Help Me Im starving

Nyezhov

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just eat what you like to eat and enjoy life!

sheraton-grande-12.jpg

Thats what kills me here. Ill take the BTS to BNH tomorrow to see the Doc, get off at Sala Daeng and walk past Yamizaki, bread King, Donut Land, Fat Pills Here, Mr. Lard Bakery......

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am in the US now so many more food resources available to me .

Two months ago I decided to go vegetarian, Just to see what happens. No moral objections to consuming  meat, just health concerns. Easy for me because I like vegetables. 

Merds: statin 20 mg, blood pressure 20 mg, low dose aspirin, omeprazole for stomach acid.

I take a multivitamin  every day plus magnesium supplement 

So, no red meat,no dairy,  no chicken, or pork, but I eat some fish (mostly wild caught salmon) , Tuna Fish salad (lite tuna, less mercury toxicity) , egg whites only.

Last week I started cutting back on my meds,  Statin cut in half 10 mg BP med cut in half 10 mg.  I have not checked my Cholesterol levels yet, I will give it a month at half statin but BP 124/70  heart rate 60 bpm. 

I said earlier that it is easier because I am in the US where I have access to chemical free (at least safer) vegetables and many veggie burger, veggie crumple, veggie sausages that are surprisingly tasty , Will be back in Thailand this May and will see then how easy it will be. 

Just took my BP 135/70  heart rate 51 bpm (last time I took my reduced BP med was 24 hrs ago)

As far as I am concerned, blood pressure readings mean nothing unless taken regularly ie twice a day, morning and evening. I do this and it can vary from 117/74 one evening to 145/90 the next morning. I have an app into which I put my readings and it averages them out, morning  evening and overall for one two three months. Then you will know if your meds are doing any good.

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

As far as I am concerned, blood pressure readings mean nothing unless taken regularly ie twice a day, morning and evening. I do this and it can vary from 117/74 one evening to 145/90 the next morning. I have an app into which I put my readings and it averages them out, morning  evening and overall for one two three months. Then you will know if your meds are doing any good.

please send me the app name

Just now, NCC1701A said:

he did that already and that is why he is just now recovering from a heart attack.

a NSTEMI actually. And they did a wonderful job. Perfect according to the AMA guidelines in fact.

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

a NSTEMI actually. And they did a wonderful job. Perfect according to the AMA guidelines in fact.

'Kinnel, if I had non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction, I think I would pop me clogs.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
3 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:
Yes, beer as well. A 6K walk helps as well. I am doing the same from next week. I need to lose some

A 6k walk will be about 300 calories +-50, although good for you it won't have much an impact on weight loss. You have to do lots of exercise (i burned 2000 calories cycling today) or eat a lot less

Depends what the 6K walk is. Inclined and speed. 

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I have this calorie counter app, I would only get like a spoonful of yoghurt. 

Yeah a spoonful. Or even one of those pathetic mini Thai cups. I have the urge to fill up the sink with yoghurt and just dunk my face in and start slurping.

I would change my doctor. Look on the internet. I don't know your age but I am guessing you are no spring chicken. There is tons of stuff on youtube. I find apple cider and bone broth a real help. 

27 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Toss all night from hunger or feel woozy or get indegestion cos you don't eat til 1pm. You can't win.

And stop being a Cheap Charlie....give that kid food on Saturdays please.   5555

From personal experience, I know that I don't feel woozy or get indigestion by skipping breakfast. Any hunger pangs at around 8am are simply conditioning; the brain expects food at that hour and complains when it doesn't get it.  A litre of water takes care of that.

We've all heard the slogan "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." That originated in a 1944 advertising campaign by General Foods for a cereal called Grape Nuts.

Only eating between 8am and 4pm may work for some, the principle is exactly the same. I just find that it's easier the other way; when I wake up I have already gone 10 or 11 hours without eating, and to extend that a bit further is no effort.

Fasting works rather like exercise; tough when you first start doing it, but gets easier with regular practice.

44 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

And toss and turn all night from hunger?

I think that fasting actually does work from what I read. My kid fasts once a week. I have been trying to figure out the best way to do it. I like the idea of no food after a certain hour, Im just wondering if it would work for me.

Maybe @Sheryl can wade in past all of the sillness you guys are posting and give me some fasting advice.

I have an evening meal around 1800 and then do not eat again until 1300 the next day. It's easy; don't feel hungry and there is a very pleasant feeling of lightness. Gives your body a chance to rest and repair. Jason Fung on YouTube has a load of information,

Sai ua ( Northern Thai sausage ), kimchi ( Korean pickled vegetables ), tomato, olives stuffed with pimento, iceberg lettuce, cucumber. Wash down with a can of Leo. For dessert, Australian Greek style yoghurt, plus a mix of mango and pineapple. Guaranteed to please your medicos, with the side benefit it will make you astonishingly regular.

44 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Maybe @Sheryl can wade in past all of the sillness you guys are posting and give me some fasting advice.

I fast 16 hours a day. I just drink Americano Coffee in-between that time, no sugars.

The other 8 hours, I eat when I want but in general, I eat maybe twice during this period 1600-1800 calories (decent food - salmons, pork chop, veggies with Olive Oil with one piece of fruit). The hardest part is the first week as you detox from all the shit you ate before and that fact that you feel hungry all the time. Suddenly the hunger goes away and you start dropping weight. If you exercise (walking for two hours a day - easy to do in a shopping center), the weight stays off. 

I drop about 4kg a week to start with for a fortnight and then about 1kg a week afterward till I even out. I have tried many diets but fasting is pretty much straight-forward and very easy to do. The hardest part is detoxing from all the rubbish you ate before but once that is out of your system and you start to eat more balanced foods that are good for you (Fish, Chicken, Pork and some Beef) in the RIGHT amounts with clean veggies, you will start to feel full all the time. I do like to eat a few nuts at times (maybe twice a week) but not in great quantities. Drink plenty of water during the day and at regular times, as that helps keep you hydrated and less chance for you to feel hungry. I drink two Americano's a day and steer clear of all cakes. 

I did Weight Watchers in the U.S. and they suggested making a big pot of homemade veggie soup, using fresh or frozen veggies, not canned and keeping it around during the first couple weeks so you could eat it "for free", i.e. not counting it toward your daily food limit, anytime you felt like you were starving.  Notice it has "Zero" points.  In the WW system, you're allotted so many points each day, based on your weight and activity level, so it's always great to find a Zero point food or recipe.  There aren't many.  

https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/recipe/fresh-vegetable-soup-1/5626a5f0a6d5b396106fecef

Oh and Nyezhoz, the only reason you should ever go into a 7/11 is to pay your electricity bill!

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

ordered with BP watch from Amazon only $45 will have it wednesday.

71iSNaBSffL._SL1100_.jpg

Thank you again

What is this machine please. Does it monitor your BP continually.

I had a Philips wrist-monitor but was told by a Doctor that the artery in your wrist is not big enough to give an accurate reading. 

8 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

What is this machine please. Does it monitor your BP continually.

I had a Philips wrist-monitor but was told by a Doctor that the artery in your wrist is not big enough to give an accurate reading. 

Follow the link to amazon 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DL4T18V/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is a description there, and a lot of info, I order it because it got good reviews, read some of the reviews, it will give you some insight from users, it also has questions answered on the answer and question section.

I am also skeptical, I will follow up after I have used it for a while. My concern is that even if it is accurate, I will destroy it quick ,because I am very active, and a bull in a china shop.

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Follow the link to amazon 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DL4T18V/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is a description there, and a lot of info, I order it because it got good reviews, read some of the reviews, it will give you some insight from users, it also has questions answered on the answer and question section.

I am also skeptical, I will follow up after I have used it for a while. My concern is that even if it is accurate, I will destroy it quick ,because I am very active, and a bull in a china shop.

Just read the link on Amazon....9.6 inch display???????

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Believe it or not....BPWatch. Omron monitor machine Bht 1800 from Tesco.

I use an Omron monitor bought from Amazon in UK.

Shove the results and time of readings into an Excel spreadsheet and have it work out averages over hours, days, months, whatever.

Maybe ease up a bit and allow yourself some extra calories if it helps you keep moving in the right direction, don't binge but give yourself a day off as a reward sometimes.

I drank litres of regular Coke and Pepsi Max for years. Stopped and went through three weeks of withdrawal symptoms... took two years before the craving completely went away. Did have the occasional Jack Coke for a few more years but stopped all soft drink six months ago, not missing it, thought I would.

Learn to love water, keeps you feeling full, less hungry.

Last three months I started on Apple Cider Vinegar. Morning and evening 15mls in a glass of water drunk through a straw. I feel it has taken the edge off my appetite. My wife can't believe I no longer have a donut or slice of cake every time I have a coffee or cup of tea. I rarely snack anymore, especially late at night which has always been my big weakness. My weight had been the same for a long time. A bit of running helped but for the first time in a long time I'm actually losing some midriff fat.

Stick to your diet, you know the end results will be worth it. 

1 hour ago, kkerry said:

Maybe ease up a bit and allow yourself some extra calories if it helps you keep moving in the right direction, don't binge but give yourself a day off as a reward sometimes.

I drank litres of regular Coke and Pepsi Max for years. Stopped and went through three weeks of withdrawal symptoms... took two years before the craving completely went away. Did have the occasional Jack Coke for a few more years but stopped all soft drink six months ago, not missing it, thought I would.

Learn to love water, keeps you feeling full, less hungry.

Last three months I started on Apple Cider Vinegar. Morning and evening 15mls in a glass of water drunk through a straw. I feel it has taken the edge off my appetite. My wife can't believe I no longer have a donut or slice of cake every time I have a coffee or cup of tea. I rarely snack anymore, especially late at night which has always been my big weakness. My weight had been the same for a long time. A bit of running helped but for the first time in a long time I'm actually losing some midriff fat.

Stick to your diet, you know the end results will be worth it. 

I agree about the sugary fizzy drinks - took me a while to get off them but glad i did.

I find fresh fruit in fizzy water just as enjoyable - still fructose but far better than the processed sucrose and chemicals in most commercial drinks.

I don't think i could keep apple cider vinegar down - I just poured a little drop into a glass and tried it and nearly gagged!  It works on food but I don't think that's for me.

If you can burn a few more calories than you can afford to take few more in. A few years ago when I discovered that my BP was rather high, I joined several walking groups and I now do 1 or more 5 mile (about 8km) walks each week. The better the weather, the more often I go on walks - where i live in UK I'm lucky to have some brilliant countryside nearby, and there are about 20 different groups I can join to walk. Not only am I carrying slightly less fat, but I feel better, enjoy my food ('cos I've earned it), BP is down and I sleep better.

But the other thing with which i agree is WATER. You cannot really overdo this - as you say it keeps you feeling full but I understand that the body can mistake thirst for hunger. So, if you feel hungry, have a glass of water - if after a few minutes the hunger goes away, well it was actually thirst. Even if you still feel hungry and end up eating, you'll eat less and the benefits of regular drinking water cannot be overstated. Even in a UK winter, I drink 3 or 4 litres of water a day - if i have a coffee, then I follow it with water. 

As for diets - always remember what Garfield said..."a diet is die with a t at the end" ????

Try and formulate a healthy eating plan rather than a diet- you're more likely to stick with that.....IMO, of course.

I recommend going to MK restaurant one a week and order all things 'green' with maybe a bit of liver or fish or both, throw it all in the stew pot. Its tasty, healthy, not expensive and it fills you up AND its a nice treat for the other half too.

Good luck

19 minutes ago, VBF said:

I don't think i could keep apple cider vinegar down - I just poured a little drop into a glass and tried it and nearly gagged!  It works on food but I don't think that's for me.

Some people even drink it straight which isn't recommended. Try adding 30 ml of pineapple juice to 300 ml of warm or not very cold water. Then add 5ml of ACV. Pineapple juice I've found to be the best additive for make ACV easier to drink. If you can drink that then gradually increase the amount of ACV. I didn't find it easy at first but have now  gotten used to it. My reason for taking it was trying to help reduce my uric acid levels which had become a problem. Down from 8.3 to 7.2 in three months so maybe it helps. I'll get tested again in June. If I can get below 6.6 then just might have some beer again ????

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
6 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:
Depends what the 6K walk is. Inclined and speed. 

Yes it varies, the 350 calorie estimate includes some hills and average 6-7km/h. Whats your 6k? my point is don't kid yourself its doing more than it is

6k is probably the very minimum everybody should try to get to at least 10k,one thing a fitness tracker does is monitor your heart rate not as accurate as a chest strap but will give you some idea of the effort you are putting in.

Archived