Pattaya police arrest thief who stole from foreign tourists while they were swimming

rooster59

3 hours ago, SammyT said:

I don't get why the Thai thief gets to cover his face, yet any westerner who commits even the smallest crime is paraded in front of the media sans-facemask

His face is not covered in the opener i've got, very clear after that superb piece of pointing by the big white bloke!

5 hours ago, wreckingcountry said:

Should get maximum 5 years and 100,000k but he won’t

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

He's got no money so he's not worried about a fine, they'll give him whatever years & it'll be cut in half.

Then he'll get released early & be back on the streets to carry on thieving.

5 hours ago, thequietman said:

Hey Hey Hey!  Easy there on the taxi drivers.

Shortly one will find 5 squillion baht in that taxi and give it back to the farrang.

Patience my friend, patience, ????

Quote of the day. It will not be too long before someone finds and returns black bag filled with cash ????

"Pattaya police arrest thief who stole from foreign tourists while they were swimming"

So why not say "Thai thief"? Yesterday's headline reads "Swiss man accused of theft and overstaying visa faces deportation"

Why not let him have a nice hat like the Swiss guy?

Why does it take 7 coppers to arrest one little Thai guy? (OK - the other 3 were on tea break!)

Ah well - some things never change - the pointing finger is still in evidence (pardon the pun!) 

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Uhhm, is anyone  else wondering how the chap had such easy access into the condominium buildings?  What about the security in the lobby?

He probably just had to show them the key to the room?

5 hours ago, SammyT said:

"I don't get why the Thai thief gets to cover his face, yet any westerner who commits even the smallest crime is paraded in front of the media sans-facemask"

"gets to cover his face" ??? And you got 3 "Likes"!!!

50247576_2302438496456138_3172611905407680512_n.jpg

5 hours ago, SammyT said:

Fair call. However, I don't think I've ever seen a westerner afforded the facemask treatment. Not that I care of course - you commit the crime you take whatever punishment comes at you - often in the form of media and people pointing at you

"I don't think I've ever seen a westerner afforded the facemask treatment"

How about "The Swiss in the Hat" only yesterday?

13 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Such nonsense these reenactments.

Complete waste of time and money.

Strangely they do them in rural areas and for much more serious crimes. There have been riots when some lowlife has been paraded near victims friends and relatives. 

Some antiquated procedure that serves no purpose they insist on. 

On 1/20/2019 at 2:58 PM, roo860 said:

I wouldn't have said the pink cap was mine!emoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It is now the Thai Thief again. Stolen again in front of the magnificent seven noses, as they are going out for some more pointing it disappeared from the table. (check the video)

rgds,

Archived