How much money in bank and for how long for non-o?

You can get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage at many embassies and consulates with no financial proof.

For a one year extension of stay based upon marriage applied for at immigration you need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months.

I can confirm that they are asking for funds to still be in the account for the whole 30 day consideration period to the point where you pick up your extension, taking it to total 3 months seasoning. They also want to see an updated bank book/statement on the day you pick up your extension. This is definitely happening in Bangkok, not sure about elsewhere.

KP.

Edited by KhunProletariat
  • Like 1

I got  Non- O last year in Hia Hin

Need 880k bath for 3 months prior and on the day l was going to immigration deposited 1000baht into account and book updated, if you don't deposit anything it will only show previous transactions and if nothing on the day and date you go, no good

8 hours ago, Boedog said:

f you don't deposit anything it will only show previous transactions and if nothing on the day and date you go, no good

Depends on the bank. If I shove my book in the update machine, even if there have been no transactions, it will print a new line with "b/f" (brought forward), the current balance and the current date. Every year when I renew my extension, that's what I do when I request the bank manager's letter. Never a problem.

Not sure where Hia Hin is, but why baht 880,000?

Edited by Suradit69