Help Me Im starving

Nyezhov

34 minutes ago, gturoff said:

Find another Cardiologist. The Atkins diet and ketogenic diets have been extensively studied and found to be very effective in losing weight, lowering cholestoral, controlling blood sugar. Only certain fruits can be eaten, such as strawberries, bluberries, rasberries, which have very low sugar content. No bread, rice (brown or otherwise), sugar, honey, or any sweetners which end in -ose, fructose, glucose etc. No starchy veggies like potatoes, corn, etc., Brocolli, green beans, spinach, califlour, eat all you want. A little cheese sauce is quit good. Eggs are good, bacon, sausage, steak, pork, chicken, salmon, any fish, shrimp, crab. You shouldn’t be hungry with all those choices.

Well again, there are the newest and greatest thing on the Internet to make money or the good old basic that has been working for years if followed:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heart-disease/in-depth/heart-healthy-diet/art-20047702

And Ill always be hungry ????

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you tell how many calories you burn while cycling? I estimate I cycle about 8 Ks a day, from my house to the exercise park, all on flat ground, there are no hills anywhere near me. So how many cals will I burn? Would I be right in saying about 200?

I use a computer and heart rate monitor, i check it after the exercise. From what you say maybe 200 calories, it all helps, hills makes a big difference. i cycled 27km this morning including some very steep hills and computer says 785 calories.

Walking and cycling are all good but generally burn less than you think

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I always comment on people who religiously believe keto is the one cure that cures all. You are not like that. Keto is just one of the diets that CAN work everything works once you lover the amount of calories you ingest. 

I have read recent research that shows keto DOES NOT make people lose more weight when people adhere to their diet. Its just a way to eat less nothing more nothing less. I prefer not to use it, i have tried just did not work better for me then other diets. It certainly is not good for those people who do sports that need explosive power. 

Nothing wrong with KETO, as long as people accept other ways work too.

Most important thing is eating less and eating quality foods not crap. 

If you had taken the trouble to read my posts properly you would see that I did NOT recommend it as a cure all for everything, and that if possible, it should be done under supervision. Difficult because physicians get almost zero instructiobn concerning nutrition). Keto is easier to keep to than the other methods because it kills hunger, thus leading you to eat less calories. You aren't in a daily state of tortured hunger and obligation to go to the gym all the time. Nobody here has denied that other methods work also... where did you pick that up?

The research has shown that in addition to weight loss being more permanent when eating keto, other things like blood glucose, blood pressure and bad cholesterols get reduced as well without meds. 

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

As I read the current literature,  weight training and the type there of is a decision to be made by the individual patients cardiologist based on his evaluation of the patients circumstances.

The latest is for the over 40s to weight train over cardo but that's for healthy individuals,we seem to be getting advice for "patients" from their cardiologist and others who I guess have type2 diabetes from their physician and maybe some with serious overweight problems.

For guys like me who don't have any diagnosed health problems and at 67 are a bit flabby and could lose 5-10kg

Anything in the 7-11 except water is a no-no, good carbs are necessary for good health so it's wholemeal bread and grains,nuts and seeds (unsalted),fresh vegetables and salads all sorts (a rainbow),fresh fruit..eggs are ok unsweetened plain yoghurt, good fresh sea fish not the fresh water fish and shrimps that you see outside most Thai restaurants,a couple of bits of meat a week is enough a bit of cheese maybe.READ THE LABELS on packages and learn what they mean Google the product

Live long and prosper.

11 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Why do I feel that the whole Keto thing is rather cult like...is it just me?

Because you haven't taken the trouble to research it. Or maybe the concept that carbs are bad for you is too difficult? It's certainl a fad for me, I stopped blood pressure meds and statins and my BP is under 120 at 71 years age, running 2.5 Km every day.

2 minutes ago, cooked said:

If you had taken the trouble to read my posts properly you would see that I did NOT recommend it as a cure all for everything, and that if possible, it should be done under supervision. Difficult because physicians get almost zero instructiobn concerning nutrition). Keto is easier to keep to than the other methods because it kills hunger, thus leading you to eat less calories. You aren't in a daily state of tortured hunger and obligation to go to the gym all the time. Nobody here has denied that other methods work also... where did you pick that up?

The research has shown that in addition to weight loss being more permanent when eating keto, other things like blood glucose, blood pressure and bad cholesterols get reduced as well without meds. 

I already stated in an other post that I don't think your one of those Keto fanatics. There are those who see it as the only way. I only rebel against that.

Those blood value changes your talking about are also seen by people who just eat healthy and less. So also not a Keto only thing. I did Keto (and kept to it had keto strips) but the hunger did not go away. So we are all different.

I just like to try things its in my nature and read a lot before i really commit. Anyway Keto works simple but other stuff works too. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Your obviously ignoring what we ask. We ask for proof that Keto is better then other diets. There has been a meta study comparing Keto and other diets and the result was that Keto did exactly the same for weight loss as the other diets. I am sorry that its not what you want to hear.

Nobody ever said that Keto does not work, I am disputing it works BETTER then other diets if people adhere to the diet (Keto wont work if you don't adhere to it neither will other diets)

You got intermittend fasting

You got keto

You got paleo

You got normal reduction while eating healthy (that is what I am on just means eating healthy foods and not too much no carb fear)

Actually the latest research suggests that individuals respond differently to diets and there may be no one "best" way for all people, some will do better on one type of diet and others on another -- though there are of course a few universals, like getting enough fiber, avoiding processed foods,  being sure the diet contains all the needed macro and micronutrients, and that total caloric intake is less than average caloric expenditure (if the diet is meant to lose weight - otherwise that calories in and out are about equal).

The other very important factor to consider is what the person, given their unique tastes and habits, can actually stick to.

The best diet and the best exercise regimes (assuming they meet the criteria I mentioned) are the ones you can actually follow.

For example: After years of mentally berating myself for nto following resolution after resolution about exercise I have finally settled on a routine that I can actually stick to. Exercise buffs would scoff at it, and indeed it is pretty minimal - just 15 minutes of yoga/stretches each day plus walking at least 1 km at a brisk pace each day by going up and down my long driveway multiple times. Nothing great, probably doesn't count as more than moderate activity, but it suits me, I can do it pretty much without fail, and it's working well enough in terms of my weight, flexibility and overall health. Certainly there are far, far better exercise regimes...but I wouldn't do them, or I'd stop doing them after a brief while.

Because you haven't taken the trouble to research it. Or maybe the concept that carbs are bad for you is too difficult? It's certainl a fad for me, I stopped blood pressure meds and statins and my BP is under 120 at 71 years age, running 2.5 Km every day.

No its not that.. its people who claim that Keto is the only way to go and all other things are rubish. That is what makes people react, you and fractured Rabbit seem quite sensible though. 

Just now, Sheryl said:

Actually the latest research suggests that individuals respond differently to diets and there may be no one "best" way for all people, some will do better on one type of diet and others on another -- though there are of course a few universals, like getting enough fiber, avoiding processed foods,  being sure the diet contains all the needed macro and micronutrients, and that total caloric intake is less than average caloric expenditure (if the diet is meant to lose weight - otherwise that calories in and out are about equal).

The other very important factor to consider is what the person, given their unique tastes and habits, can actually stick to.

The best diet and the best exercise regimes (assuming they meet the criteria I mentioned) are the ones you can actually follow.

For example: After years of mentally berating myself for nto following resolution after resolution about exercise I have finally settled on a routine that I can actually stick to. Exercise buffs would scoff at it, and indeed it is pretty minimal - just 15 minutes of yoga/stretches each day plus walking at least 1 km at a brisk pace each day by going up and down my long driveway multiple times. Nothing great, probably doesn't count as more than moderate activity, but it suits me, I can do it pretty much without fail, and it's working well enough in terms of my weight, flexibility and overall health. Certainly there are far, far better exercise regimes...but I wouldn't do them, or I'd stop doing them after a brief while.

Totally in agreement with this post, i cant say it enough we are all different and respond different to different diets. I read this quite a few times in articles about food on the website i visit. 

Like you they also say, the best diet is the one you stick to and the best exercise is the one you keep doing. No need to be perfect. Consistency beats it all as long as you keep doing it. Its better to do a little but keep it on then to go full crazy on it and stop after 3 months. 

Keto is easier to keep to than the other methods because it kills hunger, thus leading you to eat less calories.

Says who?

Many wholesome diets will reduce without meds, is your contention Keto is the only one.

When did I start this topic? Two days ago? When i was curled in the fetal position moaning with hunger, my belly distended from lack or food, crawling to the 7-11 sobbing and gibbering as I gazed upon the pies...screaming to total strangers on the internet to help me or just out me out of my misery...

Well I am pleased to report that I am less miserable. Im still hungry and craving but its more like a small itch as opposed to a rabid weasel burrowing into my guts shredding my intestines as I writhe and scream...After leaving the Doc yesterday and doing my meds run, I stopped in Bangrak, had a relatively healthy stir fry and then went to Tops to get Betacol, Oatmeal and more coffee. They had a two for one on the Hot Dog breads and Croissants, I shook my head like a tight assed bitch and walked right past, as opposed to throwing the clerk to the side and mashing 20 in my mouth while throwing bahts at her. Then I went to 7-11 to get some Organic Soy Milk (reccomended by the nutrition Nazis) and looked right at the pies and spit on them in disgust! How dare they clog me. I shot the bird at the ice cream freezer too, and told all of the lunch meats that they sucked and should go fo! Then I left before the Clerks called the cops.

So in my own silly opinion, one has to try to make up his mind that some stuff is just bad. Would I like a cookie, or a Pocki or a Steak or an Ice Cream? Sure, but only when the wieght loss is greater and the my body is attuned to a healthier diet. Am I gonna have a sausage? Damn straight but I am going to plan for it by fibering up and fatting down for a few days. And maybe just one sausage instead of 6.  My biggest problem was that it was fat and processed and refined sugar instead of fiber and fructose and good protein. Plus portion control. 40 years ago, my then Doctor said, it doesnt matter what you eat, it matters more that you push yourself away from the table and never ask for seconds.

13 minutes ago, cooked said:

Because you haven't taken the trouble to research it.

How do you know?

14 minutes ago, cooked said:

Or maybe the concept that carbs are bad for you is too difficult?

How does it differ from the Paleo?

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

plus walking at least 1 km at a brisk pace each day by going up and down my long driveway multiple times

The beauty of Bangkok is no matter what, I am going to walk at least a KM and go up and down stairs. Its 500 meters each way to the BTS from where I live. Winner.

With respect, you are obviously criticising stuff that you know little about if you ask that question.

I googled it for you. https://www.scripted.com/writing-samples/keto-vs-paleo-diets-what-s-the-difference

I was waiting for that. Doublespeak. Low to no carb on both. And even that article shows that the Keto and Paleo diets are not only difficult to maintain, but not as good as a well balanced diet.

Hey the Keto works for you, fabulous. You have seen the light. This mere sinner is going to stick to the classic. I cant wait to have a nice baked tater with Benecol when I get back to the USA. 

9 minutes ago, Opl said:

comforting food … beer braised oxtail for you

Image associée

Now on my new plan, I would eat little to no fat for the entire day, try to burn 500 calories with some walking, have a small portion, eat a bunch of broccoli with it and then take some Psylium

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I was waiting for that. Doublespeak. Low to no carb on both. And even that article shows that the Keto and Paleo diets are not only difficult to maintain, but not as good as a well balanced diet.

Hey the Keto works for you, fabulous. You have seen the light. This mere sinner is going to stick to the classic. I cant wait to have a nice baked tater with Benecol when I get back to the USA. 

Don't forget to eat the skin.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, poohy said:

Regardless of your football affiliations, this diet does not sound good! and whatever come off will thunder back on again when you resume proper rations!

Not too good on advice  but

In a vain attempt to be vain i walk 6km daily and limit my alcohol or bread intake ( actually if i want to loose quickly i stop bead an beer for month) it seems to drop off somewhat

i will be doing that in Feb march as April an May in will be back in UK feasting on real food and drinking real beer.

Phew! Feel like a cheese and onion sandwich now

so u are saying in Thailand there is no real food and no real beer very intresting comment .

Uk overweight fat foods beer bellies     big woman   all perfect of r healthy life 

i stay here stay healthy not fat beer is ok food exelent 

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Now on my new plan, I would eat little to no fat for the entire day, try to burn 500 calories with some walking, have a small portion, eat a bunch of broccoli with it and then take some Psylium

Be careful, fats are needed to keep your testosterone levels up (and other hormones). Personally I try to get some fish oil (fat) MCT oil and some fat from walnuts/almonds + fat from eggs. in my body. But yes never take too much as at 9 calories per gram it goes fast. 

500 calories with some walking.. will be quite a walk. 

I was my prefect fighting weight (12st - 168lb) when I came to live in Thailand. Now 15 1/2st - 220 lb.

My wife was the chef in a Thai restraunt when I moved here, excellent cook. She feeds me like a pig. The fatter I am the more kudos she gets from her friends/family for "taking good care of me".

Try explaining to a Thai about weight problems vis-à-vis health. Waste of time. Easier to keep shoving the food in my mouth.
Same thing happened to me with the Gf .Always bringing over delicious food. And when I got fat she would constantly ask my me why you so fat? Duh

Put a stop to that and started cooking at home based on keto and got my old body back

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Maybe also if you don't do it already, enjoy cooking for yourself, so you can control the ingrédients and keep your meals tasty, and it's a pleasure to cook with friends , I believe diet should be a pleasure to be successful on the long run, not a punition   

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

500 calories with some walking.. will be quite a walk. 

About 5 km with my weight and pace. I figured this out the other day..if you walk around the inside of the MBK its like 600 meters. Thats just around the perimiter. Its about 100 meters side to side. So if you walk totally around 4 floors, thats about 2400 meters. 4oo meters for back and forth on each floor, thats another 1600 meters. So If I walk to the Sky Train, 500 meters, then do the MBK stroll thats 4000 meters, then walk another 500 meters home, I just rolled 5000 meters or 5km. It may not be the best, as Sheryl says, but its something....

6 minutes ago, Opl said:

Maybe also if you don't do it already, enjoy cooking for yourself, so you can control the ingrédients and keep your meals tasty, and it's a pleasure to cook with friends , I believe diet should be a pleasure to be successful on the long run, not a punition   

I have no friends...no family...nobody...I am alone. I mean I am utterly alone. And even my Pies are denied me *runs sobbing hysetrically to the balcony where he plummets naked into the canal below*

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

About 5 km with my weight and pace. I figured this out the other day..if you walk around the inside of the MBK its like 600 meters. Thats just around the perimiter. Its about 100 meters side to side. So if you walk totally around 4 floors, thats about 2400 meters. 4oo meters for back and forth on each floor, thats another 1600 meters. So If I walk to the Sky Train, 500 meters, then do the MBK stroll thats 4000 meters, then walk another 500 meters home, I just rolled 5000 meters or 5km. It may not be the best, as Sheryl says, but its something....

yes, manage to walk - but not slowly - rather fast, as if you're hurrying to catch a train - at least 40mn / day 

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I have no friends...no family...nobody...I am alone. I mean I am utterly alone. And even my Pies are denied me *runs sobbing hysetrically to the balcony where he plummets naked into the canal below*

At least this diet hasnt Subdued your immagination, top marks for the drama, when everton knock millwall out the fa cup that might take your appitite away..coyb...

On 1/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, madmen said:

Precisely why starvation diets don't work. 

Go keto which is basically atkins and eat eat eat but low or no carbs initially while your body changes from carb burn to ketosis (fat burn) 

I lost 30kg so fast that I was worried I had cancer. 

Working out in the gym or on a bike, jog etc helps but it's not a pre requisite 

Right ! Keto is the only smart choice, and not only for diet, but as definitive lifestyle, if you do not want to look as these ugly old foreigners with big fat belly. and die of diabetes.

2 hours ago, gturoff said:

The Atkins diet and ketogenic diets have been extensively studied and found to be very effective in losing weight,

And extremely unhealthy. The last thing someone recovering from a serious illness wants.

Archived