North Pattaya beach now clean

balo

I do my daily exercise in this area and the last month or so, the beach has been kept clean, not sure if they do a weekly clean up or what, but the beach is actually clean, maybe not spotless clean, but when I look for plastic and other garbage I can't find much, maybe it's either buried under the sand or maybe someone picks it up on a weekly/daily basis.

What surprises me is that there are fewer tourists on this stretch of the beach than in Central / South Pattaya.  If you walk over to the south side of the beach, after Central it's filthy and lots of plastic trash.   

But from around Hard Rock Hotel and up to Dusit Thani it looks better than ever before. 

Pictures taken yesterday, not crowded at all and for the first time in a long time I actually wanted to sit down and enjoy the beach and the sunny weather. Just don't understand why it's so hard for tourists to figure it out , they are all in South Pattaya.   

692687149_2019-01-1915_51_45.thumb.jpg.f651ef0b35ffc68a2665883e57308710.jpg207656996_2019-01-1915_48_11.thumb.jpg.40c572d88e8fe5c6aa9776e523f33eaa.jpg853324809_2019-01-1915_46_56.thumb.jpg.9c9f960169abbcb5205a27961ab25912.jpg529093045_2019-01-1915_46_48.thumb.jpg.400143c9f964eb39c51ad3980f472846.jpg

1113781235_2019-01-1915_51_52.thumb.jpg.82fcd99c692a7b1a859c49feae2f5f78.jpg

The actual beach is quiet; I reckon most of those out under the sun are Russians. I sit under a brolly on that stretch and there are many Western Europeans there; mostly German. Your fellow Scandinavians will mostly be in Jomtien. Most Brits will be South of Klang.

Many Chinese under the brollies, very few Indians. They don't like to pay for a deckchair.

57 minutes ago, champers said:

Many Chinese under the brollies, very few Indians. They don't like to pay for a deckchair.

That might have something to do with the price some chair and umbrella renters have been known to try to charge you, your average Indian could buy a set of six for back home.

Thanks Balo for the heads up on the beach that end.

For the first time ever that I have seen there were two people raking and sieving sand on the areas that did not have chairs/recliners and parasols on dongtan beach jomtien.The people who run the chairs clean their own bit but seemingly don't even attempte to tidy the rest up.i did notice the streets were looking reasonable clean of litter and not so much plastic on the beach that came in with the tide.

10 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

That might have something to do with the price some chair and umbrella renters have been known to try to charge you, your average Indian could buy a set of six for back home.

Thanks Balo for the heads up on the beach that end.

How much do they charge? I've been offered 40 baht to rent it recently (didn't take it) but surely 40 baht can't be too bad.

46 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Any topless women?

Well they would not be Asian girls, and the blond i saw there a few months ago could make a freight train take a dirt road.

Yes the beach is Ok (for what passes as good around here) the back beach around the platform is trashy as always. 

At least they seemed to have flushed out the lowlifes that semi camp around there.  There are still too many of these speedboat people around there.

Jomtien and Naklua are better for light workouts. 

5 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Any topless women?

Plenty hot topless Russian barbie dolls but they go to koh larn 

I was impressed by the new beach in south Pattaya. First noticed the board walk opposit Mikes mall was filled to the top with sand. Used to be a 5 foot drop. It's seriously improved the rat situation as no more places to hide. It's the same all the way down to walking street and the beach frontage is triple what it used to be. Shame they can't stop the sewerage going in. 

8 hours ago, johng said:

It may "look" clean(ish)  but what about the "black water"  overflowing from the storm water/road drainage pipes   has that been cleaned up too ???

Yes I would avoid a swim, still when the weather is nice and there is a breeze in the air it is nice to relax on the beach now.  Today was another good day. 

I have read for years how bad the beaches and salt water were in the Pattaya area.  However, I went to the North Pattaya beach where they park the tractor that cleans the beach.  I was really impressed.  Not only was the beach spotless (two days in a row), but the water was so clear I could see my toes while standing neck deep.  Is this how clear the water is at Na Jomtien? Does anyone know as I am seriously thinking about buying a beach front condo if that is the case.

2 hours ago, shoupy said:

I have read for years how bad the beaches and salt water were in the Pattaya area.  However, I went to the North Pattaya beach where they park the tractor that cleans the beach.  I was really impressed.  Not only was the beach spotless (two days in a row), but the water was so clear I could see my toes while standing neck deep.  Is this how clear the water is at Na Jomtien? Does anyone know as I am seriously thinking about buying a beach front condo if that is the case.

Re Na Jomtien. If water quality there is good now; I would contend that the more people that move to live there the worse the water quality will be. Infrastructure improvements do not seem to keep pace with growth in developments here.

Shoupy said the water quality in North Pattaya was good. The following question was on water quality in Na-Jomtien. The water in that area and South Jomtien has been a green at best and very more so a yellow brown ,as it was yesterday and today. Why don't you just take a ride down there and see for yourself Shoupy?

ah I see a heap of new sand there, in the OP pix

-  covering all what was perpetually black and gooey...

need to scuba out a 100 metres out though, and find where the same sewerage pipe now unearths...

19 minutes ago, tifino said:

and find where the same sewerage pipe now unearths...

I read somewhere it/they had been extended out to about 1 kilometre from the shore.

there is also the problem of sewage being dumped straight into the road drains which is only supposed to take rain/storm water and as far as I know goes straight into the sea untreated.

11 minutes ago, johng said:

I read somewhere it/they had been extended out to about 1 kilometre from the shore.

there is also the problem of sewage being dumped straight into the road drains which is only supposed to take rain/storm water and as far as I know goes straight into the sea untreated.

... straight into Army boot socks, On that Parade on Beach Rd last year!

Archived