Combination of Income and Bank Balance to equal 800K Baht

The 800k baht method is the same as before. Must be seasoned for two months for first extension and three for all subsequent.

The new thing is the income method rules without embassy letters. The rule is 12 months back but because this is new leniency will be shown this first year. So first year you can likely get away with less than 12 months back.

I can't provide specific technical details defining the exact parameters of this first year leniency. That isn't even in the immigration memo.

But it's not really rocket science going forward. If you want to do 65k income applications start transfers of at least 65k monthly for as many months as you plan to stay in Thailand before a new annual extension application. In order words start now and don't stop.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Please... :angry::angry::angry:

When will you stop to bring your story of O-A visa in threads that are about Retirement Extension only !!!

You probably get this request from others more than 10 times already ! But you continue !!! :sad::sad::sad:

I'll be happy to stop when people stop asking the same question.  I really don't mind.  It will probably take another 100 times to get the full story across to those people with needs to know.  My experience is that even if there are 100 pages of 20 post in each the average poster only reads the last 3 or 4 pages.  They don't go back far, with human nature I don't think that's gunna change soon.

2 minutes ago, ecoscape said:

sorry if this is off topic but how long is the seasoning of 400,000 for renewal of extension based on marriage? It states three months is that date to date or three complete months before the month when the extension is due?

Seasoning rules are always based on the date of application for new extension rather than the date of expiration of the current permission to stay. No time is lost on the new extension by applying before the expiration date and it is recommended to apply early, typically one month early. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ecoscape said:

sorry if this is off topic but how long is the seasoning of 400,000 for renewal of extension based on marriage? It states three months is that date to date or three complete months before the month when the extension is due?

For an extension based upon marriage the money has to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension. The 3 months is for a extension based upon retirement.

18 hours ago, ecoscape said:

It is 2 months before applying, per the published rules.  But, at some offices (including the head-office), they are beginning to add an extra month of seasoning, after applying, during the "under consideration" period. 

After they accept your application, be sure and ask if you are permitted to begin spending your money at that point, in case they are running this scam at the office serving your area.