Help Me Im starving

Nyezhov

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So OP, why subject yourself to this type of diet? Doctor mandated? Health issues? What was your calorie intake before this new 1200 target?. As I was told, anything that you eat that tastes good is bad for you. ????

All kidding aside its all about portion size and some basic exercise. You can eat anything you want in moderation. I could not imagine giving up foods I enjoy, I simply wouldn't do it. However my diet probably hovers in the 1000 to 1400 calorie range anyway plus I am physically active. 

1 minute ago, JAFO said:

So OP, why subject yourself to this type of diet? Doctor mandated? Health issues? What was your calorie intake before this new 1200 target?. As I was told, anything that you eat that tastes good is bad for you. ????

All kidding aside its all about portion size and some basic exercise. You can eat anything you want in moderation. I could not imagine giving up foods I enjoy, I simply wouldn't do it. However my diet probably hovers in the 1000 to 1400 calorie range anyway plus I am physically active. 

Got to lose 20 kilo and knock my chloresterol down and just had a stent last weekend.

I got no problem with the sodas, they are bad for you. and the 7-11 pies...welll....but a thick juicy 1 kilo Prime rib?......ugggggg, save me

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Cardiologist said no keto. Balanced healthy diet. I feel like I'm withdrawing from drugs. the thought of stir fried Chinese broccoli and a piece of chicken breast for dinner tonight makes me want to fly off the balcony. maybe I'll go see if the fruit guy is outside and I'll gorge myself on papaya.

What you are eating is not a "balanced helathy diet". It is an extreme.

The best diet is the one you can actually stick to which is obviously not this.

Was the 1200 calories the cardiologists suggestion???

For a western male more like 1800 would be reasonable for gradual weight loss. 1-2 slices of whole wheat bread is OK, so is brown rice and modest servings of whole wheat pasta.

there is no need to track fat and cholesterol (and not all cholesterol is unhealhty). Just no processed foods and avoid or at least minimize saturated fats --  but do consume some unsaturated fats, it will help you feel full plus a balanced diet requires fatty acids.

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

Was the 1200 calories the cardiologists suggestion???

he said 1200 would be great, 1500 is OK.

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The best diet is the one you can actually stick to which is obviously not this.

Oh Im sticking to it, Im just miserable ????

But I just treated myself to a grilled pork steak. Good thing I walked off some calories

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Just no processed foods and avoid or at least minimize saturated fats --  but do consume some unsaturated fats, it will help you feel full plus a balanced diet requires fatty acids

Thats what hurts...I feel like Im withdrawing from processed foods.

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Got to lose 20 kilo and knock my chloresterol down and just had a stent last weekend.

Well good luck on your goal. As with anything its about gradual reduction not just a hard stop. Its not healthy and puts stress on you. Weight loss should be a gradual process because with that discipline it will stay off. If you lose weight quickly, it is likely you will gain a good portion back. Its a lifestyle change.

healthy diet now for a week. No beef, sausage, bread, cheese, butter, icecream, sodas, croissants, pies and anything good.

i have been eating like that for 30 years. and i have very few health problems. i eat no white refined sugar in any form. no pasta or bread or wheat. two glasses of red wine on Saturday nights. no beer.

stopped drinking soda in 1984.

breakfast is two eggs, salmon. spinach and one whole tomato. substitute broccoli, sweet potatoes. black coffee.

sometimes oats and oat bran with blueberries. Being bad is corn flakes and Almond milk and bananas. 

lunch is 1/2 roast chicken, salad, oil and vinegar, Japanese sweet potatoes. broccoli. vegetables lightly steamed or raw.  

Dinner is more chicken or fish. salad. broccoli. spinach, kale. vegetables lightly steamed or raw.  

desert is purple grapes.

no meds, no high blood pressure, look 10 years younger than I am, big boom boom.  

when I first came to Thailand I was 58 and they looked at me at immigration and said I was too young for a retirement visa. they were serious.

just saying this to anyone who will listen. it is never too late to change. not that hard. and you can eat all you want as long as you exercise everyday by walking or doing something to burn some calories.  

1 minute ago, JAFO said:

Well good luck on your goal. As with anything its about gradual reduction not just a hard stop. Its not healthy and puts stress on you. Weight loss should be a gradual process because with that discipline it will stay off. If you lose weight quickly, it is likely you will gain a good portion back. Its a lifestyle change.

Honestly I was pounding down waaaay to many sodas and not enough fruits and veggies. Im hoping that this is just sugar withdrawal

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

he said 1200 would be great, 1500 is OK.

Oh Im sticking to it, Im just miserable ????

But I just treated myself to a grilled pork steak. Good thing I walked off some calories

Thats what hurts...I feel like Im withdrawing from processed foods.

That sounds more like guidance for Thai man than a western one unless you are of very small build and extremely sedentary. The average western man burns around 25000 calories a day.   1800 or even 2000 cal/day is usual for a healthy gradual weight loss plan for a Western man.

But cutting out the processed food, that really is necessary and nto just for weight loss. Processed foods are very unhealthy.

You need to find healthy foods that you actually like. And a diet you can stay on long term, otherwise even if you lose weight you'll put it right back on again.

Do not care what anyone says , I have used herbal life in the past to shed some 35 kg, used it again 2 months ago and lost 24kg, no starving , easy and it works and no you do not gain back the weight unless you start eating like a pig again

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

when I first came to Thailand I was 58 and they looked at me at immigration and said I was too young for a retirement visa. they were serious.

How old are you now ????

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

breakfast is two eggs, salmon. spinach and one whole tomato. substitute broccoli, sweet potatoes.

sometimes oats and oat bran. Being bad is corn flakes and Almond milk. 

lunch is 1/2 roast chicken, salad, oil and vinegar, Japanese sweet potatoes. broccoli. vegetables lightly steamed or raw.  

Dinner is more chicken or fish. salad. broccoli. vegetables lightly steamed or raw.  

desert is purple grapes.

Thays really what I am trying to accomplish. For example todays lunch was oatmeal with some honey. Todays lunch was a can of drained tuna in spring water, salad, one tablespoon mayo. Dinner was a pork steak and fruit.

I think its the cold turkey on the processed and refined stuff that is getting me.

Cardiologist said no keto. Balanced healthy diet. I feel like I'm withdrawing from drugs. the thought of stir fried Chinese broccoli and a piece of chicken breast for dinner tonight makes me want to fly off the balcony. maybe I'll go see if the fruit guy is outside and I'll gorge myself on papaya.

He's having a laugh. First thing I ate, within an hour of having a stent fitted, was a BLT and a can of fat Coke. Did have the BLT with wholemeal bread, though.

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

But cutting out the processed food, that really is necessary and nto just for weight loss. Processed foods are very unhealthy.

You need to find healthy foods that you actually like. And a diet you can stay on long term, otherwise even if you lose weight you'll put it right back on again.

I could live on Srai Grok and Sankaya ????

Or Prime Rib and French fries ????

The pork steak hit the spot. Now I am munching grapes ???? I feel revived.

I think the thing is just getting used to eat healthier

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

He's having a laugh. First thing I ate, within an hour of having a stent fitted, was a BLT and a can of fat Coke. Did have the BLT with wholemeal bread, though.

I love you..... in a decent manly way of course.

11 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I could live on Srai Grok and Sankaya ????

Or Prime Rib and French fries ????

The pork steak hit the spot. Now I am munching grapes ???? I feel revived.

I think the thing is just getting used to eat healthier

You can have all of those foods, and anything else you want, if you follow one simple rule.

In every 24 hours, only eat within an 8-hour window, and fast for 16 hours. This is so easy to do, it means not much more than skipping breakfast. Finish eating/drinking at 9pm, then nothing more until 1pm (except water, black unsweetened tea or coffee). It's much easier to stick to than a calorie-controlled diet; it only takes a couple of days to get used to.

There is now plenty of science behind this notion of Intermittent Fasting (and longer fasts). Most importantly, it gives your GI tract some time off, which the body uses to carry out general repairs.

Check this out: https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/intermittent-fasting/

As the saying goes: "What did Jesus, Mohammed, and Buddha have in common? They all believed in the physical and spiritual benefits of fasting."

29 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

How old are you now ????

29 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I think its the cold turkey on the processed and refined stuff that is getting me.

i have a grocery list app. i buy the same things every time. part of this is not bringing bad food into the house. and don't think of it as being on a diet, you are changing your lifestyle forever. 

six days a year I eat and drink what ever I want. Christmas, New Years, my birthday, Fourth of July, girlfriend number one's birthday and one day during Songkran.  

Cardiologist said no keto. Balanced healthy diet. 

You are placing your trust and health in the hands of a Doctor, sounds like a Thai Doctor also, you are a very trusting chap, you deserve a bravery award ????️

Dont think this would do you or any of us any good, but i bet it tastes nice , thinking about it maybe not so much toast though!
29357204_1687500051305600_4002196147278970880_n.jpg.336112ab1773a16d9e3d6a8969a3c533.jpg
Take away the beans as well plus the snags as they probably have sugar and filler and what's left is a near zero carb meal. Keto perfection [emoji108]

There is a lot of debate whether hi fat or lean low fat is the best. Lot of myths debunked in the last 10 years, eggs especially.

But no good for the OP. Thailand is tough to low cal diet as the smell of BBQ food is ever where

17 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

As the saying goes: "What did Jesus, Mohammed, and Buddha have in common? They all believed in the physical and spiritual benefits of fasting."

And, apparently, they all suffered from constipation.

8 minutes ago, KhunProletariat said:

Hope you are enjoying your can of Tuna.

KP.

steak.jpg

Cheap Plonk, inferior Thai steak (unless you are gone already) and a paper plate. Ho hum. Go see Opl for some class...

Archived