Illegal to paint your house?

9 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Why would you want to change the colour?
emoji21.pngvincent-leroux-5%5B10%5D.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Are you colour blind or something? It is easy to see why he needs to repaint. Just look at the section at the end of the house above the gate and you will see that he has used the same colours twice and he MUST change them so that there are no 2 panels with the same colour on them.

19 hours ago, wombat said:

forget about the outside...go ballistic on the inside, you don't live on the outside looking in.

I knew an American renter that did exactly that when she departed, the landlord wouldn't give her the two months deposit back, some 70,000 baht - unless she repainted it - her lease was translated and there was no clause what color it had to be painted, so she hired a company to pain every room Black with Outdoor Oil Paint.  Of course he still wouldn't give her the deposit back - she left country at peace with the knowledge it would cost him a real pretty satang having oil paint removed to repaint his apartment so he could rent again.  Sometimes the Dragon doesn't win.

On 1/21/2019 at 2:16 PM, Just Weird said:

If you don't the owners/housing association or whatever can take action against you.

Which means beat the shit out of you or make your life hell. Cause it's not like they ever care about their own laws, but they sure get angry when you cross them.

3 hours ago, AtoZ said:

Which means beat the shit out of you or make your life hell. Cause it's not like they ever care about their own laws, but they sure get angry when you cross them.

No, it doesn't.   Laws do not necessarily affect the agreements leaseholders sign so whether they care about them or not is immaterial. 

Housing associations/community are not known for predilections to beat the shit out of leaseholders.   Those who do not like the lease regulations (unlike 99% of all the other owners) do not have to sign the lease so there would be no risk of "having the shit beat out of them or their life being made hell" even if that risk did exist.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:57 PM, SS1 said:

You could vinyl wrap the house instead.. then it's not paint and removable. Same with cars and bikes, if wrapping vs. painting no need to change colour in the greenbook ????

"Same with cars and bikes, if wrapping vs. painting no need to change colour in the greenbook".

I know that you're jesting and it's off-topic but, yes, there is; if the main colour of a vehicle is changed the LTD has to be informed and details in the bluebook altered accordingly, wrap, or paint it's immaterial.

On 1/21/2019 at 6:56 PM, roo860 said:

Why would you want to change the colour?
emoji21.pngvincent-leroux-5%5B10%5D.jpeg

I like it.

Bit of Modernism, Constructivism, Suprematism?

Suprematism, both these paintings by a major exponent (Malevich). The first is in the style, the second after Stalin imposed his will upon the Soviet Union (it is a self portrait):

image.png.7d5d2cda15ba3056ef3895940afe533f.png

image.png.145a280562257faa7cecf3da1fdbc01e.png

Bit of Modernism, Constructivism, Suprematism?

Suprematism, both these paintings by a major exponent (Malevich). The first is in the style, the second after Stalin imposed his will upon the Soviet Union (it is a self portrait):

image.png.7d5d2cda15ba3056ef3895940afe533f.png

image.png.145a280562257faa7cecf3da1fdbc01e.png

Which one is the self portrait?

It does not matter who owns what , to change colour of a house in a gated community requires,

A. To check the  covenants of the community as to if possible

B. Get written permission from the Juristic Committee or Management

Good Luck but I doubt you will be able to

I recall years back, a celebrity who covered over most front walls, and replaced all front glass - with mirrors

memory still scratching? for details...

but it was quite impressive nevertheless! and most of the street hated it, for the undue attention...

On 1/21/2019 at 6:39 AM, VocalNeal said:

In similar situations in the west. There are even community regulations that limit the colour you can display with the curtains/drapes closed, to white.

Cannot hang laundry outside . etc, etc...

I suggest the OP simply paints the house the same colour or as close as he can get.

Yep, I can confirm that, I owned a brand new house in a rural village in the Essex countryside, in the 3rd schedule it was stated that the front door could only be painted Gloss Black, the window frames had to be painted Gloss White & the garage up and over door a particular shade of Red (Post Office Red) I think, so not beyond the Thais to have similar bye laws or local area requirements. HTH 

Just now, tifino said:

time to 'declare' colour blindness! ????????????????

It's not exactly a black and white case, just various shades of grey.

(Except if you're an ageing London gangster, where crime isn't black and white, but various shades of Kray.)

I live in a moo baan house in Nonthaburi.. The gated village has about 350 townhouses, most of which have original colors of apricot, creme and beige.. 

Over the past 12 mths some have renovated to sell, and changed to grey and pale blue pallet tones for the externals. I would say there would be about 10% now in the new color scheme.. And another estate 500m up the road is the same.. Again older than 10 yrs.. 

Have you checked all over your village to see if 100% are in original color scheme, or whether any other owners have changed their color pallet? This village, and I'm only a renter, is about 12 yrs old.. The aesthetics of the new color scheme would make a property far more saleable than one kept in its original colors.. 

Just check out every soi in your secured village and see if anyone else has made a color change.. And then check out your village by laws to see what is in print.. 

On 1/20/2019 at 4:41 PM, JAFO said:

Ahhhh..the painful woes of living in a gated community with HOA (Home Owners Association) rules, policies and limitations. Best to go talk to whoever runs the community. They must have an office. Its likely you can't do much, if anything to your house, other than just live in it. 

Ahhhh, the freedom on not living in a gated community with HOA (Home Owners Association) rules.

It's a lot easier for those of us who don't feel the least bit threatened living in Thai communities without any fellow foreigners or security guards guarding the front gates.  Instead, we have neighbors, a pack of dogs, and a tight-knit village community where everyone knows everyone else's business, and things like theft are a community problem, and as such, get the entire community's attention when they happen which ain't often.  And we can modify our property on a whim and it's nobody's business but our own.  If I want to paint my house pink, then pink it is.  At the moment, it's getting a new coat of green that goes with the present decor and garden.  To each their own.  :thumbsup:

Hi y'all. Thanks for all the comments. Problem solved as the land owner/company didn't complain about the color when they visited. It is obviously a nice enough colorscheme for them. The other houses looks like vanilla icecream scoopes. Ours is a bit more discrete.

IMG_20181027_174107_575.jpg

On 1/28/2019 at 1:12 PM, Shovel78 said:

Ours is a bit more discrete.

Looks pretty good to me ????

Looking at next door I suspect you are close enough to the original that they're happy.

I expect that going fluorescent green and purple may have netted a rather different reaction.

Archived