Jump to content
BANGKOK
lucky2008

TransferWise Beneficiary's bank name

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

Yeah that's true, but basically I did this amount as a "test run". 

 

I have read so many good things about TW, and so many bad things as well. 

 

Supposedly they have shut people down without any notice or explanation. The people who had this happen to them weren't able to get any type of support, and their money now is forever gone. 

 

This new change scares me a bit. Using ACH NY Bangkok for the past year felt really secure. 

I only do UK to Bkk Bank so had no problems yet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I only do UK to Bkk Bank so had no problems yet. 

Same UK to Bkk Bank no problems in 15 months of transfers.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

Yeah that's true, but basically I did this amount as a "test run". 

 

I have read so many good things about TW, and so many bad things as well. 

 

Supposedly they have shut people down without any notice or explanation. The people who had this happen to them weren't able to get any type of support, and their money now is forever gone. 

 

This new change scares me a bit. Using ACH NY Bangkok for the past year felt really secure. 

You can indeed google and find posts where folks says their account was deactivated/shutdown without explanation as if they are saints.  But I'm sure there is more to the story like TW later discovered the person's Identity doc(s) were possibly fake, incoming payment to the person's borderless account or outgoing payment were suspect/violating TW rules, or even a person using another friends bank account to attempt the funding of a transfer. Yes, I saw one complaint where the person who got shutdown said that is the reason but could't understand what's wrong with that since the friend allowed him/helped him to do it.

 

And I'm sure no one's money was lost forever....on hold for a while yes, but not loss forever.  I've read posts where some people were abruptly shutdown, they still have money in their borderless account, but in approx 2 months they received those funds back after TW did more checking to ensure the funds were given back to the real TW account owner.   

 

And for those cases where a person account was shutdown "during" a transfer...funds pulled from the person's bank account or debit/credit card....those funds also made their way back to the bank/card they were pulled from. 

 

Some of these "saints" getting their accounts deactivated have actually committed a sin somewhere but they usually don't mention that in their bitch about TW.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I only do UK to Bkk Bank so had no problems yet. 

 

9 minutes ago, fcgprg said:

Same UK to Bkk Bank no problems in 15 months of transfers.

 

So I've heard and I am tying it out.  What bothers me is the research I've done online.  Go to Google and type in 'Transferwise Consumer Affairs'  then open the link.

 

It really sucks when you cant believe anything you see or read anymore online.  So many companies writing their own third party reviews, and trashing their competitors at the same time. 

 

Online marketing warfare at it's finest.   Luckily we can still count on ThaiVisa to provide real up to date information. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pib said:

You can indeed google and find posts where folks says their account was deactivated/shutdown without explanation as if they are saints.  But I'm sure there is more to the story like TW later discovered the person's Identity doc(s) were possibly fake, incoming payment to the person's borderless account or outgoing payment were suspect/violating TW rules, or even a person using another friends bank account to attempt the funding of a transfer. Yes, I saw one complaint where the person who got shutdown said that is the reason but could't understand what's wrong with that since the friend allowed him/helped him to do it.

 

And I'm sure no one's money was lost forever....on hold for a while yes, but not loss forever.  I've read posts where some people were abruptly shutdown, they still have money in their borderless account, but in approx 2 months they received those funds back after TW did more checking to ensure the funds were given back to the real TW account owner.   

 

And for those cases where a person account was shutdown "during" a transfer...funds pulled from the person's bank account or debit/credit card....those funds also made their way back to the bank/card they were pulled from. 

 

Some of these "saints" getting their accounts deactivated have actually committed a sin somewhere but they usually don't mention that in their bitch about TW.

61 reviews as of 1/1/2019 and 52 of those being 1 star is disturbing. But as I mentioned maybe the Consumer Affairs Site is making their own reviews in order to get TransferWise to participate in their "accreditation program." Anyways, I'm trying it out regardless as per your advise. You were the one that turned me on to the ACH NY Bangkok Bank, so I know what your talking about is always the real deal.   

Edited by lucky2008
sentence correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

61 reviews as of 1/1/2019 and 52 of those being 1 star is disturbing. But as I mentioned maybe the Consumer Affairs Site is making their own reviews in order to get TransferWise to participate in their "accreditation program." Anyways, I'm trying it out regardless as per your advise. You were the one that turned me on to the ACH NY Bangkok Bank, so I know what your talking about is always the real deal.   

Just looked. There are too many ONE * reviews for them all to be true. And on other review sites, many 4 & 5 * reviews. I would give them 5. Never any problems, very fast GBP to THB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Pib said:

But go to Truspilot and over 56K reviews give Transferwise a 5 of 5 star rating.  Only 3% of the reviews on TW are poor or bad.  

 

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/transferwise.com

image.png.d7e06ea752e51c526fb90ba626355a58.png

Yeah I saw that as well.  The company I used to work for had an account with TrustPilot. Let's just say a company can use this site to their advantage as well

if they "know their way around" cyber world.  Call me a pessimist, but it's hard for me to believe the majority of reviews online-but sometimes I just can't help noticing them.  

 

This goes for sites such as TrustPilot, Amazon, TripAdvisor, Consumer Affairs, and a whole whole bunch more.

For those of you that know the power of a content management system software application, you know exactly what I'm talking about.  

 

This is why I rather get first hand experiences from people such as you Pib and the other members on this forum.  

Edited by lucky2008
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Just looked. There are too many ONE * reviews for them all to be true. And on other review sites, many 4 & 5 * reviews. I would give them 5. Never any problems, very fast GBP to THB.

I'm telling you wgdanson it just so hard to believe things nowadays with some of these sites.  

 

I really hope things work out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

Below is a screen shot of from my TW Activity page. The first sceeenshot shows the pop-up which appears when I click View Transfer Details. 

 

As you can see the Beneficiary's bank name defaulted to 002.

 

But when I click on the PDF link, it shows Bangkok Bangkok along with my account number. Second screenshot 

 

For those of you sending from the US do you also have the 002 showing? 

Screenshot_20190121-110301.jpg

Screenshot_20190121-111026.png

I use TW as its cheap, wow you have been charged over 10%....you should get better value somewhere else surely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, baansgr said:

I use TW as its cheap, wow you have been charged over 10%....you should get better value somewhere else surely

This was just a test run I did with a debit. 

 

Normally I'll be sending 3k per month so the fee will be about 32 usd. 

 

Much better than 45 USD++ doing SWIFT

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...