Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 February 2019 12:48
bubbaba

Combination of Income and Bank Balance to equal 800K Baht

Recommended Posts

I have been on Non O Visa, retired for the past few years now. I have no money at present in a Thai Bank. I have in the past only had 65,000 plus baht income which is now being reduced to approximately 40 to 42.000 Baht per month. So my question is - could I have less than 800K in the bank and only 40 or 42K in income monthly to qualify? If so, how much would I be required to hold on deposit in a Thai Bank? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 x 40k = 480k. 800k - 480k = 320k. There's your answer I would have thought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its several years ago and may not be relevant but a friend of mine used this top-up system for his 400,000 marriage extension for several years but then got turned down when they supposedly stopped allowing it. That was Chiang Mai. He then ended up using a lawyer to overcome his lack of 400,000 in the bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bubbaba said:

So my question is - could I have less than 800K in the bank and only 40 or 42K in income monthly to qualify? If so, how much would I be required to hold on deposit in a Thai Bank?

Recent threads only mentioned 800K in bank for no less than 3 months.

A combination method of saving in bank and a monthly amounting to 800K is still in play as I understand it.

The problem is the verification of monthly earning amount to satisfy Thai immigration whether it be combination or the 65,000 per month.

I would go to your immigration office and ask them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Post # 3 is both off topic, and irrelevant to the OP's question. The "Combination Method" is not allowed for Marriage Visas, or extension of same.

Edited by allane
x
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

400k and 32,500?

 

65,000 x 12 doesn't = 800,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

400k and 32,500?

 

65,000 x 12 doesn't = 800,000

The requirement for the combination of income and money in the bank is 800k baht.

400k baht plus 32.500 X 12 only equals 790k baht. You need about 33.5 baht to reach 800k baht. Or put 10k baht more in the bank.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The requirement for the combination of income and money in the bank is 800k baht.

400k baht plus 32.500 X 12 only equals 790k baht. You need about 33.5 baht to reach 800k baht. Or put 10k baht more in the bank.

Yes but people quote 65,000 and that doesn't equal 800,000 pa  (780,000 last time I looked?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was my belief if you had an O A visa issued in your home country then you only have to show (to Immigration in your home country  that you have sufficient funds in your home bank) nothing to do with Thai banks. Is that true or false.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Haso said:

I was my belief if you had an O A visa issued in your home country then you only have to show (to Immigration in your home country  that you have sufficient funds in your home bank) nothing to do with Thai banks. Is that true or false.

You can show the money in a bank in your home country when you apply for a OA visa at a Thai embassy or official consulate.

It only needs to shown in a Thai bank if applying for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration here,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I have asked this before, but, I have a pension plan which only pays out once a year on 1st January, £6000, say 450,000k. for easy maths. That went into my Foreign Currency Account in Bangkok Bank as an International Transfer. I have another similar policy which will pay £4400 in July. Together that is £10400 = Bht 425,00. I do need some of that money to pay health insurances, car insurance scholl fees etc.

Now I want to deposit 40k every month for the next 10 month = Bht 400,000. So togehter I have brought into Thailand 425 + 400 = 825,000. Divide this by 12 and it averages out at 68,750 per month. ANYONE, would this be acceptable do you think please?

Is it 65k every month and you can spend as much of that as you want, or a lesser amount, topped up to 800k, but that top-up must stay in the bank, and have been there for 3 months? Confusing.

I shall try to put this down on paper and ask my IO, but as we know, it is not always interpretated the same.

Edited by wgdanson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious... Has anyone successfully done the combo method using the new rules?... Another thread reported that they were denied extensions...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Now I want to deposit 40k every month for the next 10 month = Bht 400,000. So togehter I have brought into Thailand 425 + 400 = 825,000. Divide this by 12 and it averages out at 68,750 per month. ANYONE, would this be acceptable do you think please?

There is no averaging of income mentioned for extensions based upon retirement.

You could put the 400k baht in bank and then show transfers into the the country of 40k baht in the month to reach the 800k baht total of the 2 using combination option.

8 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Is it 65k every month and you can spend as much of that as you want, or a lesser amount, topped up to 800k, but that top-up must stay in the bank, and have been there for 3 months? Confusing.

If you transfer 65k baht into the country every month you can do whatever you want to the money.

If using the 800k baht in the bank option you must have it in the bank for 3 month on the date you apply for the extension.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Curious... Has anyone successfully done the combo method using the new rules?... Another thread reported that they were denied extensions...

I have seen no reports of anybody using the combination yet this year using the income portion going into a bank yet for proof.

There has been one report of an office refusing to accept an application using the combination option. It seems to be some offices are still confused about what is required since it is not clearly shown in the changes as to what is accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...