

• Yes, I live alone 
  • No you can't live with me
  • No, I don't want a girlfriend
  • No, you can't take care of me
  • No, you can't leave any clothes in my house
  • No, you can't have my email or phone number.
  • I only go shopping alone

I used to hand these out, and sometimes I get a laugh, sometimes they get thrown back at me but the ones that laugh get it and have a steady customer when times are bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Yes, but I get the strangest looks when a bar girl finds out I am not married and am loaded with cash...........They alway say "why not"??  "U Koondeo di fra" I always say,  "Why"  "Pom Bi teenai kadai, mai mi kuen put maak"  I can go anywhere I want, whenever I want, and with whomever I want...........they can't wrap their heads around it.  I have lost my business card I had made years ago in Thai and English:

• Yes, I live alone 
  • No you can't live with me
  • No, I don't want a girlfriend
  • No, you can't take care of me
  • No, you can't leave any clothes in my house
  • No, you can't have my email or phone number.
  • I only go shopping alone

I used to hand these out, and sometimes I get a laugh, sometimes they get thrown back at me but the ones that laugh get it and have a steady customer when times are bad.

So in summary to pick up a bar girl you show them your bank account instead of 1000 baht? Only asking because for the life of me can not figure out how a bar girl would know if you loaded with cash or not 

On 1/20/2019 at 1:27 PM, adammike said:

Hua Hin has gone the way of Pattaya in a smaller scale of course, all the ethnic Thai such has the old style houses have been demolished and have been rebuilt as guest houses including the ubiquitous Irish Pub( good breakfast).It caters to a more middle class visitor for want of a better description more wine with dinner than Chang, it's Thailand so you can always get laid but it's not really a party town. Its got a better beach the seafood restaurants on piers have lost their edge but kept the now very high prices. I prefer Jomtien over Hua Hin it also means I can pop over to Pattaya for any serious shopping or partying.Its also overall more expensive than Pattaya and jomtien.

That is exactly why I chose Jom Tien over Hua Hin, I was quiet, I stay in Jom Tien, I want crazy, its a 10 baht bus ride  -  closer to Bangkok as well, or at least more options of getting there...........

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

So in summary to pick up a bar girl you show them your bank account instead of 1000 baht? Only asking because for the life of me can not figure out how a bar girl would know if you loaded with cash or not 

Maybe the way I dress

Maybe the hotels I stay in

Maybe the gold I wear

Maybe my demeanor

or Maybe its because word of mouth goes a long way - I am not a cheap charlie.

Maybe.

11 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Maybe the way I dress

Maybe the hotels I stay in

Maybe the gold I wear

Maybe my demeanor

or Maybe its because word of mouth goes a long way - I am not a cheap charlie.

Maybe.

So in other word full of bs Thai visa mogul 👍

I have to say Jomtein would be an excellent place to hang your hat for awhile. Food, lodging, night markets, beach within walking distance. Bus direct to BKK. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BestB said:

So in other word full of bs Thai visa mogul 👍

Maybe.   ✌️