Help Me Im starving

Nyezhov

I don't know if your doctor told you but I was told that I could never eat or drink grapefruit again. Apparently, it interacts with one of the drugs that I'm taking, which are very similar to yours.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spidey said:

I don't know if your doctor told you but I was told that I could never eat or drink grapefruit again. Apparently, it interacts with one of the drugs that I'm taking, which are very similar to yours.

Yes no Grapefruit and Statins. Noi more hours trying to peel pomelos for me

5 minutes ago, KhunProletariat said:

Still beats your can 'o' tuna though, eh?

Yep, thought so.

KP.

Not by much, if at all. If you are gonna drink wine there at your new home in California, you could have picked something thats not cheaply blended to imitate California Vintages.

But hey know that we know where you are, the steak is probably not bad. Bet its a Whole Foods Grass Fed Enviro steak from cows that have tubes inserted to recycle methane farts and who are slaughtered by semi naked maidens dressed like Gaia who sing lullabies whilst drugging the poor walking meat 

2 minutes ago, elliss said:

i  had  a 7/11  burger last night , yummy  so cheap . CCs delight .

Gave the french fries a miss , progress at last.

The chicken steak burgers at 7-11 are quite tasty. They have no nutrition information on the label, which means you can eat as many as you like as they are free from everything except flavour

15 minutes ago, Opl said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "monbazillac"Résultat de recherche d'images pour "spaghetti al vongole"

linguini al vongole + Monbazillac

After my heart attack and stent fitted, that would be a perfectly acceptable part of my diet for lunch, except, only one glass of wine and a smaller portion of linguini.

My diet was prescribed for me by my therapist.

Breakfast: Bowl of museli with fresh fruit.

Off to the gym and then pretty much what I fancied for lunch. Moderate portion and no processed food.

Evening meal should be low fat and zero carbs. Big bowl of salad and a spicy, herby chicken breast with the skin remove was the norm.

Yes, beer as well. A 6K walk helps as well. I am doing the same from next week. I need to lose some
A 6k walk will be about 300 calories +-50, although good for you it won't have much an impact on weight loss. You have to do lots of exercise (i burned 2000 calories cycling today) or eat a lot less

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

no processed food.

Thats apparently the key. I just walked over to 7-11 and said goodbye to the pies and microwave meals. I held some of that pink sausage for a lingering moment and put it down. The Ham wouldnt let me go, finally I pulled myself away and ran from the store, tears streaming down my cheeks, only to collapse with emotion in the corner near the dumpster, sobbing brokenly, a shell of who I once was........

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

what did you pay for that bottle of wine?

Its $10.99 at Aces Liquors in Fresno. You find it next to the Morgan Davis and one shelf below the Taylor Vintage Port, 2019.

11 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats apparently the key. I just walked over to 7-11 and said goodbye to the pies and microwave meals. I held some of that pink sausage for a lingering moment and put it down. The Ham wouldnt let me go, finally I pulled myself away and ran from the store, tears streaming down my cheeks, only to collapse with emotion in the corner near the dumpster, sobbing brokenly, a shell of who I once was........

99% of what is sold in 7/11 is poison. there is no food there.

water, bananas, hard boiled eggs, almond milk, corn flakes, can tuna and other fish. there may be one or two other things. but that is it. 

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

99% of what is sold in 7/11 is poison. there is no food there.

water, bananas, hard boiled eggs, almond milk, corn flakes, can tuna and other fish. there maybe one or two other things. but that is it. 

The Cheese filled sausages....the Pies........Im still outside the 7-11 with a crowd of Thai folks staring at me, just clawing at the glass and weeping like a Buzzfeed Editor,  remembering the good times...when I could go out, drink all night, smoke a Pack of Humps and a doobie, eat a chicken fried steak and mashed Spam with Garlic butter, then finish up gobbling a 7-11 Pie or three and some Hagen Daaz whilst writhing in the arms of a lubricious wench....gone...all....gone....

NO MORE! I must be strong! Broccoli! Slivers of white meat chicken breast! Lukewarm water! Tofu! Chia seeds!

its a Brave new World for me...Im...frightened...thank you all so much for taking me by the hand and guiding me to the light of healthy eating!

2 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

For an older male. No need for Rice, Spuds, Bread, Noodles or beer. Get the carbs from fresh fruit and veggies. 

For an older male, get as much rice, spuds, bread, noodles and beer as you can. You do not know how much older you are going to get.

1 hour ago, RickBradford said:

In every 24 hours, only eat within an 8-hour window, and fast for 16 hours. This is so easy to do, it means not much more than skipping breakfast. Finish eating/drinking at 9pm, then nothing more until 1pm

Or why not eat a healthy breakfast, porrige or muesli, a very light lunch and then nothing after 4pm. Nothing then lying in your belly all night.

19 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I am in the US now so many more food resources available to me .

Two months ago I decided to go vegetarian, Just to see what happens. No moral objections to consuming  meat, just health concerns. Easy for me because I like vegetables. 

Merds: statin 20 mg, blood pressure 20 mg, low dose aspirin, omeprazole for stomach acid.

I take a multivitamin  every day plus magnesium supplement 

So, no red meat,no dairy,  no chicken, or pork, but I eat some fish (mostly wild caught salmon) , Tuna Fish salad (lite tuna, less mercury toxicity) , egg whites only.

Last week I started cutting back on my meds,  Statin cut in half 10 mg BP med cut in half 10 mg.  I have not checked my Cholesterol levels yet, I will give it a month at half statin but BP 124/70  heart rate 60 bpm. 

I said earlier that it is easier because I am in the US where I have access to chemical free (at least safer) vegetables and many veggie burger, veggie crumple, veggie sausages that are surprisingly tasty , Will be back in Thailand this May and will see then how easy it will be. 

Just took my BP 135/70  heart rate 51 bpm (last time I took my reduced BP med was 24 hrs ago)

4 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Or why not eat a healthy breakfast, porrige or muesli, a very light lunch and then nothing after 4pm. Nothing then lying in your belly all night.

And toss and turn all night from hunger?

I think that fasting actually does work from what I read. My kid fasts once a week. I have been trying to figure out the best way to do it. I like the idea of no food after a certain hour, Im just wondering if it would work for me.

Maybe @Sheryl can wade in past all of the sillness you guys are posting and give me some fasting advice.

Just now, Nyezhov said:

And toss and turn all night from hunger?

I think that fasting actually does work from what I read. My kid fasts once a week. I have been trying to figure out the best way to do it. I like the idea of no food after a certain hour, Im just wondering if it would work for me.

Maybe @Sheryl can wade in past all of the sillness you guys are posting and give me some fasting advice.

Toss all night from hunger or feel woozy or get indegestion cos you don't eat til 1pm. You can't win.

And stop being a Cheap Charlie....give that kid food on Saturdays please.   5555

Archived